The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Firstly, you're just wrong about the budget and has been confirmed by a board member. 

Secondly, I find it funny when fans of other clubs try this nonsense because ANY club in our situation would be the exact same. This is our first promotion in a long time with some of our fans never having seen it for themselves, with an unbeaten run and potential invincible season that (even in league 1) only rangers have managed. We have spent 5 years here after absolute charlatans who utterly destroyed this club dragged us down and kept us here before eventually were rightly kicked out. The fans were the ones that took it back in their own hands and the results of this season can ONLY be attributed to that group effort. This win is far far beyond just winning league one as a big club, it has taken far harder graft than any club who has only just dropped down from the championship with wealthy owners that can bankroll them back up. There is often a lot of crowdwanking on here but it's mainly because there are very few clubs that can claim that even in their worst ever season in history they maintained crowds of over 2000 and have average crowds of 5000 in league one. Our success this season has come from that and only that and the team on the park is the fruits of that dedication. I for one, will remember this season as the season we took it in our hands and turned our club away from imminent death. Not by leaving it to someone else to deal with. The results of the season just reflect all of that and any player on the park will be a legend to me as a result. And any other club who can say all of the above would be just as elated as we are. If you don't see that it's because you've had the privilege of not being in this situation and that is fine for you but don't bother coming on here to try and convince anyone otherwise, it just won't work.

all that's missing dude is the blue face paint and loud cries of F-R-E-E-D-O-M a mammoth rallying cry love it

Edited by AJ1981

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

So would you say Dennis Mehmet, Joe Chalmers & the like should be regarded as Dunfermline legends based on what they achieved last season if it weren't for that one loss against Montrose?

Team with the biggest budget by far, no constraints in comparison to any of the other sides, put out the SC by lower league opposition, won the league at a canter - it's a good season, great for you lot undoubtedly considering the misery this league has been for you lads, but legendary? Come on now.

They were quick enough to give Mehmet his legendary 3 year deal last summer. 

Conveniently left out the fact we've also beat 3 championship clubs this season in the cup. Ayr, Queens Park and rode Dundee United silly. Also dominated Partick Thistle with 10 men before losing a late equaliser.

It's some feat for any team to go unbeaten through a whole league season so on that basis I'm sure Dunfermline fans would have classed that side last year as legends. 

58 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Firstly, you're just wrong about the budget and has been confirmed by a board member. 

Secondly, I find it funny when fans of other clubs try this nonsense because ANY club in our situation would be the exact same. This is our first promotion in a long time with some of our fans never having seen it for themselves, with an unbeaten run and potential invincible season that (even in league 1) only rangers have managed. We have spent 5 years here after absolute charlatans who utterly destroyed this club dragged us down and kept us here before eventually were rightly kicked out. The fans were the ones that took it back in their own hands and the results of this season can ONLY be attributed to that group effort. This win is far far beyond just winning league one as a big club, it has taken far harder graft than any club who has only just dropped down from the championship with wealthy owners that can bankroll them back up. There is often a lot of crowdwanking on here but it's mainly because there are very few clubs that can claim that even in their worst ever season in history they maintained crowds of over 2000 and have average crowds of 5000 in league one. Our success this season has come from that and only that and the team on the park is the fruits of that dedication. I for one, will remember this season as the season we took it in our hands and turned our club away from imminent death. Not by leaving it to someone else to deal with. The results of the season just reflect all of that and any player on the park will be a legend to me as a result. And any other club who can say all of the above would be just as elated as we are. If you don't see that it's because you've had the privilege of not being in this situation and that is fine for you but don't bother coming on here to try and convince anyone otherwise, it just won't work.

Great post 

7 hours ago, Rocco said:

You're effectively saying that if someone replicates Morrisons form but we were in the Premiership, then they would deserve legendary status but Morisson, who did the exact same wouldn’t because he did it in a lower league. 

Not necessarily. But certainly closer. 

46 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Obviously we wouldn't get that amount for him, but when he's just signed a new contract, it means that the club are in a strong position negotiations-wise.  Care to offer an amount you feel would be more realistic?

£1000

24 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

It's some feat for any team to go unbeaten through a whole league season so on that basis I'm sure Dunfermline fans would have classed that side last year as legends. 

For me, absolutely not. But it's a personal thing. Can't really disparage someone else for holding a team in high regard. 

The word legend gets chucked about a bit too easily for my liking in any case. 

Edited by HoBNob

11 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Got to feel for a lot of they seats at TFS today, they aren’t used to being empty when there is a team in Navy Blue on the pitch.

Bit sickening seeing all those Union Jacks 

49 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

For me, absolutely not. But it's a personal thing. Can't really disparage someone else for holding a team in high regard. 

The word legend gets chucked about a bit too easily for my liking in any case. 

It's gone from pulling a sword from a stone to returning home unexpectedly with crisps. 😉

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm not trying to punch down and I suppose it is getting you out of the lowest situation you've ever been in, but Falkirk winning League One, shouldn't be getting the players and management heralded as 'legends' just because your previous attempts have been utterly woeful. Only Hamilton have even posed a slight challenge out of the FT teams and a lot of their fans think their manager is incompetent.

Come on lads, great season for you, great to see the back of this league but a club the size of Falkirk should not be deeming people legends for getting you out of League One regardless of going unbeaten or not!

I understand what you are saying but going an entire league season unbeaten is a remarkable feat irrespective of the league that you are in.

This team have restored the pride in the club that several years of desperately bad football and mismanagement had eroded.

10 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I understand what you are saying but going an entire league season unbeaten is a remarkable feat irrespective of the league that you are in.

This team have restored the pride in the club that several years of desperately bad football and mismanagement had eroded.

this team has restored the pride in the club but more importantly was built on the back of fan ownership, an elected bod and fan funding.its a joint effort, a team effort

8 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

this team has restored the pride in the club but more importantly was built on the back of fan ownership, an elected bod and fan funding.its a joint effort, a team effort

That’s the tattoo. Imagine what we can achieve if we just keep going?

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Got to feel for a lot of they seats at TFS today, they aren’t used to being empty when there is a team in Navy Blue on the pitch.

Just scraped over half what we got for a league game in league one yesterday. Pitiful crowd.

56 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Theres not many sides outwith the old firm that have gone unbeaten for a whole league season of over 30 games.

Edited by Shodwall cat