The Falkirk FC Thread

I’m intrigued about how we’ll get on in The Championship. For so long I wanted out of it ⬆️ but now it’s a different mindset. The leagues are that small that I’m open-minded, good recruitment added to a solid core and who knows but equally consolidation/survival doesn’t seem so bad. Anything bar the drop again. I’m an approx 15 game a season man but it’s been painful, sore, hard to watch. 

Like the adage, whatever you do, don’t lose the game - don’t get relegated (though to be fair this unbeaten run has been very, very enjoyable and has made up for quite a lot, it will feel weird losing again in the league).

2 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

I’m intrigued about how we’ll get on in The Championship. For so long I wanted out of it ⬆️ but now it’s a different mindset. The leagues are that small that I’m open-minded, good recruitment added to a solid core and who knows but equally consolidation/survival doesn’t seem so bad. Anything bar the drop again. I’m an approx 15 game a season man but it’s been painful, sore, hard to watch. 

Like the adage, whatever you do, don’t lose the game - don’t get relegated (though to be fair this unbeaten run has been very, very enjoyable and has made up for quite a lot, it will feel weird losing again in the league).

Agree in the Champions League in 2026 i dont think we will go undefeated ( joking)

Due to a long standing family engagement I couldn’t make today, it hurt like hell and felt really dirty when I yassed the Hamilton 2nd goal, but I know I am not alone for being quietly pleased it rolls over to next weekend. It would have been perfect to seal it at home.
Anyhoo one of the best things about today’s result is the thought of that manky wee rat faced  tramp coming to the navy blue field of dreams and his team being the first facing the newly crowned champions, how fukin satisfying after his car crash time with us 🖕🖕🖕

I’m going to light the blue touch paper here a bit but The Experiment of 2018 - it was a disaster…..Hartley, Superscout, the board etc buuuuuut,  there was a change of direction required. I still remember the moans of Houston only recruits in the central belt, and there was calls for looking further afield. We needed more physicality etc. The Yak and the other striker whose name evades me were pointers to that.

A far more balanced and well, detailed approach was needed with recruitment but in terms of England, it was a step into the unknown. As a club, it just felt after all the close calls and misses, we were losing momentum and it fell apart in the end.

We’re on the up now, let’s give it a good go, under settled management, next season!

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Hope the Dutch lads behind me in the queue enjoyed the game. They were fairly well lubricated before it...

Aye what was the story with those boys today, seen them all getting out a mini bus outside cafe corvina after the game, some questionable attair on display 😂 

Tait so good today. Run in the first half again had me thinking he’s better suited to a more forward role.

2nd half completely dominant after an even first half. 

Onto next week and a huge away day party. Don’t know why but it feels like a fitting away to wrap up this league!

Also fair play to Hamilton (the players and management). Their fans have been an embarrassment in how they’ve turned on them but the team, in any other league 1 season, would’ve produced a very close title race 

Edited by bairn88

3 hours ago, AGPar said:

Kevin McAllister is a legend. There is no more fitting description, or worthy recipient of that tag (and probably never will be) Of other players I've seen, I'd be inclined to attach the same status to a certain Trinidadian magician. And, despite his relatively brief time at the club, a certain English one who liked scoring goals from the halfway line and direct from corners (against the same goalkeeper). Older fans will no doubt have players from earlier eras in mind.

Callum Morrison is, on his day, easily our most entertaining player. And our biggest attacking threat. He's had an excellent season. I'll be amazed if he does not win L1 Player of the Year. It's great that he has signed up for the next two years. I'm sure he'll make a decent impact in the Championship next season.

But Callum Morrison is not a legend and I do not consider myself even remotely "deluded" for holding that belief. There is such a thing as context. A bit of perspective from time to time would not go amiss. 

What should a player do, now, to be considered a “legend”? New era will be talking to children and grandchildren about Morrison and rightly so. 

Great day and after a subdued first opening fifteen, albeit against a very open Edinburgh side, we strolled it. Morrison undoubtedly MOM, but thought Donaldson Mackie and Tait were superb. For the purpose of rotating the squad Bisland is not a patch on Yeats, and when replaced we looked so much stronger. So it’s Montrose when we can officially seal the title. If there’s any trains geeks reading this , appreciate train times and return from any local stations.

2 hours ago, bairn88 said:

What should a player do, now, to be considered a “legend”? 

Stand out at a much higher level of football than that which we have been occupying for the previous five seasons. And that’s to even enter the conversation.

4 hours ago, AGPar said:

Stand out at a much higher level of football than that which we have been occupying for the previous five seasons. And that’s to even enter the conversation.

How about "perform well in both a rotten and a great team over 4 to 6 years and be a huge part of digging them out of a lower level?"

12 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

We have 2 sections of the stand plus behind the away goal & then all the way down the other side of the pitch (standing)

It'll obviously never happen but the covered end of Links Park stadium would look and sound amazing filled with 1,500 Bairns fans. (or whatever it holds).

image.thumb.jpeg.06e2b8241294d704bf4c9ddf2b39bc5c.jpeg

Edited by Bairn in Exile

On the Morrison Legend topic. Do people genuinely think he has been great for his whole time here?

For me he has been amazing this season and was decent enough last year (seen to remember him going off the boil a bit serving half) but before that was pretty average/disappointing, made what felt like the wrong decision constantly. To be honest if he had went end of last year I don’t think I would have been bothered.