The Falkirk FC Thread

6 hours ago, Big chungus said:

Shanley cup tied for the bonnyrigg rose game as well. Would likely be Oliver or Allan that will start up front in that game then.

Would happily see McGlynn mix it up a little vs Bonnyrigg given MacIver and Shanley missing out. By mixing up I mean two up top, Allan alongside Oliver or Alfie?

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I’d imagine Shanley will come in for MacIver, although knowing McGlynn, I wouldn’t actually rule out him picking Oliver either. Bisland in for Yeats if he’s needing a rest. The rest I’d keep as it is, barring any injuries we don’t know about it.

If he’s absolutely determined to rotate the squad, use the Bonnyrigg game. I appreciate the financial benefits cup progression can bring, but a) a more heavily rotated starting 11 should have enough to get past Bonnyrigg, given the strength of our bench, and b) if not, then while obviously disappointing… we move on. More than any other season, this year is all about the league. 

Start with your best 11 and get the game won, then sub at will. Rather than throwing on subs with 30 minutes to go and the possibility of injuries, booking, sending off's as the team chase a result with the clock ticking down.

It's the sensible call

1 hour ago, GunnerBairn said:

Obviously I’m still talking in fantasyland terms, but if it’s mathematically secured and we’re still unbeaten, the players would use that as a motivation tool until the end of season. The title of ‘Invincibles’ would be Bairns legend. Or perhaps it’s more cloud cuckooland.

Would be a fantastic situation to be in, that's for sure. In the meantime, I'm just hoping that the increased media attention, praise etc doesn't start having a negative affect on the players. Edinburgh tomorrow is making me nervy because we can't just think the game is won by turning up.

Minimal changes needed by the sound of it with just McIvor missing. I hope we don't make too many other changes just to freshen things up. Keep the changes for the Bonnyrigg game. 

Edited by Bairn in Exile

39 minutes ago, AndrewFFC said:

Other than when he tried to claim that Falkirk and stenny are like Celtic and rangers

Found that odd as well, I’ve never really looked at Steny as a rival. Certainly feel no malice towards the club, the two clubs have always operated at different levels and have never really been in the same leagues for any length of time (can’t actually ever remember us being in the same division) for the fixture to form as a “derby” type game in the same way the Dunfermline games feel. In fact, I don’t have a second team as such but if I did I’d go as far to say it might even be Stenhousemuir, certainly don’t view them on the premise there is some kind of manufactured rivalry there. Before they disappeared down the pyramid I’d have presumed Stenhousemuirs natural derby type game would have been against the Shire with the two clubs mostly operating at the same level up to that point? 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

11 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Found that odd as well, I’ve never really looked at Steny as a rival. Certainly feel no malice towards the club, the two teams have never really been in the same leagues for any length of time for the fixture to form as a “derby” type game in the same way the Dunfermline games feel. In fact, I don’t have a second team as such but if I did I’d go as far to say it might even be Stenhousemuir, certainly don’t view them on the premise there is some kind of manufactured rivalry there. Before they disappeared down the pyramid I’d have presumed stenhousemuirs natural derby type game would have been against the Shire with the two clubs mostly operating at the same level? 

I didn’t used to feel any malice towards Stenny and normally wanted them to do well. I lived in Larbert for a wee while and took in a couple of their games when I couldn’t make it to Falkirk games. That was until I saw the level of hatred their fans display towards us, they hate us. I was in the Wee Bar once  in the Main Stand at Ochilview and the place is wall to wall with pennants of every club you can think of apart from us, I asked why to be told “ there is no way they would have that shite on their wall”, they can f**k off right down to the juniors for all I care.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I didn’t used to feel any malice towards Stenny and normally wanted them to do well. I lived in Larbert for a wee while and took in a couple of their games when I couldn’t make it to Falkirk games. That was until I saw the level of hatred their fans display towards us, they hate us. I was in the Wee Bar once  in the Main Stand at Ochilview and the place is wall to wall with pennants of every club you can think of apart from us, I asked why to be told “ there is no way they would have that shite on their wall”, they can f**k off right down to the juniors for all I care.

Quite disappointing that, most Falkirk fans I know either don’t care one way or the other or in fact actually would support Steny as a 2nd team. Wonder why the hatred toward Falkirk? Maybe Mr Telfer could enlighten us?…..

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 minute ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Quite disappointing that, most Falkirk fans I know either don’t care one way or the other or in fact actually would support Steny as a 2nd team. Wonder why the hatred toward Falkirk? Maybe Mr Telfer could enlighten us?…..

I worked with a couple of them and their gripe was they felt FDC gave Falkirk everything and gave them heehaw.

3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I worked with a couple of them and their gripe was they felt FDC gave Falkirk everything and gave them heehaw.

Falkirk council?!…Well that quite obviously could not be further from the truth! 🤦‍♂️ 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Just now, LatapyBairn. said:

Well that quite obviously could not be further from the truth! 🤦‍♂️ 

Exactly, if anything I think FDC have done well out of us and a successful Falkirk playing in a higher league would bring revenue into the area.

30 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

We gave them our terracing roof and a big fat cheque to ground share for an awful season. 

1 minute ago, StuartA said:

We gave them our terracing roof and a big fat cheque to ground share for an awful season. 

Yeah and they didn’t erect it until we left and let us get soaked on that terracing every bloody week 😩