The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Midweek-away-to-Lossie said:

What he done to Hartlepool?  He wasn't even there 4 months!  As useless as he is and as much as I dislike him, that clubs downfall is not entirely his doing.

For what he done to Falkirk, surely the board had the final say?  Or maybe it's the board that are the issue as opposed to Hartley, 5 years on and still languishing in League One...

I've seen through Hartley since day 1 of his first spell at our club, its blatantly clear why he was given the job in the first place and thankfully more Cove fans are finally seeing that since his return.  Hartley got us relegated last season when despite being at the bottom end of the Championship table, it was still part of the upward trajectory the club have been on over the past few seasons.  That momentum and positivity has all but gone now, purely due to Hartley - Jim McIntyre would have probably kept us up, I suspect any other manager would have kept us from finishing 10th but the DoF's son-in-law needed a job, so that's all that matters sadly!

He did to Hartlepool what he did to us. Signed numerous diddies and basically set them up for relegation from the get go of the season. I have no feelings towards cove rangers other than that wee c**t in charge of them. 

5 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

Hamilton (Rankin) and Alloa (Rice) have done it this season. It's certainly not a secret these days. 

To be fair though, the last 2 teams that have tried to deny us the second half 'advantage' of shooting into our own stand have went in at half time on the wrong end of 3 nil pumpings so I'd be quite happy for that trend to continue this weekend. 

Given how quickly we have been starting games, I think it might actually give us an advantage when everyone is right up for it at kick off. 

8 hours ago, Midweek-away-to-Lossie said:

The fact we, despite being a small tin pot club, live rent free in their heads due to the continued obsession with Hartley makes me think we can come away with at least a point especially given our past record there.  Hartley has managed to get us stealing points from games we shouldn't and if we do leave with 3 points, I expect it very much to fall into this category and wouldn't be surprised if the wheels come off their season!

Absolute slavers.

4 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Made 17 shite summer signings which ultimately played a massive part in them being relegated to the national league? Managed 4 points from the first 11 games before being punted.

It's almost as if he did it on purpose, coming back up the road with a tidy pay off in time for christmas. Knowing fine well daddy Cove would bring him back in for a second suckle of the bosoms soon enough.

I've always been suspicious of Hartley and why he churns players like he does. I am not going to write down what I exactly think but most clubs let managers too much freedom in negotiation and that leaves thngs open to abuse. 

Edited by Kevin James Left Knee

3 hours ago, GMBairn said:

To be fair though, the last 2 teams that have tried to deny us the second half 'advantage' of shooting into our own stand have went in at half time on the wrong end of 3 nil pumpings so I'd be quite happy for that trend to continue this weekend. 

Given how quickly we have been starting games, I think it might actually give us an advantage when everyone is right up for it at kick off. 

Serious shout to change this when we get to pick ends at kickoff? 

On 30/11/2023 at 20:31, Reggie Perrin said:

Non trying shitebag imposter.

Have to disagree with you on that one. I thought Burrell did try hard. Dodging the wall vs Airdrie was poor but he did win us the freekick we scored from by going in for a 50/50 vs the keeper. 

Edited by Dave McInally

22 hours ago, BountyBairn said:

Serious shout to change this when we get to pick ends at kickoff? 

Not sure, I think thankfully we are at a point where it doesn't matter. We are rarely desperately chasing games this season so don't need to worry about it. 

Burrell is a decent finisher given the chance I'd say better than Allan, which begs the question if MacIver gets injured is Allan the answer? Or if we are going to strengthen in January do you let Allan go on loan and try to bring in a tall centre forward similar to MacIver as McGlynn favours one up top. 

Having played well on the telly a few times this season, if someone comes in for Morrison in January and we can't keep him I can't see us winning the league without him, if at all. Need to hold on to him at all costs, at least until the Summer.

Anyone else starting to think it's only a matter of time before it all falls apart, like it has so many times before. I keep telling myself this season is different, and it is, until now at least.  Being a Bairn our hopes have been dashed more often than not, especially in recent seasons.  Biting fingernails.  COYB.  Next couple of games will go far in deciding the season I think.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

8 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Anyone know how well the new pitch does in cold weather? Seem to remember the old one survived pretty well up to -4 or so. With no  real sleet or snow forecast hoping all is fine for tomorrow

I was at the stadium between 5 and 6 for my son's Goalkeeper coaching and there was an u16 or 18 friendly on. Pitch seemed to be holding up well, main issue seemed to be ice forming in the North East area of the car park

Guest FFC1965

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow.  

Its a chance to go 15 unbeaten in the league, hopefully with a win given our excellent home form.   That would equal the longest unbeaten run I can recall in 50 odd years watching the Bairns. I've seen enough to convince me that this season *is* different.   

I hope that Cove come to have a go,  should be a good game.    

Edited by FFC1965