The Falkirk FC Thread

I think McGlynn is doing a great job this season, I’m  not going to flap over the two recent cup defeats as I think we will still win the league.

I also think with a decent transfer window we would have enough to compete in the Championship, but I won’t make wild claims about getting promoted right away. 

We missed chances last night as we did in the Bonnyrigg game, which could have made things a bit different. 

A couple of cup defeats should not derail the good feeling around the club at the moment as it has all been about fine margins.

Just now, BPM said:

But Lang should just launch it and regroup 

I said this at the start of the season after the Dundee Utd loss. There are times for passing about the back and there are times when it should be launched. The modern way is there is something wrong with just getting the ball blootered when required and it shouldn’t be like that.

1 minute ago, BPM said:

But Lang should just launch it and regroup 

I agree.

Like everyone else on here, I'm a massive fan of Lang - he's been terrific, however, that's a few times this season he's passed across his own goal mouth (Dundee United and Cove spring to mind) or lost it needlessly in his own box (TNS). I guess it's a price we may have to pay now and again when the team is being coached to (rightly) play football out from the back. It's worked more often than not this season thankfully. A bit like goalkeepers, if defenders make mistakes it can often result in goals, no one is going to go through the season without a mistake in them, at least Lang has contributed far far more than he's made mistakes, he's been a bit unlucky a couple of these mistakes have cost us in two cup games.

11 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I think McGlynn is doing a great job this season, I’m  not going to flap over the two recent cup defeats as I think we will still win the league.

I also think with a decent transfer window we would have enough to compete in the Championship, but I won’t make wild claims about getting promoted right away. 

We missed chances last night as we did in the Bonnyrigg game, which could have made things a bit different. 

A couple of cup defeats should not derail the good feeling around the club at the moment as it has all been about fine margins.

Last night we were beaten by a team who once they went 1-0 up were tactically very good. We didn’t have a clue how to break them down.

They also looked a lot fitter than the majority of teams we’ve played this season.

Our 2 cup defeats have been disappointing, albeit imo deserved to lose both games. No arguments with Bonnyrigg using the pitch to their advantage and TNS being better tactically. 

The league is the priority so we move on.

1 minute ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I agree.

Like everyone else on here, I'm a massive fan of Lang - he's been terrific, however, that's a few times this season he's passed across his own goal mouth (Dundee United and Cove spring to mind) or lost it needlessly in his own box (TNS). I guess it's a price we may have to pay now and again when the team is being coached to (rightly) play football out from the back. It's worked more often than not this season thankfully. A bit like goalkeepers, if defenders make mistakes it can often result in goals, no one is going to go through the season without a mistake in them, at least Lang has contributed far far more than he's made mistakes, he's been a bit unlucky a couple of these mistakes have cost us in two cup games.

Lang has been outstanding since arriving. But would like to see him launching a few balls now and again, especially when it’s obvious we’re being high/tight pressed. Tbh apart from a couple of scary situations, thought he and Donaldson strolled the game. Uncharacteristically apart from Nesbitt (who was our best player) we simply had too many turning in performances well short of expectations. Credit to opposition they simply doubled up so quickly to cancel out Miller & Morrison when in possession. 

Just watched the highlights back and we really were a bit more unfortunate than I thought at first sight, they took pretty much the only (fortunate) chance they had and we had many and didn't. Thought McGlynns interview in terms of summation of the game was spot on again too. It's good we have a bounce game on Friday.

No more distractions now, with cups, transfer windows, hopefully weather behaves itself and we have 14 games between us and finally getting out of this league.

Looking forward to the Hamilton game should be a great atmosphere. More pressure on Hamilton than us, they really need to win.

11 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

How was their keeper busier? We had 2 shots on target whole game and one of those was a powder puff header…..

He had at least three from memory in the first half, two from Morrison one of which was with his legs immediately after they scored. Lang has his weak headed second half but also had another which granted wasn’t on target but really should have been. Nicky had nothing out with his double save that still led to a goal. 

48 minutes ago, Dave Mc said:

Looks like it. Seen those videos I shared. Idiots just letting the club down. 

Said this a few months ago. This Ultras thing is dangerous and will end in tears when we get into the higher leagues with bigger fanbases.

We want the atmosphere and the passion which has been brilliant but I fear that can't be had without the fanny element that think they're extras in a Danny Dyer film.

I don't see self policing work and it's likely we end up in some Green Brigade nonsense where the fans in that section and the club end up in open warfare with bans being handed out regularly.

It's a real shame as the upsides are huge from that type of support.

10 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Said this a few months ago. This Ultras thing is dangerous and will end in tears when we get into the higher leagues with bigger fanbases.

We want the atmosphere and the passion which has been brilliant but I fear that can't be had without the fanny element that think they're extras in a Danny Dyer film.

I don't see self policing work and it's likely we end up in some Green Brigade nonsense where the fans in that section and the club end up in open warfare with bans being handed out regularly.

Did anyone honestly think we were going to be able to manage a large group of drink fuelled teenagers without any trouble ? 

We’ve had the FBI, Fear and The Yoof and this is essentially the next wave of that albeit without the fashion element.

4 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Bah humbug. There has hardly been an issue all season. Hopefully the club get to the root of what happened and we don’t get a repeat. 

Just watched the highlights and like bridge of allan Bairn says above we were unluckier than I remembered. Morrison, Henderson and Lang all had decent chances which on another day we might have taken.

Its all could have, should have, would have though. We regroup and focus on Hamilton now.

Cup result.

Negative.

Out the cup and the drop in revenue it could have brought in

Positive

Reality check that we are maybe not as good as we think we are, therefore a bounce for the next game to prove a point.

Concentrate of the league with no distractions of other competitions 

11 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

We comfortably dispatched of TNS in pre season so complete minter for Falkirk tonight tbh.

Dropping points to Edinburgh City's B team and out the Scottish to Bonnyrigg. Now this embarassment. Be interesting to see how you react to your first league defeat on the 17th - Would be a huge riddy to bottle the league now after your tweet last week.

I am absolutely shiting it from the Douglas Park juggernaut. 8 points and 12 goals behind. Back in your box 

I blame anyone who actively encouraged calling them Ultras. if you've been to any away game you'll notice some pulling on balaclavas whilst still in the ground. Edinburgh away a classic example. It's not just our lot, the Accies fans dod exactly the same after we beat them at NDP. And the police seem to be ignoring ir

1 hour ago, Dave Mc said:

Looks like it. Seen those videos I shared. Idiots just letting the club down. 

Just don't know what goes through these laddies heads.

They are an embarrassment to themselves and the club.

Whoever the perpetrators turn out to be - "ultras" or not - they're not welcome in our support.

3 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Cup result.

Negative.

Out the cup and the drop in revenue it could have brought in

Positive

Reality check that we are maybe not as good as we think we are, therefore a bounce for the next game to prove a point.

Concentrate of the league with no distractions of other competitions 

It is all relative though. We are more than good enough to beat the teams in this league. 22 games unbeaten proves that. Nothing to do with attitude for me. 

Just now, ChrispPancake said:

I blame anyone who actively encouraged calling them Ultras. if you've been to any away game you'll notice some pulling on balaclavas whilst still in the ground. Edinburgh away a classic example. It's not just our lot, the Accies fans dod exactly the same after we beat them at NDP. And the police seem to be ignoring ir

The problem now is clubs don’t pay for policing. Police only attend grounds if there are incidents outside like last night. Policing is very expensive and the majority of clubs prefer the steward option as it’s a whole lot cheaper.