The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, JS_FFC said:

Goalkeepers: Hogarth, Sneddon (2)

ย 

Defenders: Yeats, Lang, Donaldson, McCann, Mackie, Adams (6)

ย 

Holding midfielders: Spencer, Henderson (CB cover), Tait (3)

ย 

Attacking mids/wingers: Morrison, Nesbitt, Miller, Ross, Agyemang, McKenna, Oliver (7)

ย 

Strikers: MacIver, Shanley, Allan (3)

ย 

Gary Oliver and Agyemang can also play up front and Finn Yeats can play CDM. Also interesting that McKennaโ€™s short cameo at the weekend was in the double pivot as he came on for Dylan Tait. Iโ€™m not sure if that was just because Hendo is needed to play CB at the moment or if weโ€™ll normally see him play there. When he was signed I thought weโ€™d see him as the cover for Aidan Nesbittโ€™s position.

ย 

If there are indeed going to be two loan incomings Iโ€™d be looking for a versatile defender and either another holding mid or a centre forward.

Double pivot???

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

From the Clyde thread.

ย 

Loan deal I presume if it's Clyde whilst ict might have taken him off out hands completely being full time. Clyde won't be paying all his wages I presume either. Travelling a pain but you'd think he'd prefer league one to the dross in league 2.ย 

Edited by Shodwall cat

11 hours ago, Roboccop said:

In my limited experience of the manager, he doesnโ€™t seem to play these games. I think if he says the budget is gone, thatโ€™s what he means. ย of course more money can come in or savings made by leasing players on loan but for now I think you can accept thatโ€™s it. And I donโ€™t think we need anyone else for a week or two; without being arrogant look at the quality of the teams we are about to play.ย 

No doubt the begging bowl will be out again shortly asking for the fans to do more.

9 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Loan deal I presume if it's Clyde whilst ict might have taken him off out hands completely being full time. Clyde won't be paying all his wages I presume either. Travelling a pain but you'd think he'd prefer league one to the dross in league 2.ย 

ย 
ย 

Tbh for a guy who probably lives in the central belt Iโ€™d rather go to Clyde and be instant favourite to be the leagues top scorer than go to ICT who looks like they are about to rival our banter years.ย 

Clyde have got plenty of cash these days and I imagine we are pushing them to pay 100% of Allan's wage

I reckon he'd prefer to stay in full time football and is obviously good enough for League 1, but with the geographic locations of Inverness, Queen of the South & Cove he'll probably end up back at Clydeย 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

31 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Hopefully a permanent deal as Clyde appear to be flush with cash given some of their signings this summer.ย 

Inverness are a car crash right now so I don't blame him if he's turning that down.

Just catching up and wanted to mention that I really enjoy Falkirk Daft and appreciate what @RC55 FFCand the guys do in their own time to entertain us and the effort they go to to get different guests on.

Do I agree with all their views ? Absolutely not but their is no doubt they love the club and some of the flack they are getting is unwarranted.

Keep up the good work guys.

7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Just catching up and wanted to mention that I really enjoy Falkirk Daft and appreciate what @RC55 FFCand the guys do in their own time to entertain us and the effort they go to to get different guests on.

Do I agree with all their views ? Absolutely not but their is no doubt they love the club and some of the flack they are getting is unwarranted.

Keep up the good work guys.

i agree, but if you offer your opinions then you should be held up to to scrutiny surely as long as this challenge is sensible, or evidenced and not abusive. i see plenty of challenge and discussion and not much abuse unless i've missed it of course.

52 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Clyde have got plenty of cash these days and I imagine we are pushing them to pay 100% of Allan's wage

I imagine he'd prefer to stay in full time football and is obviously good enough for League 1, but with the geographic locations of Inverness, Queen of the South & Cove I reckon he'll end up back at Clydeย 

If I remember correctly, when a player is loaned from a full time club to a part time club, he normally trains with his parent club for part of the week.

P&B would cease to exist if we all agreed about everything!ย 

Credit to Ross and John that they're honesty and candour means they've become faces that fans can attribute contrary views to.

I'm sure it'll be addressed on this week's podcast and has provided some grist for the mill on here.

Such is life, you can't please all of the people, all of the time.

ย 

6 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

If I remember correctly, when a player is loaned from a full time club to a part time club, he normally trains with his parent club for part of the week.

That's a good point. I suppose it depends whether he goes out on loan or if there is a mutual termination and he signs elsewhere permanentlyย 

58 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I reckon he'd prefer to stay in full time football and is obviously good enough for League 1, but with the geographic locations of Inverness, Queen of the South & Cove he'll probably end up back at Clydeย 

Canโ€™t see a part time team paying 100% ย of a full time wageย 

Just now, grumpyoldman said:

Canโ€™t see a part time team paying 100% ย of a full time wageย 

Yeah, we will need to pick up the shortfall unless heโ€™s willing to take a pay cut and get another job, but if he was going down that route itโ€™d probably be a permanent transfer rather than a loan.ย 

11 hours ago, Blane Fonda said:

On leaving the game, I noticed guys in Birmingham City gear, ย two guys in Bristol City ties and few athletic black guys watching the game

They were sitting away from the Dundee Utd VIP section.

So I think there will be some movement within the squad.ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Every club in Scotland is a selling club and any player will have their price. The club would not stand in the way of a player getting a career changing move to play at a higher level. It could also be that these clubs were getting a feel for possibly loan deals. Would like to think they would have been impressed with what they saw.

21 minutes ago, BPM said:

I wouldnโ€™t be looking at a loan for Allan. Get shot for meย 

Especially with just a year left on his deal, he's done enough to earn someone taking him on permanently.

The real test of the surfaces will be in the winter months. However, anecdotally, it's been apparent that the wet summer we've had has made it difficult for groundsman in Scotland - whether that is more so than usual remains to be seen.

The 12 will be under heavy scrutiny to see how the teams 6th - 12th fair in relation to playing surfaces.

ย 

1 hour ago, AJ1981 said:

i agree, but if you offer your opinions then you should be held up to to scrutiny surely as long as this challenge is sensible, or evidenced and not abusive. i see plenty of challenge and discussion and not much abuse unless i've missed it of course.

No abuse, absolutely not, just discussion which is healthy and about our all of our favourite topics, FFC. Which is what itโ€™s all about.ย 

Talking of which, we have a few guest pundits lined up for the first few episodes as a carry over from last season but if anyone on here would like to come on, just drop me a DM on here or email as at pundit@falkirkdaft.co.uk ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ