The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, BPM said:

Really chuffed for Ross McIver. I remember getting slaughtered by a good few when I said it was a good signing as I felt he was just about Alloa’s best player. He would have been well aware how sceptical our support was.  He has taken some real physical punishment this season, no more than yesterday, and has stood up to it superbly well. Yesterday was his best game in a Navy Blue jersey. Well done lad 

He’s certainly made a few eat humble pie. The folk moaning and bitching at the start of the season before a ball was even kicked about his signing, Yates being our first choice right back, McGlynn being kept on, Nesbit getting a new deal ect ect have been made to look pretty stupid now. 

27 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

He’s certainly made a few eat humble pie. The folk moaning and bitching at the start of the season before a ball was even kicked about his signing, Yates being our first choice right back, McGlynn being kept on, Nesbit getting a new deal ect ect have been made to look pretty stupid now. 

And you are still getting red dotted. 

6 minutes ago, Springfield said:

McIver & Yeats have significantly improved beyond expectations. Still think handing Nesbitt a further straight two years, should have been a year with optional second. No argument with McGlynn I,ll eat that part of the pie. 

McIver hasn’t improved significantly. He is playing with better players. He was always a good player 

Nesbitt has been exceptional this season, his constant movement and pressure is pivotal to how we play but yesterday for me was exactly why many have had doubts about him.

Two or three chances in the second half to put the game to bed and he fluffed them. 

Just now, FFC 1876 said:

Nesbitt has been exceptional this season, his constant movement and pressure is pivotal to how we play but yesterday for me was exactly why many have had doubts about him.

Two or three chances in the second half to put the game to bed and he fluffed them. 

There was also a 50-50 that he totally shat out of. Definitely not one of his better performances but no doubting how important he's been this season.

I said before yesterday I would play Tait in front of Henderson. The big man was good yesterday but when Tait came on we got control of the game back. I hope we can get get Tait from Hibs for next season. 

On 25/05/2023 at 14:06, Rugster said:

Kept a vague eye in his career as hes the nephew of a friend of my wife and I like this signing. 

Dear departed Duncan Freemason whatever happened to him? Almost had an anyeurism when we signed Ross. 

7 minutes ago, BPM said:

And you are still getting red dotted. 

You would have criticised the signing of Maciver under previous regimes.

He had a very average record prior to joining us but has done well in the system McGlynn plays.

Will he be the answer as a starting lone striker in the championship? Personally I’m not sure, but well done to the lad for what he’s done this season.

It’s an absolute given that we’ll strengthen in the summer but we have a very good base to build from. I’d expect most of the guys out of contract to move on for starters so they’ll all need replaced.

I’d imagine Martin at Hamilton will be in our sights and I’m quite looking forward to seeing what our summer recruitment is like. Is it a year too early for Arfield?

I’d also imagine McGinn will be one of - if not the largest - wages on our bill so when he leaves/retires at the end of the season, there’s a significant chunk to use on someone who goes straight into the starting 11.

2 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

For all the misty eyed magical moments, there weren't many days at Brockville since I started going (mid 80s) that matched the atmosphere yesterday.  The Ultras have dispelled the myth that the stadium can't be rocking.  

The Choir getting the Hope Street end going was when Brockville rocked. You knew we were doing well when that happened

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Thought the Tifo was excellent yesterday and the atmosphere from start to finish was superb, South Stand was rocking and we could even hear singing breaking out from the Main Stand. 

There is such a great spirit around TFS now and it finally feels like our proper home. Players and management team have been brilliant and yet again I have to say a special mention to the Ultras who have transformed the full match day experience, I just wish I was 40 years younger.

Ultra's most likely the Grand children of the 'Falkirk Choir' from the Brockville days with a sprinkling of the seed of the groin and womb from the 'Houstie Hard Core'

We'll definitely need to strengthen, but we've got plenty of time to worry about that.  

As for Ross MacIvor, I was in the underwhelmed camp when he signed but I don't think anyone could honestly say they expected the impact he's had.  Lots of people also complained Morrison was overrated in the past and given too much credit but it really doesn't matter.  We're 11 pts clear and playing well.  I'm sure everyone is delighted with how the seasons playing out.  

How we're currently looking for next season.

Goalkeepers

Defenders
Keelan Adams
Coll Donaldson
Tom Lang

Midfielders
Brad Spencer
Liam Henderson
Aidan Nesbitt
Calvin Miller
Alfie Agyeman

Strikers
Ross MacIver
Jordan Allan

Academy Players
Owen Hayward
Logan Sinclair
Shay Burke
Rhys Walker
Scott Honeyman

I'd keep Hogarth as a back up for next season but I'd imagine he'd rather go elsewhere and play. I'd love Mccann & Yeats to be the next two contract extensions. Morrison will have much better offers than us.

Ross, Tait and Shanley have shown glimpses of promise but have the rest of this season to show they deserve to be here.

Jordan Allan the only real player we have still under contract that will most likely move on.

Long, Bisland, Mackie, MCKAY, McGinn, Oliver and Lawal moving on would be best for all parties.

Edited by FFC 1876

23 minutes ago, BPM said:

I said before yesterday I would play Tait in front of Henderson. The big man was good yesterday but when Tait came on we got control of the game back. I hope we can get get Tait from Hibs for next season. 

Dont think Henderson got over getting thumped first half

30 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

It’s an absolute given that we’ll strengthen in the summer but we have a very good base to build from. I’d expect most of the guys out of contract to move on for starters so they’ll all need replaced.

I’d imagine Martin at Hamilton will be in our sights and I’m quite looking forward to seeing what our summer recruitment is like. Is it a year too early for Arfield?

I hope McCann and Yates sign a new deal, probably Shanley as well and Morrison obviously. Oliver I’m 50\50 on, the rest can go 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

4 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I hope McCann and Yates sign a new deal, also Morrison obviously. Oliver I’m 50\50 on, the rest can go 

I think Yates will definitely stay. Think McCann is holding off until he knows what league we are in but promotion should convince him to commit. Morrison I think will be off unfortunately