The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Accies win the toss on Saturday and have us shooting into the South Stand first half. Rankin is another ex player who will know how much this means to us as fans as will be looking to exploit any advantage he can. It will make no difference to them as they wont have fans in the North Stand, so as well making it awkward for us. Hopefully Coll will win the toss.

Yes, it's what happened in our first game against them at TFS. If it does come to pass our players are professionals and just need to treat it as another obstacle to overcome.

Mind you, wouldn't it be sweet if our fans in KM7 were allowed to change ends at half time as a right GIRFUY!

Yes, won't be allowed for some H&S reason but us being able to move South Stand fans along the East touchline to the North Stand if they win the toss and change would be great. We've discussed this before though and it unfortunately wont happen.

I definitely would want to make it tough for away teams at TFS, like a cauldron, so like I was saying in the match thread its a shame we cant fill the North stand on Saturday with FREE local schools, societies etc who wouldn't normally attend.

Also a big fan of the multi ball quick return into play for ball boys, we don't want any team wasting time if they get in front at TFS between now and the end of the season, lets ramp the pressure up and leverage all angles where possible.

30 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Accies win the toss on Saturday and have us shooting into the South Stand first half. Rankin is another ex player who will know how much this means to us as fans as will be looking to exploit any advantage he can. It will make no difference to them as they wont have fans in the North Stand, so as well making it awkward for us. Hopefully Coll will win the toss.

Few teams have done that this season including Hamilton in the first game. Just need to get the game out of way in the first half if that’s the case.

48 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Few teams have done that this season including Hamilton in the first game. Just need to get the game out of way in the first half if that’s the case.

Yep you're right, its definitely been an upward trend this season, possibly something to do with our form, or the Ultras making a difference, or a combination of both. I don't enjoy the game as much knowing we are shooting into the North Stand second half (probably because I can't see it as well!), and we can't celebrate the goals as much with the players up that end.

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

6 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Yes, won't be allowed for some H&S reason but us being able to move South Stand fans along the East touchline to the North Stand if they win the toss and change would be great. We've discussed this before though and it unfortunately wont happen.

I definitely would want to make it tough for away teams at TFS, like a cauldron, so like I was saying in the match thread its a shame we cant fill the North stand on Saturday with FREE local schools, societies etc who wouldn't normally attend.

Also a big fan of the multi ball quick return into play for ball boys, we don't want any team wasting time if they get in front at TFS between now and the end of the season, lets ramp the pressure up and leverage all angles where possible.

I raised the possibility of us changing ends a few years ago with Craig Campbell. He thought it was a good idea but that the H&S guys had a fit when he approached them with the idea. Can't happen on Saturday anyway, particularly after the trouble at their place, because their fans will be in there.

Just now, ShaggerG said:

I raised the possibility of us changing ends a few years ago with Craig Campbell. He thought it was a good idea but that the H&S guys had a fit when he approached them with the idea. Can't happen on Saturday anyway, particularly after the trouble at their place, because their fans will be in there.

I can understand the logistics of moving 2,000 people in ten minutes at half time along a touch line would be tricky or unworkable, hence I think in crucial games like this we should try and fill the North Stand with fans who otherwise wouldn't come along as an alternative to create atmosphere and pressure (and future fans)

11 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Hmm. If moving the fans is impractical, how about we put the stadium on wheels and turn it around 180 degrees when arsehole teams try this stunt? 

That might be a bit expensive to deliver.

However, in all honesty is there not an argument for opening half of the North Stand to Falkirk supporters for games like this one where the KM7 is going to sell out?

Edited by roman_bairn

7 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I can understand the logistics of moving 2,000 people in ten minutes at half time along a touch line would be tricky or unworkable, hence I think in crucial games like this we should try and fill the North Stand with fans who otherwise wouldn't come along as an alternative to create atmosphere and pressure (and future fans)

We used to change ends at half time at Brockville over a rickety wee bridge in 15 minutes, no H&S, no problem. 😋

Edited by Bairn in Exile

2 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I don't think we'd be looking at the full capacity moving, auld guys like me may want to stay put, so possibly more like 1000 or so. As long as those that want to move know that they need to do it as soon as the half time whistle blows, I think it could be done fairly easily.

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

That might be a bit expensive to deliver.

However, in all honesty is there not an argument for opening half of the South Stand to Falkirk supporters for games like this one where the KM7 is going to sell out?

I agree, nothing wrong with this idea, however, for games where the opposition bring any more than two or three hundred, I don't see it happening due to segregation issues. That would mean it would be a non-starter if we go up and would be on Saturday because of the trouble previously.

I'm sure home fans can walk all the way round the concourse at Tynecastle and access all stands.

No reason why this couldn't be brought in at TFS to get between the south and north via the east side. H&S is an important factor that would have to be considered and probably some additional measures introduced but nothing that would be a deal-breaker

22 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I don't think we'd be looking at the full capacity moving, auld guys like me may want to stay put, so possibly more like 1000 or so. As long as those that want to move know that they need to do it as soon as the half time whistle blows, I think it could be done fairly easily.

I agree, nothing wrong with this idea, however, for games where the opposition bring any more than two or three hundred, I don't see it happening due to segregation issues. That would mean it would be a non-starter if we go up and would be on Saturday because of the trouble previously.

I might be wrong here but pretty sure we did that when on the old Scottish Premier League.

It’s pretty much segregated already as you can close the doors half way along the concourse to avoid mixing of supporters and there are separate turnstiles at each end of the North Stand that can be used….

Edited by roman_bairn

5 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I'm sure home fans can walk all the way round the concourse at Tynecastle and access all stands.

No reason why this couldn't be brought in at TFS to get between the south and north via the east side. H&S is an important factor that would have to be considered and probably some additional measures introduced but nothing that would be a deal-breaker

That is true

Im on the St Johnstone media team and at every game we play at Tynecastle someone in out Tartan Army group who has a seat in the stand behind the goals is able to walk to the main stand and we have a chat at half time.

15 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I walk round the East side on a regular basis, as will players going from the community changing rooms to the community pitch. The ground is walkable but it's not completely flat and isn't paved. My guess is that if some old biddy tripped and injured themselves it could be argued that the club hadn't taken all reasonable steps to ensure their safety. ("Reasonable" being a paved surface.) 

The other thing is there are no fences on the East side, so people could encroach on the pitch. The only way to prevent that would be to hire an additional set of stewards to stand along the edge which would increase costs to the club. Even if you put a fence up I assume the area would still have to be stewarded. 

All this chat of who sits where in the stands got me thinking...if we had all 4 stands built and in place which stand would you prefer to sit in if you could sit in any one of the 4?

My personal preference would be the new East Stand. I like to watch football from the side of the pitch (like I do on TV), it would get more sunlight (warmth!) than the main stand, its nearest where I arrive (from Stirling) and wouldn't be too far from the away fans (I like to be close'ish to away fans).

IF we get promoted I'm guessing the strategy with home and away fans won't change for any games? ie it'll be away fans in the North and home in the South and Main?

7 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I walk round the East side on a regular basis, as will players going from the community changing rooms to the community pitch. The ground is walkable but it's not completely flat and isn't paved. My guess is that if some old biddy tripped and injured themselves it could be argued that the club hadn't taken all reasonable steps to ensure their safety. ("Reasonable" being a paved surface.) 

The other thing is there are no fences on the East side, so people could encroach on the pitch. The only way to prevent that would be to hire an additional set of stewards to stand along the edge which would increase costs to the club. Even if you put a fence up I assume the area would still have to be stewarded. 

Let us say that 50% of the fans in the KM7 decide to walk over to the north stand, could 50% of the stewards from the KM7 not be syphoned off to manage the transfer of the fans? Seems a bit extreme to hire an additional set of stewards for the whole game when they are only going to be needed for 15 minutes tops.

The solutions to all this chat about changing ends at half time is to have some sort of small /temp stand to the east of the pitch where we can house the away fans which would then allow us to sell tickets for both the North and South stand to the home fans. I suppose the only issue for this solution would be toilets and food for the away supporters.