The Falkirk FC Thread

The Allan situation is incredibly frustrating. Paid money for him, he quit a job for FT football(dunno if it was a good job but it was a job). He doesn't fit the system but surely there are other ways to use him. 

Seems a shame for the lad. Saying that he could hopefully pick up a FT gig elsewhere after us to at least give him half a chance. We might even require him at some stage but not ideal since he has had little minutes. 

Just now, Hartleys18/19Army said:

The Allan situation is incredibly frustrating. Paid money for him, he quit a job for FT football(dunno if it was a good job but it was a job). He doesn't fit the system but surely there are other ways to use him. 

Seems a shame for the lad. Saying that he could hopefully pick up a FT gig elsewhere after us to at least give him half a chance. We might even require him at some stage but not ideal since he has had little minutes. 

I reckon he's got a few more important goals in him for us this season, whether that be late winners or equalizers. Instead of subbing off MacIver straight for Allan he should keep MacIver on to get more practice in the 2 up top when we're comfortably winning unless he's keeping that trick up his sleeve so no teams are prepared for it.

Allan coming on to partner MacIver is the only way. As good as finishing the game on the spot when Allan comes on since we don't adapt our play to suit, Saturday a perfect example.

That being said though if you forced me to pick one person in the squad for the ball to fall to within say 12 yards of the goal I'd probably pick him, so he does have a worth somewhere.

18 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Allan coming on to partner MacIver is the only way. As good as finishing the game on the spot when Allan comes on since we don't adapt our play to suit, Saturday a perfect example.

That being said though if you forced me to pick one person in the squad for the ball to fall to within say 12 yards of the goal I'd probably pick him, so he does have a worth somewhere.

Had a couple of decent opportunities in reserve game today that he didn’t take. The lad Ben Honeyman looks a decent prospect & took his goal well.

15 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

While doing some family research today I came across this from the Falkirk Herald 2 Sep 1933.  Never knew there were greyhound races at Brockville.

Brockville greyhounds.jpg

They were there for several years. All sorts of carry on while they were here.

This volume of the Minutes, transcribed and digitised by some of the finest minds in the land (😇) covers their introduction...

https://falkirkfootballheritagetrust.wordpress.com/july-1931-to-october-1934/

33 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

While doing some family research today I came across this from the Falkirk Herald 2 Sep 1933.  Never knew there were greyhound races at Brockville.

Brockville greyhounds.jpg

How the heck did the dugs make a 90° turn at the corners of the pitch at Brockville? It would have to be like the car in Automan!

19 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

How the heck did the dugs make a 90° turn at the corners of the pitch at Brockville? It would have to be like the car in Automan!

The new main stand was only constructed in the late 20s, difficult to tell from these photos at the time but suspect much of the old terracing hadn't been built yet 

CMewA3cWcAANznG.thumb.jpeg.fd7e1adf77621ae9b021fd94c46e3cae.jpegbrockville-main-stand-1.jpg.73838ca984ba7616c0998366c8e0183b.jpg

On 07/11/2023 at 17:55, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

The new main stand was only constructed in the late 20s, difficult to tell from these photos at the time but suspect much of the old terracing hadn't been built yet 

CMewA3cWcAANznG.thumb.jpeg.fd7e1adf77621ae9b021fd94c46e3cae.jpegbrockville-main-stand-1.jpg.73838ca984ba7616c0998366c8e0183b.jpg

What memories we should have stayed at Brockville.

Most certainly we could not be worse off with where we find ourselves at present and without one physical asset.

16 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

What memories we should have stayed at Brockville.

Most certainly we could not be worse off with where we find ourselves at present and without one physical asset.

It’s been said before but how would a redevelopment of Brockville have been funded without the sale of the park. 

There was also the issue of space. 

34 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

He really was some player.

I used to love a visit to Brockville as a teenager when we were away from home. 

He was one of those guys who was worth the admission price on his own 

A round of Happy birthday to you for Crunchie from the Ultras on Saturday would be a nice touch