The Falkirk FC Thread

33 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Same for me.  Was that the game Alan Kernaghan played in for us?  Absolute Bombscare.

A lot of folk forget that in that promotion season we signed Alan Kernaghan, went to a flat back five for a lot of games with any from Hughes, James, Sharp, Campbell and Kernaghan, and played utter drab hoofball.

We won 18 games in the league before he signed and only 7 after that transfer window closed, with a lot of absolutely turgid draws. Lost the last three games of the season as well.

Edited by Gaz

28 minutes ago, Gaz said:

A lot of folk forget that in that promotion season we signed Alan Kernaghan, went to a flat back five for a lot of games with any from Hughes, James, Sharp, Campbell and Kernaghan, and played utter drab hoofball.

We won 18 games in the league before he signed and only 7 after that transfer window closed, with a lot of absolutely turgid draws. Lost the last three games of the season as well.

Sharp only played a couple of games didn't he? We had Lawrie, Macpherson and Mackenzie there too who could play in a back 3 or 5.

I think Yogi basically thought we had the league won by the end of January (correctly) so then just concentrated on keeping things tight and freewheeling to the end. Exciting it was not, after an unbelievable first half of the season.

Re the switching ends if they win the toss.... Shooting south in the 2nd 45 hasn't really been a big deal since a really bizarre second to last season for Houstie where we somehow got into a habit of being absolute dugshite for the first half of every game. 

It hasn't worked for anyone this season despite more teams than at any point in this league trying it. It doesn't work because we are a strong attacking side with a good mentality and good players. 

There's also louder than ever backing whichever way we shoot. 

It's now a complete non issue for me and if it happens and serves to get the crowd and players even a few more % up for it in the first 45 then so be it. 

Sat in the North Stand a few times but the most recent was the Paul Hartley 17/18 season against Dumbarton as part of the Foundation free ticket initiative. We hit both posts and bar and I'm sure it finished 0-0. Andrew Nelson hit the bar from just inside the opposition half. 

On another note, I've watched the newest episode of Open Goal with Lee Miller as a guest. He's non committal about Gary Holt but I don't think he has any time for him and seems to be happy not to be involved in football. 

Edited by FK1Bairn
Remembered who we played!

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

It's now a complete non issue for me and if it happens and serves to get the crowd and players even a few more % up for it in the first 45 then so be it. 

There is nothing better than being right behind the goal for a 90th minute winner though. Can't stand it when that's taken away from me. 

5 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

There is nothing better than being right behind the goal for a 90th minute winner though. Can't stand it when that's taken away from me. 

There is. 4 0 up at half time, Hamilton fans up the road, perty

8 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Hmm. If moving the fans is impractical, how about we put the stadium on wheels and turn it around 180 degrees when arsehole teams try this stunt? 

A turntable pitch to go along with our retractable roof? I like that.

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Morrison v Montrose unforgettable 

A rare one in that the goal itself looks even better on the highlights. At the match I thought it was closer, albeit I knew it was an absolute fucker

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Re the switching ends if they win the toss.... Shooting south in the 2nd 45 hasn't really been a big deal since a really bizarre second to last season for Houstie where we somehow got into a habit of being absolute dugshite for the first half of every game. 

It hasn't worked for anyone this season despite more teams than at any point in this league trying it. It doesn't work because we are a strong attacking side with a good mentality and good players. 

There's also louder than ever backing whichever way we shoot. 

Aye, I'm pretty sure every team that's made us switch ends this season has just had a first half roasting. We start games fast this season so we'd probably see more goals up close if every team did it. 

OUT NOW👇🏼

🆕🎙️EP:71 BUZZING LIKE AN AULD FRIDGE

🔵  Preview the HUGE match with Hamilton Accies (H)….we failed to persuade an away fan so it’s Only Bairns on this occasion 😉
⚪️ Preview Montrose (H) with Mo’ fan @markrae 🐑
🔵 Falkirk Supporters Society Monthly draw 🎟️

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_7683.thumb.jpeg.2212dc49b5bca00d4f896dffcddd2e95.jpeg