The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Exactly this.

MacIver is pivotal to the way McGlynn wants to play, which is why he signed him. Just because he doesn't score loads of goals doesn't mean he isn't good at his job.

I agree with both of your points wholeheartedly; it's clear for most what he adds to the team and why he's in it. I'm not looking to dispute that whatsover. Where my concern lies is that we've created a barrowload of chances this season, and with that he's missed a considerable number of sitters too. Even the most optimistic of us on here would likely admit that even if we do well next year, we won't create as many as we do in League One, so being more clinical will become extra important.

Probably important to highlight he's on 14 goals in the league which is a decent haul btw. But with that I've said in mind, you play a game in the Championship against one of the better sides and you might get one or two clear cut chances in a game; I'm not sure you put your money on him to finish them yet. You could argue what he brings to the team is more important than his goal tally, and that's an argument I'd have some sympathy with. But I don't think highlighting finishing is totally unfair, either.

Edit to add: his game is obviously still improving all the time, so not outwith the question for him to become more clinical (I hope he does!). Just calling it as I've seen it this season.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

1 hour ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I know MacIver has become poplular and has scored a good few important goals, but I am still in two minds about him.  He certainly has a great ability to tap in a goal from a a few inches, that is for certain.  A goal is a goal so I'm not being sarcastic, evey one counts.  I see him as a good sub, not as our central striker.

If I am on the fence about MacIver, then my brother certainly isn't.  He has seen him play about 6 times this season and he is fairly scathing about him.  He doesn't see a footballer there - no dribbling and swerving as you would expect from a striker, no great ball control, no rushing past defenders.  He just sees a slightly akward, not very athletic guy.   I don't know what Ross has done to him, but I don't agree with my brother.

But it is interesting how someone with no horse in the race can see that.

No great ball control? His first touch is fantastic! Almost always controls it first time and either finds a man or has the intelligence to hold the ball up and allow the three in behind to get into space, without McIver up there doing the job he does Miller, Nisbet and Morrison can’t properly play the game they have done this season. Over and above getting a decent number of goals and assists his overall contribution this season has been massive! Does you brother not watch much football???…

Edited by LatapyBairn.

44 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

😍 MacIver robbed of a full house.

IMG_5435.jpeg

Well deserved! Little surprised Nicky got in and obviously McIver not being in most probably wouldn’t agree with either but we’ll take it. You almost never see a near clean sweep like this, massive well done and deserved.  

Feel for the big guy. Has been immense and can’t believe he didn’t get the slot. Many arguments for him missing out, just the kick for him to finish the season off with a couple of hat tricks…..

There will never be another season where ten players from one club takes the stage. Well done to everyone, as you’ve been bloody outstanding.

3 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

I’ve had a stroke and I’m stuck at home, but I just noticed this that cheered me. My apologies if someone else’s posted it but every single player except for Burrell. 

IMG_6379.jpeg

Sorry to hear Pablo hope you are recovering as well as you can. 

That take above about MacIver is absolutely outrageous. 

As has been said, I really don’t think football is for your brother. Ross is a very intelligent player and his link up play gets the best out of his teammates 

I’d take McIver every day of the week ahead of Burrell, McIver works his socks off and does shed loads more work which leads to goals for others, Burrell wouldn’t do that.

I’m actually pissed off, the team of the year should be eleven Falkirk players, no other c**t has laid a glove on us and big Ross has been a massive part of what we’ve achieved.

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I agree with both of your points wholeheartedly; it's clear for most what he adds to the team and why he's in it. I'm not looking to dispute that whatsover. Where my concern lies is that we've created a barrowload of chances this season, and with that he's missed a considerable number of sitters too. Even the most optimistic of us on here would likely admit that even if we do well next year, we won't create as many as we do in League One, so being more clinical will become extra important.

Probably important to highlight he's on 14 goals in the league which is a decent haul btw. But with that I've said in mind, you play a game in the Championship against one of the better sides and you might get one or two clear cut chances in a game; I'm not sure you put your money on him to finish them yet. You could argue what he brings to the team is more important than his goal tally, and that's an argument I'd have some sympathy with. But I don't think highlighting finishing is totally unfair, either.

Edit to add: his game is obviously still improving all the time, so not outwith the question for him to become more clinical (I hope he does!). Just calling it as I've seen it this season.

I think it likely that a centre forward that was instrumental in Morrison, Nesbitt and Miller scoring 40 odd? goals, whilst also knocking in 20-30 himself wouldn't be playing for Falkirk. 

2 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I know MacIver has become poplular and has scored a good few important goals, but I am still in two minds about him.  He certainly has a great ability to tap in a goal from a a few inches, that is for certain.  A goal is a goal so I'm not being sarcastic, evey one counts.  I see him as a good sub, not as our central striker.

If I am on the fence about MacIver, then my brother certainly isn't.  He has seen him play about 6 times this season and he is fairly scathing about him.  He doesn't see a footballer there - no dribbling and swerving as you would expect from a striker, no great ball control, no rushing past defenders.  He just sees a slightly akward, not very athletic guy.   I don't know what Ross has done to him, but I don't agree with my brother.

But it is interesting how someone with no horse in the race can see that.

What the actual f'ck is this pish?