The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest FFC1965

Its a measure of our progress that we are discussing a streaky win [in a season where we've taken 33 points from 39].  

At this stage last season our record was W7 D3 L3 so 9 points fewer.    

It'll get harder as the season goes on as we'll be a cup final for other teams but this team has a steely streak that I love.  Also every game that passes where we don't slip up cranks up the pressure on Hamilton.     

DUFC looked pretty good on Friday so to me Friday is a free hit.  Hopefully get the Scottish Cup game taken care of early and rest the first XI for the Montrose game - the first of four crucial league games.   

Edited by FFC1965

5 hours ago, AJ1981 said:

15% I understand. Direct from a somebody ITK, this is a Canadian group with big money who have agreed terms with the Rawlins and in  discussion with the MSG, who were critical of the board and fan ownership in the meeting. To invest they want a majority share and are being advised by Martin Rennie and a local businessman.  

Brings nothing to the club if the Rawlins and MSG sell their shares. Will still need club approval for the sale. I would hope that the BoD would have discussions with who they are there to represent (i.e. Patrons and FSS), before any meaningful discussions take place. 

The only way for the club to benefit is by issuing new shares. Again, that can only be done with approval from a good chunk of the current shareholders.

2 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Brings nothing to the club if the Rawlins and MSG sell their shares. Will still need club approval for the sale. I would hope that the BoD would have discussions with who they are there to represent (i.e. Patrons and FSS), before any meaningful discussions take place. 

The only way for the club to benefit is by issuing new shares. Again, that can only be done with approval from a good chunk of the current shareholders.

If we want to strengthen and maintain our FT status, there’s really no alternative but to consider external investment. My concern is that who actually gets the final approval?

7 minutes ago, Springfield said:

If we want to strengthen and maintain our FT status, there’s really no alternative but to consider external investment. My concern is that who actually gets the final approval?

For external investment, new shares will need to be issued. Either that or someone donates cash for nothing in return.

The raison d'être of the the FSS and the Patrons Groups has always been the ability to resist unwanted predators. They should at least have a say. If it was only left to those who are currently on the Board, I would be extremely disappointed. 

FT status is not dependent upon external investment.....yet ! 

27 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

It may well bring something to the club if they have contacts etc in either a sporting context or can help bring more money into the club. Perhaps help with getting the stadium finished too. Who knows at the moment the Rawlins have shares but are not involved in the club.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

It may well bring something to the club if they have contacts etc in either a sporting context or can help bring more money into the club. Perhaps help with getting the stadium finished too. Who knows at the moment the Rawlins have shares but are not involved in the club.

Thats what the Rawlins were supposed to bring to the club but that didn't materialise. 

One main point I believe with the Rawlins, is that their shareholding is actually not personal but is registered to a business they own. If they sell the business, they may also be able to transfer the shares without our Boards approval. Not sure about the legality of this, but it's a possibility.

Edited to add - The owners of these "Rawlins shares"  will possibly have an option to take their shareholding to 45% with new shares being issued to allow this to happen. By this token, whoever owns the "company" that owns these shares, potentially have the possibility of partnering with a minor shareholder of 5% +1 ....thus owning the club.

Puts fan ownership into perspective ! 

Edited to add (2) - If they do want to take their shareholding to 45%, it would bring a substantial £ into the club ! 

Edited by Zbairn

1 hour ago, Zbairn said:

Thats what the Rawlins were supposed to bring to the club but that didn't materialise. 

One main point I believe with the Rawlins, is that their shareholding is actually not personal but is registered to a business they own. If they sell the business, they may also be able to transfer the shares without our Boards approval. Not sure about the legality of this, but it's a possibility.

Edited to add - The owners of these "Rawlins shares"  will possibly have an option to take their shareholding to 45% with new shares being issued to allow this to happen. By this token, whoever owns the "company" that owns these shares, potentially have the possibility of partnering with a minor shareholder of 5% +1 ....thus owning the club.

Edited to add (2) - If they do want to take their shareholding to 45%, it would bring a substantial £ into the club ! 

Yes unfortunately inchyra gate seemed to be the last straw in that happening though so better to get someone in who wants to get involved properly instead . That would make it a proper 3rd leg of the stool. 

12 hours ago, Zbairn said:

Stop this nonsense with their share option. It was made clear that date for the option is well passed. 

23 minutes ago, Forever_Blue_ said:

Agreed. New TV providers have a lot to learn. Sure the old guys had cameras behind the goals and the odd camera up the back of the KM7 stand. 

I'm sure it's been said a few times here that the cameras and camera operators are the same as has always been. The change has been in the software and in commentators? 

18 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

I'm sure it's been said a few times here that the cameras and camera operators are the same as has always been. The change has been in the software and in commentators? 

I subscribe to the new Falkirk tv and the only positive I have about it is the new guy on commentary duties. I don't want to be overly critical because I appreciate we're currently in a Diddy league and they probably don't want to spend too much on it, but it certainly feels like the old Falkirk TV was more reliable, better angles, better replays and also occasionally they had some pre match stuff going on.