The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Doesn't appear to me to have been a huge amount of effort to get it on (like you see at Hamilton or Stenny). I reckon there might be a reason for that.

Our game is on.

Another shameful day and embarrassment for Falkirk Football Club. Zero effort made to get the game on.

Any idea when might be plausible to play this if called off?

The Montrose game in February will be moved for our Challenge Cup game and we have Cove and Hamilton the following Saturdays so not ideal if it ends up before either one. 

Sure we could get a good attendance over Christmas as suggested but could be a issue if it means playing 2 big games in a week. 

Edited by Dave McInally

1 hour ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

If the club has a bit of nouse get this arranged for the Wednesday after Christmas. Guaranteed a big crowd 

2 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

Any idea when might be plausible to play this if called off?

The Montrose game in February will be moved for our Challenge Cup game and we have Cove and Hamilton the following Saturdays so not ideal if it ends up before either one. 

Sure we could get a good attendance over Christmas as suggested but not ideal if it means playing 2 big games in a week. 

I don't know why but I have in my head that weather postponed league matches can't be re-scheduled between November - February.

Edited by Todd_is_God

4 minutes ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

Disgraceful Stenny have got the game on and we haven't even attempted to clear the pitch. Probably a lot of Xmas nights out in hospitality today looking for refunds I'd imagine. 

How do you know we haven't tried to clear it? Many of the games on plastic that have been postponed involve lengthy journeys and I would imagine that's what influenced the decision. 

Just now, Hartleys18/19Army said:

Disgraceful Stenny have got the game on and we haven't even attempted to clear the pitch. Probably a lot of Xmas nights out in hospitality today looking for refunds I'd imagine. 

Their opponents have little travel time. Ours will have at least 2hours. I am sure that would be a big part in this. If you also look at Hamilton QOS players all live and train in the Central Belt so no travel issues for that game either. 

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

I don't know why but I have in my head that weather postponed matches can't be scheduled between November - February.

That maybe correct. We had a Saturday game postponed by Dunfermline early last winter that didn’t get played till March. 

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’s in their best interests to get it on now that our game is off. Real opportunity for them to go top of the league.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment that tweet was before your game was called off.

It's only in our best interests if we can get the pitch close to perfect. No point playing on a lottery of a pitch.

With it being a brand new pitch the last thing you want is a dozen or so people hacking at it with shovels. The artificial blades come away from the pitch very easily. 

Different for teams like Stenny who don't maintain it to the same level.

Coupled with the travel from up north, I've not got an issue with it being off. I also can't make it which is an added bonus for me personally.

Edited by latapythelegend

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Just need to hope Accies drop points today. Even if they don't, our job quite simply does not change. And having gthe opportunity to go ahead of them having played a game less regardless of that game being v Cove should be a challenge we relish. 

Could be a very important day today in the title race.

Personally I think it's great that we have a chance to get ahead of you, and that then adds pressure to Falkirk both on the 16th and the fact that your game in hand is against Cove (though who knows what they will look like come Spring).

The idea of being 8 points clear by 5pm on the 16th is both appealing and not entirely unrealistic now, but we need to take care of our business first and foremost.

As a spectacle, however, I think it's a bit of a shame today's games aren't going to be played at the same time.

5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Could be a very important day today in the title race.

Personally I think it's great that we have a chance to get ahead of you, and that then adds pressure to Falkirk both on the 16th and the fact that your game in hand is against Cove (though who knows what they will look like come Spring).

The idea of being 8 points clear by 5pm on the 16th is both appealing and not entirely unrealistic now, but we need to take care of our business first and foremost.

As a spectacle, however, I think it's a bit of a shame today's games aren't going to be played at the same time.

So after 19 games unbeaten we are going to lose to Kelty at home next week the you lot the week after. As Kenny might say….maybees aye maybees nah.

Also big assumption that your lot are going to win three in a row…..😒🤔

According to some friends that stay near the stadium, the footpaths all around the stadium and surrounding area hadn’t been cleared or sanded. With the added restrictions with the opposite site (no footpaths) even with the pitch clear, it would have been difficult to have the game on. Someone posting an Ariel view. Looks like no attempt was made to clear any of the access areas at the stadium. I do wonder if we were simply caught out, or it suited us not to play. No early call for volunteers or help……….