The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

In regards to Burrell, I think it was purely that John identified that we needed a physical presence which neither he or Allan are, up top and finances dictated that he would leave having signed Allan in the January.

Alegria was the first attempt and Oliver filled the link role albeit lacks the height to be an aerial presence that MacIver is. 

We've now got good variation in the strikers role but the nub is there's only one in McGlynn's system that can start and MacIver plays to the teams strengths. Shanley may also be capable of doing similar but I can't see Allan being any more than a bit-part player now.

Burrell jumping out of the way of the ball in the play off first leg, when he should have stood his ground as a vital part of the wall, was the end for me. That was unforgiveable, made it 2-0 and set off the collapse. 

3 minutes ago, Accies1 said:

Are you c***s at it?

First you pull our pants down and pump us on Saturday and now you're sending me emails trying to get me to buy a half season ticket?

Kick a man while he's down, bawbags. 

Buy for the KM Stand, it’s the better of the 2 options 👍🏼

11 minutes ago, Accies1 said:

Are you c***s at it?

First you pull our pants down and pump us on Saturday and now you're sending me emails trying to get me to buy a half season ticket?

The one from Accies is probably being hand written in quill as we speak and bound to the foot of a carrier pigeon 😏

18 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

McGlynn's recruitment really has been first class since he came in. 

Summer 2022
PJ Morrison
Nicky Hogarth(Loan)
Coll Donaldson
Sean Mackie
Liam Henderson
Stephen McGinn
Finn Yeats
Ola Lawal
Kai Kennedy(Loan)
Gary Oliver
Juan Alegria(Loan)
Rumarn Burrell

January 2023
Brian Kinnear(Loan)
Blaine Rowe(Loan)
Archie Meekison(Loan)
Max Kucheriavyi(Loan)
Matty Wright(Loan)
Jordan Allan

Summer 2023
Nicky Hogarth
Sam Long(Loan)
Layton Bisland(Loan)
Tom Lang
Brad Spencer
Calvin Miller
Alfie Agyeman
Ethan Ross(Loan)
Ross MacIver

January 2024
Ryan Shanley

Tbf to McGlynn his recruitment has been excellent. There’s only 2 or 3 players in that list who haven’t been good for us. 

On 16/12/2023 at 16:54, Accies1 said:

That's me done with Hamilton Accies, I'm now a Falkirk fan.

2 hours ago, Accies1 said:

now you're sending me emails trying to get me to buy a half season ticket?

Ask and ye shall receive friend 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

4 hours ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Edinburgh FC in dire trouble and this signing shows it. Their fans on their forum think he is a great signing for us (but say "he needs to screw the nut" whatever that means). 

Given he allegedly has the Riordan genes its mildly impressive if he has opposable thumbs

2 hours ago, Accies1 said:

Are you c***s at it?

Come on over to our place,

Hey you, we’re having a party,

Constant singing and always winning,

Accie, come on over to us

Go on, you know you want too

9 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

We need to see how Shanley plays.  To fit our system he needs to be a player who can control a forward pass and play others in. McIver is great at that as can be seen in the amount of times that his lay offs set up chances for others to create something. If he can be half as good as McIver ( and put some balls in the net ) we are on to a good cheap signing

shanley.thumb.png.ca5614aaebd5525599689974ea810fb0.png

Looks like he can be creative, but maybe depends on system etc.?

Seems like they played 2 up front more last season and 1 up top more this season, so maybe struggles to create for others when they aren't close?

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Seems like they played 2 up front more last season and 1 up top more this season, so maybe struggles to create for others when they aren't close?

I assume the Aerial Disrupter stat has something to do with first contact on headers? 

Was listening to A Pint and Two Shots podcast as Scott Arfield was on it. Said he'd like to retire at Falkirk. He's getting on in years but I reckon he'd be fantastic in the championship next season. I'd take him now in a heartbeat, but can't see him swapping the MLS for League 1. I wonder - would he wear 37 though? 🤔

Edited by Raybowski89
Forgot to include the video

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Impressed you can afford Whyscout. 

9 hours ago, Accies1 said:

Are you c***s at it?

If you want one it will be a season ticket book held at New Douglas Park and you will have to go there to pick it up before every game. It is a way to make you feel happier with the deal.