The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

While we're kicking off close season nit picking, can we all agree that his name is NESBITT this year (this will be his 4th season with us so we've had plenty time)

While we're on the subject ... McIver!?

The way I pronounce it doesn't work with the song :unsure2:

3 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

While we're on the subject ... McIver!?

The way I pronounce it doesn't work with the song :unsure2:

Good point, I notice McGlynn and Smith call him "Mac'I'ver" but everyone else seems to say it like "Mac'Ee'vor" which is is really?  Has anyone asked Ross?  

6 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Good point, I notice McGlynn and Smith call him "Mac'I'ver" but everyone else seems to say it like "Mac'Ee'vor" which is is really?  Has anyone asked Ross?  

Can confirm it’s ‘MacEever’ from speaking to him myself, however, he did say that he really doesn’t care which way people say it

4 hours ago, AJ1981 said:

the statement from @Blame Me that promoted my response was "FD can promote whomever they want whether the club like it or not."  one daft statement deserves another.

I nominate you as "Falkirk Daftie" in absence of one this week! 

You may not be able to comprehend it but in some future hypothetical, where the Pars winning ends up doing us a turn that leads us to say, European qualification - you think FD wouldn't promote that as a good thing while the club publicly might not take that view?

Stranger things have happened and to say a podcast etc wouldn't be rooting for that outcome while the club might err on the side of caution as not to upset fans like yourself, I think is a really daft statement.

18 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

It is definitely Maceever

Just bought a season ticket for KM - how do I get my son's U12 ticket?

Doesn't allow you to add to basket on its own or when buying adult ticket as obviously needs to be in conjunction with an adult ticket... 

I've bought mine and same message when I try to do his? 

Any help much appreciated.. 

22 minutes ago, Cheeringmango said:

Doesn't allow you to add to basket on its own or when buying adult ticket as obviously needs to be in conjunction with an adult ticket... 

Have you completed the sale on yours? Needs to be done at the same time I believe. Maybe best to call the shop tomorrow. 

25 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Have you completed the sale on yours? Needs to be done at the same time I believe. Maybe best to call the shop tomorrow. 

Aye mate - just wouldn't let me add it to cart- has a note that pops up saying tou need to purchase an adult ticket first before buying kids.

Be easy fixed through the shop I'd imagine. 

10 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Give me a new starting GK, Tait and Oakley as your three summer bits of business to add to the current squad and I’d be delighted.

Oakley going to Plastic Whistle according to my little birds. Would love Tait back, he’s a Rolls Royce.  Think we need more numbers in the spine too, c.f. How difficult things got for us at the end of the season but especially Dunfermline when their defenders/muscle got injured. 

7 hours ago, Cheeringmango said:

Got a not too dissimilar issue. Did the FSS sign-up, "bought" the validation and see the adult 12 payment option but can't renew the U12 tickets on the same order. 

12 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Give me a new starting GK, Tait and Oakley as your three summer bits of business to add to the current squad and I’d be delighted.

Agreed. New starting GK that commands his six yard box is a must for me. Tait would be excellent too. 

2 hours ago, StuartA said:

Oakley going to Plastic Whistle according to my little birds. Would love Tait back, he’s a Rolls Royce.  Think we need more numbers in the spine too, c.f. How difficult things got for us at the end of the season but especially Dunfermline when their defenders/muscle got injured. 

Brian Graham moving on then? He was rumoured for us last season? Him and Oakley are surely not going to play in the same team?

The 7th member of the championship for next season will be confirmed tonight. One off tie at Firhill between Partick and Airdrie after the first leg was a 2-2 draw. 

The out of contract player in the leagues above us are interesting reading. Ex bairns Ryan Flynn, Tony Gallacher, Craig Sibbald, Cameron Blues among them.

This closed season is going to be a buyers market with more player than places.

We just might get a surprise.

Any ex bairns fancied for a return?

18 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The out of contract player in the leagues above us are interesting reading. Ex bairns Ryan Flynn, Tony Gallacher, Craig Sibbald, Cameron Blues among them.

This closed season is going to be a buyers market with more player than places.

We just might get a surprise.

Any ex bairns fancied for a return?

Sibbs I think will either get a new contract or another premiership team will sign him. He’s had a good season playing in a deeper role than he played for us. I always felt he was better when he played deeper.

Flynn is at the tail end of his career and not played much this season. Wouldn’t surprise me if he hangs up his boots.

Cant see Gallacher as he’s a pure left back. We’ve already got Leon McCann and I think the LB cover we bring in will be a versatile player (likely either Hanlon or a new contract for Mackie) who can cover other positions too.

Don’t know Blues hugely well as he never played that much for us. How’s he getting on at Morton?

Scott Arfield was doing the rounds a few months back but not seen his name in a while on here. Is that still on the cards? Michael McGovern been mentioned too as he’s third choice for the Jambos now but that surely won’t happen if Harry Stone happens.

Sibbald wasn't on the release list at United so safe to say they're negotiating with him. He was also voted players' player and fans' player of the year so doubt he's going anywhere unless another Premiership team comes in as mentioned above.