The Falkirk FC Thread

On 30/10/2023 at 21:18, LeodhasXD said:

It just all seems completely bizarre. I've said before your analyst films from the better position and he probably just keeps the camera as wide as possible and sportscodes with his other hand but why not get that camera as a wide shot on the stream - have second lower one doing plenty of zoom for close-ups shots, I'm fairly sure unlike me you pay for Vmix so you could certainly use it as a replay angle to make it more interesting at the very least. Wasn't that long ago Sky were sending only a couple of cameras to Premier League games. Even on the editing - why not replay? The replays I take make the skeleton of the highlights and I just finesse the length of the clip to the start of an attack or a coherent bit of commentary.

That zoom issue is confidence to go tight with the zoom and stick with play. Some people can't anticipate a pass in football to be fair. Also on availability there's not anywhere that you can't stream from. Edinburgh is the most irritating. Kelty told us we couldn't have power before we ended up sharing a gantry at the same side. Annan was fine once I stopped automatically connecting to a stray BT-Wifi without realising. We're very space restricted as well as Cove. Everywhere else is a doddle. Volunteers or not I can do it solo from every ground while chipping in with a twitter update when my fingers work.

At one point the tracking camera idea will work exceptionally - maybe just in 10 years time. Now though, Pixellot, especially, is for people who are technically and resource challenged. We've got Veo for the youth and I get the impression it's more passable but it may just be luck on dark nights that it's quite stable.

Stream You don't wanna do it like that! by PopColgrave | Listen online for  free on SoundCloud

3 hours ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

Why not offer your experience to Falkirk? At least you would see decent football more than four times this season. 😉

Because Falkirk throw a bunch of volunteers at things instead of paying a wage. There's a major issue in Scottish football about just accepting the bare minimum because someone does it for free.

Edit. Actually recall them paying ParsTV for streaming.

Edited by LeodhasXD

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Because Falkirk throw a bunch of volunteers at things instead of paying a wage. There's a major issue in Scottish football about just accepting the bare minimum because someone does it for free.

Edit. Actually recall them paying ParsTV for streaming.

You are very touchy when someone is pulling your leg. 

Edited by Mr Grimsdale

1 minute ago, gav-ffc said:

Guessing this is to do with the AGM last week.

I wasn’t there as it was my son’s graduation party but got sent this:

Only 25 at meeting. Was simply a rehash version of AGM with Club Directors and Jamie doing the same slide presentations. Ideal for those who didn't attend AGM but nothing new if they did attend AGM. Was a presentation from T Begg on Academy, which had heard most of before. QnA ran for 30 minutes at the end.

44 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

Only 25 at meeting. Was simply a rehash version of AGM with Club Directors and Jamie doing the same slide presentations. Ideal for those who didn't attend AGM but nothing new if they did attend AGM. Was a presentation from T Begg on Academy, which had heard most of before. QnA ran for 30 minutes at the end.

I'd be worried if what was described as an AGM update for FSS members would be any different from the actual AGM 😀; one of the Director's (Keith Gourley) asked who had been at the actual AGM and only 2 or 3 hands went up making the very point that it was a shortened version of the actual AGM presentation.

FWIW I found it decent tbh mainly because I've never been at an AGM, lots of information and evidence of solid progress, there was a lot of disappointment mentioned at the low numbers attending.

Tony Begg's presentation was really good and I'd not heard any of it before. 

The Q and A at the end was also pretty good, with decent questions asked and honest / direct responses from the directors and the committee members.

I left feeling positive that we're in a lot better place than we've been for a while and pissed off I didn't bring any cash to buy the new strip, if I'd known it would be for sale I would have.

2 hours ago, Roboccop said:

1 hour ago, AJ1981 said:

I'd be worried if what was described as an AGM update for FSS members would be any different from the actual AGM 😀; one of the Director's (Keith Gourley) asked who had been at the actual AGM and only 2 or 3 hands went up making the very point that it was a shortened version of the actual AGM presentation.

FWIW I found it decent tbh mainly because I've never been at an AGM, lots of information and evidence of solid progress, there was a lot of disappointment mentioned at the low numbers attending.

Tony Begg's presentation was really good and I'd not heard any of it before. 

The Q and A at the end was also pretty good, with decent questions asked and honest / direct responses from the directors and the committee members.

I left feeling positive that we're in a lot better place than we've been for a while and pissed off I didn't bring any cash to buy the new strip, if I'd known it would be for sale I would have.

Yeah both these posts sum it up really.

Turnout was disappointing as I think most who left were feeling positive.

Someone should have a word with the Ultras about smoke bombs and bangers. After last night's recreation of Dresden by one of the arse cheeks, you can bet the blazers will stamp down hard on the next diddy team's fans that so much as breathe heavily so they can say they're taking action.

They'll do f**k all to the arse cheeks of course. 

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

Someone should have a word with the Ultras about smoke bombs and bangers. After last night's recreation of Dresden by one of the arse cheeks, you can bet the blazers will stamp down hard on the next diddy team's fans that so much as breathe heavily so they can say they're taking action.

They'll do f**k all to the arse cheeks of course. 

Yep, I said this a few weeks ago when the banger went off at TFS. If it continues it's just a matter of time before we're fined some money that we don't have.

30 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Yep, I said this a few weeks ago when the banger went off at TFS. If it continues it's just a matter of time before we're fined some money that we don't have.

The tit that thought it was a good idea to bring an industrial strength firework into the game should have been hunted and barred from the ground.

The club is liable if it happens within our home stadium but I'm sure that if done within an away ground providing no structural damage to seats/pitch etc.. then the club has little to no liability outside of issuing statements along the lines of please stop. If the SFA/SPFL/Police are to make an attempt to crack down on it then that may change.

Absolutely no idea how they manage to get them in anyway, had stewards cupping my nuts before the Stirling game.

3 hours ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

The club is liable if it happens within our home stadium but I'm sure that if done within an away ground providing no structural damage to seats/pitch etc.. then the club has little to no liability outside of issuing statements along the lines of please stop. If the SFA/SPFL/Police are to make an attempt to crack down on it then that may change.

Absolutely no idea how they manage to get them in anyway, had stewards cupping my nuts before the Stirling game.

Put the liability on the support and the club they do impersonations of supporting.

Any sanctions applied would take into consideration the actions the club takes to eliminate the individuals from involvement with the club.  From lifetime bans, removing supporter clubs' association with the team, and denial of tickets. Decentl supporters won't want that and will not by shy about shopping them should they break the embargo. If clubs are seen to only do lip service then it's the next home game behind closed doors.

The problem is solved instantly.

November Newsletter

Status Update – Half a Million?!

It feels only right, with this month representing 2 years of the FSS subscription-based model, that we should take a moment to pause and look back at how far the FSS has come.

In November 2021, the FSS held ~3% of shares in the Club and on Day 1 of the subscriptions-based model launch it received 25 members. Fast forward 2 years and today…

…FSS boasts a membership of 843 who provide over £120,000 a year. It is truly incredible.

4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

November Newsletter

Status Update – Half a Million?!

It feels only right, with this month representing 2 years of the FSS subscription-based model, that we should take a moment to pause and look back at how far the FSS has come.

In November 2021, the FSS held ~3% of shares in the Club and on Day 1 of the subscriptions-based model launch it received 25 members. Fast forward 2 years and today…

…FSS boasts a membership of 843 who provide over £120,000 a year. It is truly incredible.

The numbers are increasing 👍