The Falkirk FC Thread

50 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Maybe in the minority but I think I may go for Miller vs Accies. Went mental when that went in. After Hogarth had flung them a route back into it (I forgive you, Nicky), Falkirk teams of old would have crumbled but we went right up the park, said “f**k you” and went right back at them minutes later. Confirmation that day we would do it, for me. Was also right behind it and it was a fucking ARROW. Scenes.

Although I agree with the principle, It's goal of the season not moment.

I think it is wonderful that there is a big variation in what people think is the goal of our season. It show that we have scored a variety of spectacular goals this season by different players from all over the park. Sign of a great team as we are not a one trick pony this season

I think the real goal of the season will be our third against Alloa in May. A thunderbolt from ..........

Edited by Bigbrbairn

We have scored a number of stunning goals this season and the clear favourite will be Morrison v Montrose given the circumstances of that game. Spencer v QOS in the first game was a highlight for me as we had struggled all game and it looked like petering out into a 0-0 finish. I missed the 3-2 Montrose game as my son had a birthday party to go to at half 4.

Personally I love a goal that's come from a good team move so from that collection it's either MacIver v Stirling or Nesbitt v Kelty for me

4 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

We have scored a number of stunning goals this season and the clear favourite will be Morrison v Montrose given the circumstances of that game. Spencer v QOS in the first game was a highlight for me as we had struggled all game and it looked like petering out into a 0-0 finish. I missed the 3-2 Montrose game as my son had a birthday party to go to at half 4.

Personally I love a goal that's come from a good team move so from that collection it's either MacIver v Stirling or Nesbitt v Kelty for me

For the team goals, Macivers takes it for me. Beautiful cross and bullet header

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I think it is wonderful that there is a big variation in what people think is the goal of our season. It show that we have scored a variety of spectacular goals this season by different players from all over the park. Sign of a great team as we are not a one trick pony this season

I think the real goal of the season will be our third against Alloa in May. A thunderbolt from ..........

........ LEON MCANN

22 minutes ago, grumpyoldman said:

MacIver against Stirring Albion is by far the best goal from a footballing perspective.

You took the words out of my mouth. An absolutely outstanding goal and if Man City had done that against a Luton or what have you, we’d never hear the end of it. Some header too by big Ross.

Goal of the season: based on what, visual or importance ?

important, Jordan Allen v cove away ,started the run, or Calvin millar penalty last minute v Edinburgh kept the run going

calvn millar again v Hamilton away right after Nicky made a balls of it,

or a combination of the two visual and importance has to be Calum’s arsehole winder v Montrose 

That was a STATEMENT

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

The other thing like is defenders taking responsibility for helping to overload a deep lying team. If you sit deep and congest the final third, Donaldson in particular will squeeze up and take the ball if it has to come back the way. Or hel carry it deep if the space is there and get the defedners going back towards goal. He has a couple of goals, and he done an Edinburgh defender like prime Crunchie for the last gasp penalty because he's obviously been told to get up there and get involved. 

Thats right, Kenny Burns at Forest would pick up the ball and drive at the defence, take a shot or play a wall pass. Was an underestimated footballer that his hard man image hid.

I know MacIver has become poplular and has scored a good few important goals, but I am still in two minds about him.  He certainly has a great ability to tap in a goal from a a few inches, that is for certain.  A goal is a goal so I'm not being sarcastic, evey one counts.  I see him as a good sub, not as our central striker.

If I am on the fence about MacIver, then my brother certainly isn't.  He has seen him play about 6 times this season and he is fairly scathing about him.  He doesn't see a footballer there - no dribbling and swerving as you would expect from a striker, no great ball control, no rushing past defenders.  He just sees a slightly akward, not very athletic guy.   I don't know what Ross has done to him, but I don't agree with my brother.

But it is interesting how someone with no horse in the race can see that.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

11 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I know MacIver has become poplular and has scored a good few important goals, but I am still in two minds about him.  He certainly has a great ability to tap in a goal from a a few inches, that is for certain.  A goal is a goal so I'm not being sarcastic, evey one counts.  I see him as a good sub, not as our central striker.

If I am on the fence about MacIver, then my brother certainly isn't.  He has seen him play about 6 times this season and he is fairly scathing about him.  He doesn't see a footballer there - no dribbling and swerving as you would expect from a striker, no great ball control, no rushing past defenders.  He just sees a slightly akward, not very athletic guy.   I don't know what Ross has done to him, but I don't agree with my brother.

What a lot of bollocks

23 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Seems that your brother has no clue about what he is watching.