The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

google "implied' and stop the gaslighting dude. 

Haven't a clue what you mean.

@Roboccop said that he would take Falkirk winning a trophy over Scotland winning the World Cup. Which seems obvious  to me because he is English.

I would take Falkirk winning the pre-match coin toss over England winning the World Cup. At no time did I call him out over him being English, dude.

2 minutes ago, StuartA said:

@Roboccop just puts on the silly accent. We were in the same SNP branch as kids!

Strange. @Roboccop joined my year at school when he moved up from England and he had a very strong Brummie accent and he was an Aston Villa supporter.

20 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Haven't a clue what you mean.

@Roboccop said that he would take Falkirk winning a trophy over Scotland winning the World Cup. Which seems obvious  to me because he is English.

I would take Falkirk winning the pre-match coin toss over England winning the World Cup. At no time did I call him out over him being English, dude.

I would also take Falkirk winning a trophy over Scotland winning the world cup, so any conclusion you would draw from that can only be formed by your worldview. I'm born and bred in FK1 so your supposed logic doesn't work there. Drawing conclusions of peoples beliefs, values or views based on geography is a road I wouldn't tread, but you fill your boots. 

1 minute ago, AJ1981 said:

I would also take Falkirk winning a trophy over Scotland winning the world cup, so any conclusion you would draw from that can only be formed by your worldview. I'm born and bred in FK1 so your supposed logic doesn't work there. Drawing conclusions of peoples beliefs, values or views based on geography is a road I wouldn't tread, but you fill your boots. 

You're talking in riddles. 

I would take Falkirk winning a trophy over Scotland winning the World cup too. Dude.

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Strange. @Roboccop joined my year at school when he moved up from England and he had a very strong Brummie accent and he was an Aston Villa supporter.

I know! He’s my pal. Just trying (and failing) to continue a joke I have with him whenever he rips the pish out of me when Scotland get pumped. 

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Here's a question; there was a guy who used to wander around Denny (who I think was English) wearing a top hat and tails and carrying a cane. Is it the same person? Time line would be about right. 

I realise I’m about to poke a hornets nest but here goes. I get the sentiment of folk who would choose the Scotland WC win ahead of us say winning a Scottish Cup and how it would affect the entire nation but, that is probably a tiny part of what would make me choose a Bairns win every day of the week.

I honestly couldn’t give a shit about fans of other clubs getting a lift from Scotland doing anything, whether we like it or not history has shown that we are not a well liked club in the realms of Scottish football. What has Scottish football ever done for us, every chance they get we seem to get barriers put in front of us to halt progression. The thought of the likes of that w**k Doncaster or Mulraney dining out on Scotlands success makes me sick. 

I am an armchair Scotland fan but I’m not invested in them anywhere near the way I am Falkirk.  After family,  Falkirk are and always will be the most important thing in my life. 

Some might say I have a small minded, siege mentality but I honestly don’t care.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

Quite interesting to think about. In general I care far more about Falkirk than I do the national team but a world cup win is something else. I am genuinely not sure which I would choose 

16 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I honestly couldn’t give a shit about fans of other clubs getting a lift from Scotland doing anything, whether we like it or not history has shown that we are not a well liked club in the realms of Scottish football. What has Scottish football ever done for us, every chance they get we seem to get barriers put in front of us to halt progression. The thought of the likes of that w**k Doncaster or Mulraney dining out on Scotlands success makes me sick. 

I am an armchair Scotland fan but I’m not invested in them anywhere near the way I am Falkirk.  After family,  Falkirk are and always will be the most important thing in my life. 

Great post and couldn’t agree more. If we thought we weren’t well thought of, it will be a great deal worse now that we’ve “corroborated” with others to go against their hatred of plastic. Just waiting on the stadium criteria “must have four stands”

Just now, Springfield said:

Great post and couldn’t agree more. If we thought we weren’t well thought of, it will be a great deal worse now that we’ve “corroborated” with others to go against their hatred of plastic. Just waiting on the stadium criteria “must have four stands”

It will come, watch this space.

31 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I realise I’m about to poke a hornets nest but here goes. I get the sentiment of folk who would choose the Scotland WC win ahead of us say winning a Scottish Cup and how it would affect the entire nation but, that is probably a tiny part of what would make me choose a Bairns win every day of the week.

Some might say I have a small minded, siege mentality but I honestly don’t care.

Can understand this and I’m actually not sure where I stand. I’d just be happy with either tbh.

However I think most of us on here feel part of a Falkirk family and I don’t think you can generate that same buzz from watching the occasional Scotland game so I guess a Falkirk success feels just that bit more like a personal achievement…..

23 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Can understand this and I’m actually not sure where I stand. I’d just be happy with either tbh.

However I think most of us on here feel part of a Falkirk family and I don’t think you can generate that same buzz from watching the occasional Scotland game so I guess a Falkirk success feels just that bit more like a personal achievement…..

You can’t. The brilliant Saturday at Montrose clinching the league title & the last game against Alloa” to become the now famous “Invincibles”

Sorry but as much as I love my homeland, Falkirk every time…

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Collaborated 

3 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Great life as a Falkirk player. Back at your work for one shift then weekend off!

They were in today too.