The Falkirk FC Thread

23 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

6 I think. There's a point in the season where they clear though I'm sure. 

Yes I think they clear, maybe even midway through the season which would be now(!). Where’s our resident QOS fan who knows all the rules. 🙂

Edited to add: done some digging on this thread and found it

Once you get past match 18 without getting 6 bookings, you need to get 12 for a suspension”

Edited by GunnerBairn

34 minutes ago, falkirkbairn23 said:

Surprised about Spencer tbf. Is it 5 to get a match ban?

Henderson already served a ban for 6 bookings, with the level of refs currently it’s no surprise to see so many bookings. 

8 minutes ago, Blane Fonda said:

Is it worth loaning a fringe player like Lawal and maybe even Allan to other teams in this league? 
They cannot play against us, but might help take points off Hamilton and Cove 

Listening to McGlynn's post match interview he seems happy with the squad he has and there isn't really the funds to bring anyone else in that would enhance us. I doubt we will see much movement if any in January unless someone wants away or we get an offer for someone that the board accept.

1 minute ago, ebobsboy said:

Listening to McGlynn's post match interview he seems happy with the squad he has and there isn't really the funds to bring anyone else in that would enhance us. I doubt we will see much movement if any in January unless someone wants away or we get an offer for someone that the board accept.

Aye, but if we're loaning players out that will release funds to bring some in.

7 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, but if we're loaning players out that will release funds to bring some in.

it'll come down to a player chapping the manager's door saying I want away, there's probably one or two in the squad  that may feel like that, whether we let them go is a different matter. I'd say McKay would be the top contender but he might be happy sitting on the bench for the last few months of the 3 year contract Holt gave him. Let's face it his career is on the downward trajectory and he's not going to get another decent payday unless he does a McShane and rocks up at Darvel or similar.

41 minutes ago, Blane Fonda said:

Is it worth loaning a fringe player like Lawal and maybe even Allan to other teams in this league? 
They cannot play against us, but might help take points off Hamilton and Cove 

Edinburgh City, we could all chip in and help pay their wages to make sure they don’t fold.

Wouldn’t want to tinker with the squad too much when it’s going so well. McGlynn was clear in his interview - no point having too many players sitting in the stands.  Defensive and DM cover maybe*, but now McGinn is coming back that’S not even as urgent. I suppose it’s just that player who might become available unexpectedly that would make a difference. 

*but what the fk do I know. McGlynn has barely put a foot wrong in the last three windows.