The Falkirk FC Thread

39 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Come off it, this is surely just front. We’re in the third tier for goodness sake, a pretty weak one at that. It’s enjoyable but carried away, time to set your bar a bit higher imo.

Of course we are in the third tier and of course it’s a weak one but the Scottish Premiership is very weak as well and that won’t stop me getting carried away when we win it in 2026.

44 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Come off it, this is surely just front. We’re in the third tier for goodness sake, a pretty weak one at that. It’s enjoyable but carried away, time to set your bar a bit higher imo.

Can only beat who’s in front of you. Time to enjoy ourselves after a miserable 5 years give or take.

1 hour ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

... time to set your bar a bit higher imo.

Agreed. The squad has been under-achieving and our next target should be the P&B Freddo's challenge 🍫

Edited by Blame Me

Watched goals 3 times this morning. 3 of them are genuinely of very high quality and show a team with a rapport who know where eachother will be and what eachother are going to do.

The other one is just yer wee moment of light relief where their defence have an hilarious nightmare, and then the effortlessly lovable Liam Henderson bags a goal and gets the opportunity to lap it up. All while the defence channel their inner Hartleys by whinging like f**k to cover their own incompetence. 

10/10 enjoyability

Just now, Bairnardo said:

The other one is just yer wee moment of light relief where their defence have an hilarious nightmare, and then the effortlessly lovable Liam Henderson bags a goal and gets the opportunity to lap it up. All while the defence channel their inner Hartleys by whinging like f**k to cover their own incompetence. 

Cove defender with his arm wrapped around Tom Lang's neck and pulls him into his own 'keeper who then proceeds to claim an obstruction. Muppet 🤭

I’m still dumbfounded at how Cove are sitting 3rd in this league. They’re easily one of the worst teams we’ve played this season at TFS. A team full of shitebags 😂

Edit: I’ve nothing against Burrell, but I’m glad he left at the end of last season. Last night showed how ineffective he can be when he’s up against a decent defence. Tom Lang pocketed him all game 

Edited by Bairns1994

2 minutes ago, Bairns1994 said:

I’m still dumbfounded at how Cove are sitting 3rd in this league. They’re easily one of the worst teams we’ve played this season at TFS. A team full of shitebags 😂

They had that run of 5 or 6 wins on the belt. None of the rest have managed that. They are (and might successfully) dining out on that run to have them looking fairly.secure for the playoffs as I dount anyone else who doesn't have Burrells goals can do that. But yeah, if it wasn't for that purple.patch, they'd be going tooth and nail with Kelty/Alloa/Montrose etc. Shite. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

They had that run of 5 or 6 wins on the belt. None of the rest have managed that. They are (and might successfully) dining out on that run to have them looking fairly.secure for the playoffs as I dount anyone else who doesn't have Burrells goals can do that. But yeah, if it wasn't for that purple.patch, they'd be going tooth and nail with Kelty/Alloa/Montrose etc. Shite. 

I think there's been a few injuries with Fyvie being a big miss but aye, they offered very little other than hoping to catch a slack pass. Once we scored they had absolutely nothing and Hartley had no plan B.

Much like QoTS on Saturday there was never any ambition to try and win the game. I actually think the way Kelty approached the game against us would get a bit more joy. They weren't all out attack but they tried to play a bit and caused us some trouble at the back.

14 minutes ago, Bairns1994 said:

Edit: I’ve nothing against Burrell, but I’m glad he left at the end of last season. Last night showed how ineffective he can be when he’s up against a decent defence. Tom Lang pocketed him all game 

Prior to yesterday they had only lost one of the last 15 games.

I wouldn’t underplay how well our team are playing at the moment….

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Prior to yesterday they had only lost one of the last 15 games.

I wouldn’t underplay how well our team are playing at the moment….

Not underplaying our form at all. Just stating the fact that there’s been teams below them who have challenged us more at home than them. 

Just now, ilostmyself said:

I think there's been a few injuries with Fyvie being a big miss but aye, they offered very little other than hoping to catch a slack pass. Once we scored they had absolutely nothing and Hartley had no plan B.

Much like QoTS on Saturday there was never any ambition to try and win the game. I actually think the way Kelty approached the game against us would get a bit more joy. They weren't all out attack but they tried to play a bit and caused us some trouble at the back.

The obvious tactic was to counter with Burrells pace but as I said on the match thread, he was never going to pick it up and run 30-40 yards and finish. He is a poacher and finisher who in most foot races against L1 defences will prevail but Tom and Coll smothered him and he couldn't get in behind. 

We played better passes into him last night than his own team and last 15-20 mins I thought he was anonymous.

Shout-out to Shanley who I was willing on to get his maiden goal and it would have been deserved. He did a power of work and looks livelier than Jordan Allan ever has. 

8 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Shout-out to Shanley who I was willing on to get his maiden goal and it would have been deserved. He did a power of work and looks livelier than Jordan Allan ever has. 

I thought this too, looks very much the backup striker to MacIver that McGlynn wants. Thought he was unselfish too a couple of times and that led to a goal.

20 minutes ago, Bairns1994 said:

So am I. We should have beaten them at forthbank and I didnt think they deserved the last minute equaliser.

I think it was after that game they went on the winning run.

I don't think they are any better than Kelty.,  Montrose or Alloa either.  I expect some regression to the mean.

Another good win for youse. Looking invincible at home.

29 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

The obvious tactic was to counter with Burrells pace but as I said on the match thread, he was never going to pick it up and run 30-40 yards and finish. He is a poacher and finisher who in most foot races against L1 defences will prevail but Tom and Coll smothered him and he couldn't get in behind. 

We played better passes into him last night than his own team and last 15-20 mins I thought he was anonymous.

I thought Burrell looked decent with the odd scraps he had to feed off but credit to our defence. We just had to make sure he wasn’t allowed to turn which Tam Lang done immensely. Also made sure there was little space for him to run in behind. 

Know they have a few injuries but was surprised at how poor Cove were. That said, our team was flying last night.