The Falkirk FC Thread

Given it's took this long for him to move on when it was obvious he'd have been heading back to Clyde I doubt we've got the short end of the straw on the deal.

Clyde will be paying a decent whack of his wages which should allow us to bring in at least one on loan. McGlynn's loans are normally the bollocks too, so exciting times.

6 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Given it's took this long for him to move on when it was obvious he'd have been heading back to Clyde I doubt we've got the short end of the straw on the deal.

Clyde will be paying a decent whack of his wages which should allow us to bring in at least one on loan. McGlynn's loans are normally the bollocks too, so exciting times.

Why will it necessarily allow us to bring someone in? What if Mcglynn has overspent as could be possible ? 

7 minutes ago, BPM said:

Why will it necessarily allow us to bring someone in? What if Mcglynn has overspent as could be possible ? 

I do think this is also possible. Allan has been loaned out since January, and as people have already stated it’s been in the works for a while. Could it be possible that Allan going out on loan has already been factored into the budget? I still think we’ll bring in someone else but I’m not 100% convinced Allan going means someone else coming in. 

7 minutes ago, BPM said:

He may have but I think it's a pretty fair assumption that with Allan moving on we'll be looking to bring someone else in.

We've only got a squad of 20 senior players now Allan's left.

I'd just be really surprised if a manager who we know enjoys the loan market is planning to go into the season not using it. 

And honestly, I know what's been said about the budget etc, I just don't necessarily believe everything is as rigid as that. 

I would be un McGlynn like not to use that market and factor it in to the planning. 

13 hours ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

Would be crazy signing Todorov. Far too similar to Maciver.

I think that's the point we don't have a similar replacement should MacIver get injured and like MacIver I think he's been thrown in at centre half in emergencies aswell. Makes sense to me but he'll probably end up at Morton or Queens Park.

Would be surprised if we aren't in for Todorov. Very similar to MacIver which is exactly what McGlynn will be looking for imo 

If we don't sign Todorov I reckon McGlynn will pull two v. sexy loan deals out the bag in August/ September

18 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Would be surprised if we aren't in for Todorov. Very similar to MacIver which is exactly what McGlynn will be looking for imo 

If we don't sign Todorov I reckon McGlynn will pull two v. sexy loan deals out the bag in August/ September

He's left Airdrie due to him not being the guaranteed starter I doubt we'll be signing him.

1 hour ago, Hampden Roar said:

By severance I’m meaning the remainder of his contract, in Allan’s case if he was transferred, the player would be entitled to the remainder of his contract paid, but would probably negotiate a severance of some sort if he was fine leaving. By doing a loan it’s probably better financially for us, and with the budgets tight saves paying a lump sum to the player if either a transfer or a “mutual” agreed.

If he was going to ICT or queens it's likely  we wouldn't have to pay anything. They agree a transfer with us then they talk to the player. They would then simply pay him what we are . It won't be much after all. Clyde won't pay him full time wages so he isn't going to go to them unless we pay him off. Best deal for us would've been a full time free transfer.

33 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

If he was going to ICT or queens it's likely  we wouldn't have to pay anything. They agree a transfer with us then they talk to the player. They would then simply pay him what we are . It won't be much after all. Clyde won't pay him full time wages so he isn't going to go to them unless we pay him off. Best deal for us would've been a full time free transfer.

I'd be very surprised if Clyde aren't paying the vast majority, if not all of his wages which is supposedly what we were holding out for. 

Will probably make him their highest paid player but they'll see it as a worthwhile gamble if his goals get them up. 8 in 16 games last season for them and they look to have recruited well this summer with guys like Tommy Robson and Lee Connelly which will give him more chances 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

4 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Sure that the problem with QOTS and ICT is that both would involve substantial amount of travel and i heard that he did not want that.

Queen's do most of their training in the central belt as far as I know so would hardly be that much. Not as if it's Ross county. The fact he's happy to play in league 2 perhaps sums him up.

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

Queen's do most of their training in the central belt as far as I know so would hardly be that much. Not as if it's Ross county. The fact he's happy to play in league 2 perhaps sums him up.

Perhaps like myself he does not drive?

2 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Perhaps like myself he does not drive?

So he gets a lift off one of his teammates. How does he get to Falkirk or Hamilton?

Edited by Shodwall cat

Ultimately he's not our main striker and it hasn't been a case of a demonstrably being overlooked in favour of an underperformer.

It's not worked, he's gone to Clyde as the best solution and we all move on as it's best for all parties.

Hopefully we can bring someone else in now.

19 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Yep, that’s correct. I’ve seen them destroying (I mean using) the gym I use often enough…..

While I'm confident McGlynn will bring in someone decent to replace Allan, Matthew Wright was another that wasn't a success.  Most of his signings have been good, not all.  

Hoping we don't sign Todorov.  Thought he was quite sh*te last time with us.  

Positive someone posted on our thread asking when the Pars Vs Falkirk tickets were going on sale. Can't find the message or even my response.

Anyway, whoever it was - the club have confirmed that they'll be on sale from early next week.

Edited by The Toun Clock