The Falkirk FC Thread

Great result yesterday, feet firmly on the ground, but season been a transformation so far. For January I’d sign a Goalkeeper, as one of these two we have us losing unexpectedly against someone. We’ll obviously loose goals but these two are well capable of gifting goals

OUT MONDAY👇🏼

🆕🎙️EP:64 OUT-SANG, OUTPLAYED, OUTFOUGHT….OUTSTANDING!

🔵 Review the BIG 3-1 win over Accies with @AlanRisk4 🧢
⚪️ Amazing travelling support 🥁
🔵 Falkirk Supporters Society Monthly draw & fundraising event 🎸
⚪️ Half season tickets, Speakers night, Falkirk FC Heritage Book launch & all the latest club news discussed 🗞️

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_6607.thumb.jpeg.bd31e6c4bfc1c8bb384dbafdf02b127b.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

The next two games v Annan and Stirling should be winnable but the team need to keep their focus after such a good win. How many times do you see a team excel then have a stinker. Hope this squad have the resilience 

Suffice to say, to drop points in the next few games, after landing a haymaker on Accies, would be incredibly frustrating as we absolutely cannot afford to let them back in. If we win up to and including the re-arranged Cove game, we will 100% win the league as Accies will defo drop more points.

3 minutes ago, Rennieball said:

Wild take given we've still to play them twice after the January window

Not sure what's so wild about being confident? I'm hardly alone in that assessment as the whole travelling support was singing that we'll be "Championship next season".

12 minutes ago, Rennieball said:

You've just said we'll 100% be promoted if we win our next 4 games

I'm possibly getting a little ahead of myself, I'll admit, but I think the pressure is definitely getting to Accies and bear in mind that they have four players out injured now, including their keeper and their captain.

There's a long way to go yet. Hamilton have already clawed us back once, it's not like we are over the hill and far away, although some of the comments from the Accies fans would have you believe the league is over already. Nonsense. We could (and I hope it doesn't happen) lose Lang, Spencer and Morrison/Miller for a significant period of time and we'd be in the shit aswell. Hamilton will strengthen in January it's important we do aswell although I don't expect a huge amount movement from us. 

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

There's a long way to go yet. Hamilton have already clawed us back once, it's not like we are over the hill and far away, although some of the comments from the Accies fans would have you believe the league is over already. Nonsense. We could (and I hope it doesn't happen) lose Lang, Spencer and Morrison/Miller for a significant period of time and we'd be in the shit aswell. Hamilton will strengthen in January it's important we do aswell although I don't expect a huge amount movement from us. 

It doesn’t need a huge amount of movement 

10 minutes ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

It doesn’t need a huge amount of movement 

Agreed. Surgical tweaks.... a little bit of strategic improvement of the bench. 

Allan for example, being traded wage for wage for a striker who can win balls in the air. A good player, who just can't fit the way we want to play, should be easy to offload if we need to swap rather than simply bring in. 

14 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Would get rid of McKay, Lawal, Allan. 

Upgrade on Bisland too if at all possible. 

Crucially a new striker who can play the Maciver role. One single injury there and our team may turn to muck.

Other than that it looks difficult to find an upgrade on what we have for the money we have. As shown by real quality like Ross being kept out of the team. It’s such an effective, settled 11 atm. Nvestmen

We signed a few too many attackers last Jan and meant we didn’t ever really find our best line up. (Our best run of form came when we started Gary Oliver in the Maciver role for example).

On a side note how good to see that the investment in the franchise football models at Livvie & Queens Park is eventually finding its true level with both propping up their respective divisions 😏

I think a striker that fits McGlynns system is a must. MacIver is having a great season but there are times where we need to freshen it up and if he gets injured we're in real bother.

Both keepers have had glaring errors and the league has been so tight that if there was an experienced option available I'd probably go for that. 

I think our options in the 3 behind the striker are excellent and wouldn't change although Lawal hasn't had a look in so probably best for all involved if he found a loan.

I don't really rate Bisland, think he's fine as a backup RB though so probably not worth spending money there unless we want Yeats going into midfield.

So a striker, a keeper and if we have money left over maybe some additional numbers for cover at centre mid and centre back.

Not sure about this fixation with moving players on.

We don’t have a bloated squad and will certainly require cover for injuries and suspensions as the season progresses.

The only ones I would be looking to shift are McKay who is so far out of the picture as to be invisible and Long who should be sent back to his parent club and replaced by an experienced keeper.

20 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Not sure about this fixation with moving players on.

We don’t have a bloated squad and will certainly require cover for injuries and suspensions as the season progresses.

The only ones I would be looking to shift are McKay who is so far out of the picture as to be invisible and Long who should be sent back to his parent club and replaced by an experienced keeper.

I'm with you on this RP.

Happy to pretty much run with the squad as is. Twenty odd games unbeaten and a comfortable away win over our nearest rivals at the weekend shows we are in a very decent place. I'd almost rather hold the money back for such times as we really do need it. There's also a lot to be said for a smaller squad, most players getting a regular game and the current harmony in the squad. The only caveat I'd put against this approach is if we have an injury to a key player in the next few weeks prior to the January window closing.

I also think Jordan Allan is a decent striker (appreciate our system doesn't suit him brilliantly) and could have a big part to play in the final part of the season (if he isn't moved on). I don't think we have anyone like him in the striking dept so lets us put something different on to unsettle opposition.

I would’ve thought it would be somebody like Mackie who was more likely to look for a loan move, he can’t get back into the team however was seen to be a player capable of playing at a higher level. It was considered a coup getting him to sign so I suspect he’ll be on a decent wage. If we could get a cheap backup for McCann then it might suit everyone 

Edited by Shabba

Only got to think back to the Holt season (as manager not DOF) to see why it is important to strengthen, if you can, in January. 

Hamilton and Cove will undoubtedly spend, and although that doesn't guarantee that they'll strengthen, I wouldn't want to take the risk of doing nothing and falling behind.

The difference between us signing the type of quality that replaces a starting 11 player, as opposed to the bench, will be in the FSS getting another boost over the next couple weeks.