The Falkirk FC Thread

11 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

1080p50 is also not massively great at movement. It's just ok these days.. Check out Stranraer's highlights for some incredibly sexy 4k footage. You can see the individual frames are like crystal. Streaming at 4k won't happen any time soon and to edit 4k video quickly you need to spend more money on your editing rig or just accept it'll take longer so I'll not be doing it for a bit. 

Missing goals happens but you have got an individual operator though so you lose points for that. I've got an excuse of a stream, replays, live chat and commentary to multi-task.

You do a great job, especially considering it's a one-man effort on the production side. We're much the same on the rare occasions we stream (thanks to macros and Stream Decks and suchlike!) and have to dial the quality back to 1080p for live streaming, which impacts on highlights.

4K is lovely, but even having upgraded to a decent laptop and started doing a bit of editing at the ground, I'm stuck with 'superfast' internet instead of fibre at home which practically kills any chance of getting 4K highlights up for midnight. I'm in two minds whether to switch back to 1080p but wanted to give 4K a good go first!

4 hours ago, BPM Again said:

Of course it is disappointing it was missed, unacceptable Is way over the top. As the business owner of Citrus who sponsor this service I have had discussions with the club to look at ways try and help the relatively inexperienced team improve the service. At the Kelty game someone who has experience of working with a clubs TV station (who have played Champions League football) was observing how everything has done. He is in the process of writing his report with his recommendations. Hopefully the full game re-runs will help generate revenue to reinvest in better kit. One thing is for sure the issues we have are certainly not through lack of effort to get it right. Hopefully we will all see improvements coming through. Cut the guys some slack. 

Can help you with that, just pay a camera person a match fee, stop over complicating it with audio coverage in the first season. Keep it simple stupid.

it was a tribute to Alex Rae though was it not on Saturday.

10 minutes ago, falkirktv said:

Can help you with that, just pay a camera person a match fee, stop over complicating it with audio coverage in the first season. Keep it simple stupid.

it was a tribute to Alex Rae though was it not on Saturday.

Only amongst Falkirk fans after a result like yesterday would this become a topic! I actually despair, yesterday and last night I was absolutely bouncing, can folk just not enjoy nice stuff when it happens please! 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

13 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Only amongst Falkirk fans after a result like yesterday would this become a topic! I actually despair, yesterday and last night I was absolutely bouncing, can folk just not enjoy nice stuff when it happens please! 

Am not complaining, just saying keep it simple.

and the Alex Rae point maybe you’re not old enough to remember it

6 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

Can't imagine cove would ever have agreed to a coach trip on boxing day given the distance. 

Even Jan 2nd would have been preferable (a PH with good chance of increased crowd).

But I can mind games getting played on Christmas Day, never mind the day after!

https://spfl.co.uk/news/christmas-day-football#:~:text=It seems an unlikely scenario,on Saturday December 25%2C 1976.

12 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

I've been at Hamilton and it shakes like mad up there. Especially if you have a standing commentary team. I tend to sit and try to keep still. Don't imagine it's helped by the strong winds. You're spoiled by the concrete platform to film from at TFS - you can mitigate the movement to an extent. 

The other issue is just the focus. Yes the resolution is 1080p but because it's slightly out of focus with the rain it's just a blur. 1080p50 is also not massively great at movement. It's just ok these days.. Check out Stranraer's highlights for some incredibly sexy 4k footage. You can see the individual frames are like crystal. Streaming at 4k won't happen any time soon and to edit 4k video quickly you need to spend more money on your editing rig or just accept it'll take longer so I'll not be doing it for a bit. 

Missing goals happens but you have got an individual operator though so you lose points for that. I've got an excuse of a stream, replays, live chat and commentary to multi-task.

They deserve a medal if they can get stranraers football looking sexy.

2 hours ago, BPM Again said:

Think he is gutted? 

To give him his due it's actually quite a decent commentary on what happened. Could easily have spat the dummy but he didn't.  

On our highlights was a wee bit disappointed they missed out their keeper clearing out MacIver and nesbitts effort early doors which was saved brilliantly by Fulton. Not sure if that's because of the rush to get them out of to try and entice people to pay and watch the whole game again.

Edited by Shodwall cat