The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Wee tune for 17th Feb

Dylan Tait is magic, he wears a magic hat

and when he saw the Falkirk crowd he said I’m having that

He was at Hamilton Accies but left them cos they’re shite

He came to Falkirk Bairns cos we’re Fucking dynamite.

I don’t contribute on here so have the cheek to complain about content but the irony appears to be that anyone complaining about other discussions, have also added to recent conversations about things other than the first squad. Afraid to say that this does epitomise that notion but please note, I’m not saying anything against the post. 

The most mundane issue to the thread, of recent days, is trying to dictate what people can and can’t discuss(to which I’m currently adding to). I can understand the football purists wanting to discuss nothing but football but if, like me, you add little to the thread or engage in other topics not related to the first team squad then does feel hypocritical to scorn others who do. 

Like others, I’m fully behind all types of topics regarding Falkirk and think that is a fantastic chant which in another thread may have been lost to me, likewise with some of the recent banter regarding Anthony Stokes or others. 

Anyway, just adding in my twa pennies worth. 

Keep the topics wide and varied, as far as I’m concerned and remember there are also match threads to read or discuss recent matches. 

Keep the chants coming. 

COYB

10 minutes ago, Just-in said:

I don’t contribute on here so have the cheek to complain about content but the irony appears to be that anyone complaining about other discussions, have also added to recent conversations about things other than the first squad. Afraid to say that this does epitomise that notion but please note, I’m not saying anything against the post. 

The most mundane issue to the thread, of recent days, is trying to dictate what people can and can’t discuss(to which I’m currently adding to). I can understand the football purists wanting to discuss nothing but football but if, like me, you add little to the thread or engage in other topics not related to the first team squad then does feel hypocritical to scorn others who do. 

Like others, I’m fully behind all types of topics regarding Falkirk and think that is a fantastic chant which in another thread may have been lost to me, likewise with some of the recent banter regarding Anthony Stokes or others. 

Anyway, just adding in my twa pennies worth. 

Keep the topics wide and varied, as far as I’m concerned and remember there are also match threads to read or discuss recent matches. 

Keep the chants coming. 

COYB

Absolutely reeking of chatGPT

45 minutes ago, AGPar said:

For as enjoyable as this season has been, let's not lose sight of the fact that a lot of what we are facing on a week-to-week basis is, frankly, dross. Very poor standard. Airdrie would be a step up from that. A big step. 

Admittedly I only see the highlights but from what I have seen the quality of opposition in League One has dropped quite a bit. I thought in the recent match v Stirling Albion they looked like possibly the worst team I'd ever seen defensively, yet they get a big win last weekend.   

I have to temper this with the fact I only see the FFC games and we have been very good in this league this season - therefore can make the opposition look pish,.But from what I see half of this league we are in is pretty dung, best get out of it then.

1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I expect the powers that be will be looking at East End Park for a Falkirk v Raith final rather than Easter Rd or Tynecastle unfortunately. 

I wonder if the two clubs involved in the Final would also have a say. If it was Falkirk v Raith, surely both clubs from a business sense would mutually opt for a stadium like Tynecastle to boost tickets sales, create a good atmosphere, and good PR for the competition.

Edited by GunnerBairn

9 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

I wonder if the two clubs involved in the Final would also have a say. If it was Falkirk v Raith, surely both clubs from a business sense would mutually opt for a stadium like Tynecastle to boost tickets sales, create a good atmosphere, and good PR for the competition.

I’m guessing Hearts will charge considerably more for the use of tynecastle than Dunfermline (or whoever owns it now) will for the use of east end park which would probably be big enough to facilitate the expected crowd numbers anyway. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

36 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I’m guessing Hearts will charge considerably more for the use of tynecastle than Dunfermline (or whoever owns it now) will for the use of east end park which would probably be big enough to facilitate the expected crowd numbers anyway. 

I'm not sure if it still is the case, but I asked the question yeaaars back about renting out the stadium for challenge Cup finals and the board at the time didn't see it as being that great financially, I'm not sure if that's dictated by the size of the crowd, or whether they were looking at it with regards to more pitch maintenance? Was there anything from your board about how much you got for it last season? 

Edit - I'd expect it to be at Livingston tbh, they've had previous finals there, plastic pitch, location wise there's probably not a great deal in it for Falkirk? Wee bit more travel from Raith and the police won't be having palpations. 

Edited by HoBNob

7 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Wee tune for 17th Feb

Dylan Tait is magic, he wears a magic hat

and when he saw the Falkirk crowd he said I’m having that

He was at Hamilton Accies but left them cos they’re shite

He came to Falkirk Bairns cos we’re Fucking dynamite.

Absolutely brilliant 👏 

5 hours ago, AGPar said:

We absolutely wouldn't. I mean, it would not be anything approaching the apocalypse of last May, but they are a very, very decent football team - particular emphasis on the word team. What McCabe has done at Airdrie, on pretty minimal resources, is highly impressive. They lost Smith to Raith Rovers, brought in Todorov, and in terms of experienced players, that's about it in terms of changes, it's largely the same team as last season. But good use of the loan market - Hancock, Megwa - and they are more than holding their own in the Championship. Raith haven't been able to lay a glove on them, they disposed of St Johnstone in the SC with minimal fuss and I fancy them to give Hearts a hell of a game next week, by far the most interesting tie of the round. An Airdrie win would not be a massive shock.

For as enjoyable as this season has been, let's not lose sight of the fact that a lot of what we are facing on a week-to-week basis is, frankly, dross. Very poor standard. Airdrie would be a step up from that. A big step. 

You take absolutely no account of our progression. Just look at below, think about our record v Championship teams this season and how much our side has changed. Look at this below and tell me we have not moved on at a rapid rate. We have been playing against a “very poor standard” for nearly 5 years. I would fancy us against Airdrie any day of the week now. 

IMG_7382.jpeg

IMG_7383.jpeg

IMG_7384.jpeg

Edited by BPM Again

Talking about a possible Falkirk v Raith final at Tyncastle, I have the 1957 Scottish cup semi-final programme between Falkirk and Raith at Tyncastle.  I have the final programe as well of course.  I think the semi programme is rarer.

I really wouldn't want to presume that we're already in the final and planning for where it might be.

Let's get there first then worry about the choice of venue!

Edited by Blame Me
Grammar

8 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

I really wouldn't want to presume that we're already in the final and planning for where it might be.

Let's get their first then worry about the choice of venue!

The betting has us just above evens, 5/2 the draw and 2/1 TNS. That tells me they see it difficult to call 

10 hours ago, GunnerBairn said:

Aye. If it's more expensive to rent out then simply charge more for the tickets. It'll be a sell out surely.

6 hours ago, BPM Again said:

You take absolutely no account of our progression. Just look at below, think about our record v Championship teams this season and how much our side has changed. Look at this below and tell me we have not moved on at a rapid rate. We have been playing against a “very poor standard” for nearly 5 years. I would fancy us against Airdrie any day of the week now. 

IMG_7382.jpeg

IMG_7383.jpeg

IMG_7384.jpeg

These tables certainly don't lie.  The club is now progressing in a positive direction under the stewardship of those now involved.  When up to 2 years ago the club was on a downward spiral at risk of being relegated to league 2!

9 hours ago, kiddy said:

Can only imagine the heads gone seethe at a Bairns/Rovers final at EE. It would be complete Carnegie….oops, I mean carnage! 😂🤣😂

I have a few pals who are Dunfermline fans (i knew them before I learned who they support) and they have said that their board would tell the Spfl/sfa to gtf even if the money was good the damage would be to much 

it would be fun to win a trophy on their patch but the damage bill for the seats, snw, graffiti the clubs (us, raith and Dunfermline) don’t want that as profits wouldn’t be as high as it would be if it was at say easter road, Tynecastle or livi 

15 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Looks like two very even semi finals according to the bookies. Ours being the tightest of the two. Thoughts?

IMG_9016.png

It's been a couple of years since I saw TNS but thoughts are the current Falkirk side, playing as it can, will beat them, especially with home advantage. TFS is worth a goal of a start. If McGlynn decides to use it as a squad tinkering game you'll lose though.

Raith should beat Airdrie but their current form isn't great.