The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Didn't Mackin f**k them over?

Asset stripper and a tragedy for the club and the town.

Always had a lot of time and goodwill for old shiry pirie despite one of the best chants from opposition fans having a dig at Falkirk.

'Shiries a great wee team, geez goal geeza goal geeza a goal. If it's firba yer after don't go to Brockville. Shiries a great wee team geeza goal geeza goal geeza goal geeza goal'

Brilliant!

19 minutes ago, superandy_07 said:

From the Daily Record 

Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.20.48.png

Would be brilliant to tie him down again. Would also be hilarious - from the Accies fan forum that promised he’d signed for an an English team, to a contact extension with us in 3 weeks 😂😂

4 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

🆕🎙️EP:66 CHEER UP PAUL HARTLEY

🔵 Review the easy 4-0 win over Cove Rangers with @andygilchrist02 & @bairn1973 🐀
⚪️ Discuss THAT record & the 1-0 win over QOS 👸🏼
🔵 Media whores are at it again 🤦🏼‍♂️
⚪️ Preview Edinburgh City (A) 🏰 &
🔵 All the latest FFC news inc the Junior Bairns Day & Transfer window chat 🗞️

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.ukIMG_7114.thumb.jpeg.e8c392740659f7c3fbe8bbac830073fa.jpeg

The title of this episode was just guaranteed to be this 🤣. Will listen to this in a bit. Keep up the good work guys!

2 hours ago, StuartA said:

I think it’s a gross mischaracterisation to bracket us with the crisis clubs. We have no debt to speak of and since the crazy £1m loss season, our finances are much better managed. That’s not to say we aren’t hand-to-mouth, but we aren’t £10m in the hole like DU, letting our players go like Edinburgh, or perpetually gray like Livi. I don’t think even Motherwell should be mentioned in the same breath. The difference seems to be ownership. Fan run clubs make an honest fist of managing their operations transparently, responsibly, and efficiently. Where it’s a single owner or ownership is more opaque, it’s more complex. 

Exactly. There's a big difference between being in danger of going down the tubes completely to being in danger of being stuck in a league where full time football becomes unsustainable and having to revert to a hybrid or part time setup. We all know that staying longer term in league one would mean big changes to the structure of the club but in the case of other clubs in that list administration is a more likely outcome.

Been a few years in L1  now but it looks like Falkirk are finally ready to leave us for the Championship.Been some decent games with Montrose over the years to be fair but a think this is your boys year very good squad you have at the moment.

13 hours ago, come on shire said:

Scott Honeyman's signed for us until the end of next season. He's a starter every week for us and is influential for any real threat we create to the opposition this season. We have to play him due to how influential he is so when he returns to Falkirk he'll be all the better for it. However as you'll be a Championship club by then he may need a further loan to a club at a higher level. We've also signed former Falkirk player Morgaro Gomis until the end of next season. His experience is exciting. 

It's just the end of this season according to our press release.

6 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Been a few years in L1  now but it looks like Falkirk are finally ready to leave us for the Championship.Been some decent games with Montrose over the years to be fair but a think this is your boys year very good squad you have at the moment.

I for one will be glad to get shot of you guys😂. Always seem to be our toughest opponents no matter how well either side is playing. 

18 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

If I ever win euromillions (which I don't even play) TFS will be getting a La Bombanera style 4th stand.

A 'La Bairnbanera' if you will. 

IMG_1645.jpeg

Lots of space for the RC55 hospitality penthouse suite.

4 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I for one will be glad to get shot of you guys😂. Always seem to be our toughest opponents no matter how well either side is playing. 

Be glad to see the back of last minute goals from you boys too ha ha.We are a decent side to be fair but nowhere near ready for championship football.

1 hour ago, lanky_ffc said:

We get stick for having ideas above our station but I don't know a single Falkirk fan who thinks this. It's mostly a myth that other fans use to have a go at us:

Reveal hidden contents

We are massive though

It’s been done to death (I think I’ve said what I’m about to say before) and it is often very fun/entertaining because there are some who actually get quite wound up by it.  However, folk alway miss the distinction between where we should be and where we deserve to be. We deserve to be in League One, that much is obvious. We’ve had a long spell of being absolutely rancid for years after a litany of terrible decisions and clowns running the club, coming nowhere near really even getting out of the division in that time - it’s only recently we seem to finally, seriously be getting our act together and be on the way back up again. Should be, for me, relates to things such as fan base, infrastructure, facilities, potential for growth, history etc, and is based on the assumption that the club itself is being run properly and to its full potential. On that basis, we should be a club which moves between the Premiership/fighting at the top of the Championship. Putting all the patter aside, none of this should be controversial. 

13 hours ago, Raybowski89 said:

Glad to hear he's getting on well. Didn't realise it was until the end of next season he was with you guys.

Hopefully Gomis can bring some experience to the side and help turn things around. I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say that nobody wants to see the Shire fall any further. 

Have there been any updates on the stadium situation? I read that they were considering moving into Grangemouth's stadium going forward? Still don't quite understand why they left Firs Park in the first place.

I've heard about Grangemouth stadium but I don't know the political ins and outs about the club unfortunately.

My family are all Falkirk supporters. I copied my papa at supporting football so I'm the odd one out...

4 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

We get stick for having ideas above our station but I don't know a single Falkirk fan who thinks this. It's mostly a myth that other fans use to have a go at us:

Hide contents

We are massive though

It's defo a commonly held viewpoint by fans of other clubs. My gaffer is a Partick Thistle supporter and he's always saying that Falkirk think they're a bigger club than they are. We have a fanbase that's far beyond any club at our current level, that's for sure, and would be within the top 4 teams in the championship in terms of support.

People will say that Livi are a Premiership side and they have no fans at all, but Livi are an anomaly. I have T-shirts that are older than them. At Ross County, the whole town of Dingwall only has a population of 4,000 I think it is? The fact that they still average around 2,000 attendance is crazy when you consider that that's 50% of the entire town turning up on matchdays.

I was saying the other day that the dream is to get back to the premiership, and hopefully one day build that fourth stand. Is that having ideas above our station?

(We are massive)

Edited by Raybowski89