The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Fan of a club that's running at a sustainable level at the required standard. Might even be accused of punching above its weight sometimes. 

The stadium is a toilet though

6 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

See I don't know how to interpret that article, Is Mccann saying he's waiting until the season's done before deciding what he wants or is he saying I'm not bothered I haven't been given an extension as we have a title to win?

Would love him to get an extension but I've got the feeling McGlynn will be looking for a taller replacement.

I'm not convinced McGlynn has ever been 100% on McCann. Given Mackie was supposed to be his left back and banged the drum long  about him being xyz. Reality being McCann has fought his corner and will be a better left back than Mackie ever will as the day is long. Whether that gets McCann a new deal or not he's one I'd be sad to see go. I don't think he's done much wrong not to merit a new contract. 

16 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I'm not convinced McGlynn has ever been 100% on McCann. Given Mackie was supposed to be his left back and banged the drum long  about him being xyz. Reality being McCann has fought his corner and will be a better left back than Mackie ever will as the day is long. Whether that gets McCann a new deal or not he's one I'd be sad to see go. I don't think he's done much wrong not to merit a new contract. 

He will have been offered a contract extension IMO, whether he chooses to sign it is another matter. 

33 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

The Mackie/McCann thing is a red herring. He might have signed Mackie to replace McCann, but McCann kept his place. McGlynn saw that and he’s been a near ever-present. Given that managers are often criticized for having “favourites” then I think that reflects well. 

Mackie was definitely a McGlynn favourite tbf, along with McGinn and Oliver. Him getting injured and McCann coming in and confirming himself as the #baller he is has had a really positive impact on how our season has gone, likewise Henderson for McGinn. Hope McCann signs a new contract regardless of which division we are in next season 

7 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Looking forward to what the ultras come up with! 

FB_IMG_1708034304972.jpg

Hope everyone gets there early and does what’s been asked, a lot of time and effort will have gone into this and they deserve us all to participate.

1 minute ago, Roboccop said:

It appears to be a banner that can be moved around within the Tifo. 

google was my friend. 

Doesn't entirely explain why I can't shake it but cheers!

5 hours ago, Springfield said:

With contracts already handed out, McCanns situation like another half dozen, may depend on how shroud/clever McGlynn is already sounding/speaking to other players that he wants to bring in. Should we get top spot, expecting to see a few players released that may surprise a few. For me I like McCann, but as said if we go up it’s another level for the players. 

One of the best players in a team that's well clear at the top of L1 should be good enough a league up IMO.

15 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

One of the best players in a team that's well clear at the top of L1 should be good enough a league up IMO.

McGlynn to his credit did say that McCann has earned the shirt this season after bringing in his replacement. When we’re on the front foot his attacking and width is really good, His crosses are good and has a finish. The games in which he finds difficult is when teams press higher and more direct, on the very limited games so far, when the opposition play it overhead or direct, he’s not as comfortable. 

Saturday is a chance to put out of sight, getting out of this graveyard of a league and end five years of being in it due to previous decisions by former board members and employees.

It will be a relief more than anything.

1 hour ago, MSG GTF! said:

At 25:18 he drops his guts.

Oh, God bless you. I listened to the interview and didn’t notice at first then scrolled back and heard it.

I’ve now woken the entire family by laughing so hard I shit myself.  Identify yourself to me so I can buy you a pint.