The Falkirk FC Thread

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Wonder if A. Trialist will get a game against Dumbarton?

Remember that absolute dud of a striker against Kilmarnock two summers ago. On the opposite scale watching Finn Yeats shine in the middle of the park.

Edited by FFC 1876

52 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Remember a Dundee United game at Tannadice. Paddy Gregg ran about like a blue touchpaper looking for a light.

Stood no nonsense on the park and I suspect as a manager he will do the same.

Best of luck to him.

Yes, the wee man was fond of a confrontation or two.

Battleground2.jpg

16 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

Yes, the wee man was fond of a confrontation or two.

Battleground2.jpg

He could have battered them all, including Sammy!

One memory of wee Paddy was having a penalty awarded against him at Ibrox when he put his hand on Kris Boyd's back. No push, no force, he just touched him and down Boyd went.

Penalty tae Ranjurs!!

Given the current situation with ICT, it got me wondering how many clubs in Scotland when under administration and facing financial difficulties have repaid their debts in full. I know us and Celtic have but wondered how many others have.

5 hours ago, Blane Fonda said:

Everyone seems happy enough with Ross signing, but I'm not so sure - he doesn't improve the starting eleven. Of course it was important to retain the majority of last season's squad. But a lot of our squad haven't exactly excelled in the championship when they previously played there. This is a position I think we could have tried something a bit different, take a chance on a freed youngster from a big club or a random foreign chap. to try and improve the first team.  We know what Ross can do, and so do all our opponents in this league, this was a chance to roll the dice, We have Miller -  Nesbitt and McCann could fill in this position if needed 

like many on here not sure about this take, fwiw i think it's a positive and ambitious signing. he never let us down after arriving post recovery from an injury. he's a bright young exciting and talented player who knows the club, his team mates and management team. the argument {if that's what it is} that the opponents know him so he's less effective, then that applies to all our players. Scottish football is a goldfish bowl. 

not worth a red dot though tbh

on the plus side i see we posted his signing about an hour after raith published their squad update. i can't see a hibs update yet so fingers crossed..

10 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Given the current situation with ICT, it got me wondering how many clubs in Scotland when under administration and facing financial difficulties have repaid their debts in full. I know us and Celtic have but wondered how many others have.

Wouldn’t surprise me that ICT will do the exact same as others that blatantly went under knowing full well that the slate will more or less be wiped clean and leaving many fans,  investors, companies and sponsor’s to pick up the pieces and suspect many will be penniless. Top league status not that far back to this today. 

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Wouldn’t surprise me that ICT will do the exact same as others that blatantly went under knowing full well that the slate will more or less be wiped clean and leaving many fans,  investors, companies and sponsor’s to pick up the pieces and suspect many will be penniless. Top league status not that far back to this today. 

Too many clubs in this country have turned their back on debts and got away with nothing more than a slap on the wrist. I’m so glad we can take pride in the fact we didn’t and when we were needed our fans stepped up yet again. Other clubs can lord it over us all they like about 3 stands and artificial pitch etc but at least we know we aren’t debt shirkers.

Just now, Harry Kinnear said:

Too many clubs in this country have turned their back on debts and got away with nothing more than a slap on the wrist. I’m so glad we can take pride in the fact we didn’t and when we were needed our fans stepped up yet again. Other clubs can lord it over us all they like about 3 stands and artificial pitch etc but at least we know we aren’t debt shirkers.

Absolutely agree, often wonder does it pay to be toeing the line, or do what others do and get a slap. 

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

Absolutely agree, often wonder does it pay to be toeing the line, or do what others do and get a slap. 

I’d rather pay our debts, I’d hate to think of small, local businesses going under or struggling because of us.

Posted (edited)

Inverness have made an average of a £600,000 loss every year for the last 5 seasons to 2023 (totalling over £3.1m)

I've not seen their figures for last season but you've got to assume it was the same again. That figure will be more like £1m after a year in League 1.

All on less than half of our crowds

Owners attempted to cover these with a series of pie-in-the-sky non-football related projects, which have predictably fallen through

Completely and utterly unsustainable and now look doomed barring fresh investment 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Inverness have made an average of a £600,000 loss every year for the last 5 seasons (totalling over £3.1m)

All on less than half of our crowds

Owners attempted to cover these with a series of pie-in-the-sky non-football related projects, which have predictably fallen through

Completely and utterly unsustainable and now look doomed barring fresh investment 

All the time, we (and others) sit below them and get less prize money and lower crowds as a result. This is where some kind of financial fair play should come in. Or another way, disincentivise running at a loss to stay ahead by flattening-out prize money. 

Edited by StuartA

24 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

There is a certain club that comes to mind when reading this.

Spoiler

Don't know if anyone's noticed or maybe I've just missed an announcement, but our friendly at Ochilview has been cancelled because we now meet in the LC. We now play Alloa on July 6th instead.

Whether it’s Inverness’s bother, the crap over denying Buckie entry, the pitches/protectionism scandal, Dundee’s inbox management, VAR, or any of so many other national football management failures, each one screams out the need for an effective regulator.