The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

When the stand is this busy a little graphic from the ultras would be much appreciated. Let people know where they plan on standing so families/older people can come in earlier and sit elsewhere.

Not very rock and roll but would be helpful. 

I agree, when I got my tickets the shop member said it should be designated seating but she doesn’t know if it will be adhered too. I’m hoping they have sold the Ultras a block nearest the Hamilton stand as that’s where they will probably want to be. There was issues at Forthbank with folk not sitting in their right seats.

4 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I agree, when I got my tickets the shop member said it should be designated seating but she doesn’t know if it will be adhered too. I’m hoping they have sold the Ultras a block nearest the Hamilton stand as that’s where they will probably want to be. There was issues at Forthbank with folk not sitting in their right seats.

@gav-ffc you know what to do

13 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

They may say it is designated seating but I cant see that happening with the way the tickets are being sold. I would guess it will just be sit where you want to and the ultras will group together at the end next to the home support. 

This game is so important in a number of ways.  Opening up a gap between ourselves and Hamilton could even help with things like contract discussions in Jan for those out of contract next year.  

It'll be interesting to see if McGinn comes straight back in.  We somehow need to find a starting place for Ross too I think though great to have options off the bench atm

29 minutes ago, Double t said:

They may say it is designated seating but I cant see that happening with the way the tickets are being sold. I would guess it will just be sit where you want to and the ultras will group together at the end next to the home support. 

The truth is I don’t want to sit in my designated seat. I went early to get a ticket at the match and because they sold the seats at the front first my ticket will be a shit view. But I don’t want to cause fights if I go elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Imagine it will be sit anywhere, if you want to use your designated seat I'd get there early

Couldn't say for sure but reckon the Ultras will be in the section nearest the Hamilton fans 

They may do what they did at recent big  games and rope off the section of seats nearest the home end which will hinder the atmosphere.

The Cops had the Well Bois at the section nearest Morrisons which ruined the atmosphere in those games.

2 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

This game is so important in a number of ways.  Opening up a gap between ourselves and Hamilton could even help with things like contract discussions in Jan for those out of contract next year.  

It'll be interesting to see if McGinn comes straight back in.  We somehow need to find a starting place for Ross too I think though great to have options off the bench atm

Why would McGinn play? Is Hendo suspended?

Edit to say: On the subject of Ross, I'm not entirely convinced by his fitness. When running through on the Kelty goal at that late chance, he looked absolutely knackered, as did the defender chasing him. Given that he had only been on for 20 minutes or so at the time, he really should have been able to get into the box faster and get a shot away or square to Morrison long before he did.

Edited by ShaggerG

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Why would McGinn play? Is Hendo suspended?

It would be difficult to argue that any version of McGinn we've had at Falkirk gets in our current best 11. He would have to be better than Spencer, since Hendo is a different sort of player, and im not convinced thats ever been the case in a Falkirk jersey. He's never drove the game forward for us the way Spencer can. But the idea that he could come in now is fanciful. Bench and dire emergencies for Steven unfortunately. 

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It would be difficult to argue that any version of McGinn we've had at Falkirk gets in our current best 11. He would have to be better than Spencer, since Hendo is a different sort of player, and im not convinced thats ever been the case in a Falkirk jersey. He's never drove the game forward for us the way Spencer can. But the idea that he could come in now is fanciful. Bench and dire emergencies for Steven unfortunately. 

I think the role he played last week will be his from now on. Come on to help shore things up towards the end of a game.