The Falkirk FC Thread

9 hours ago, Enigma said:

Me, strange?
Β 

Right, I’ve actually listened to this now and seeing as I’ve been unfairly called out as the worst poster on this forum on some podcast I thought I’d just do my own research as to whether it’s a fair claim.Β 

It seems people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.

I might be guilty of enjoying the occasional wind up on here but I tend to stay well away from rampant homophobia. Bottom of the barrel stuff indeed…

Β 

Β 

Heads gone. It is his opinion not for you to judge whether you are the best or worst.Β 

Re Dickinson - thought he lived up to his reputation for arrogance as you could see he was irked when players were pointing out the inconsistent outcomes of similar fouls.

The "fouls" that annoyed me most were the ones he gave to Hearts players for clearly handling after they fell over feigning contact.

Boateng and Kingsley with technique that would make Tom Daley proud!πŸŠβ€β™‚οΈ

Edited by Blame Me
Context

10 hours ago, Craig1876 said:

Personally, I would rather have had Spartans at home and then Dundee Utd in the semi final and have a chance of winning a trophy than everyone getting all Leeds United about banking a few quid. That opportunity would have still got us a pile of cash. It’s about our club winning, that’s what I care about. It’s a bit hypocritical slaughtering the old firm then creaming ourselves when we draw them and get a few quid.

I think we’ve already outperformed expectations in this cup.

Obviously drawing Spartans would have been good but by the same token, we could have had Dundee, made next to f**k all and went out anyway.

13 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Re Dickinson - thought he lived up to his reputation for arrogance as you could see he was irked when players were pointing out the inconsistent outcomes of similar fouls.

The "fouls" that annoyed me most were the ones he gave to Hearts players for clearly handling after they fell over feigning contact.

Boateng and Kingsley with technique that would make Tom Daley proud!πŸŠβ€β™‚οΈ

Mid second half, I said during the game on here too, he just let the Hearts players start deciding when they would like play stopped. There was a spell of 3 or 4 of those that were genuinely embarrassing.Β 

16 minutes ago, Ontovictory said:

Wouldn’t touch the sides unfortunatelyΒ 

I haven’t seen the exact figures but I’d assume we are on the hook for the costs of dismantling the plastic pitch, installing a grass pitch, costs of having to train away from TFS and lost revenue from not being able to rent out the pitch.

Β 

Is it even worth going up?Β 

4 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

I haven’t seen the exact figures but I’d assume we are on the hook for the costs of dismantling the plastic pitch, installing a grass pitch, costs of having to train away from TFS and lost revenue from not being able to rent out the pitch.

Β 

Is it even worth going up?Β 

That's what the f**kers in the Premiership want, all the clubs in the Championship to give up. We mustn't let them win!

The ref was f**king horrendous. No issue with our bookings but he gave Hearts every single soft free kick going, even some blatant non fouls, whereas didn't award us half a dozen clear freekicks. Very quick with our yellow and red cards but shat out of booking Dhanda for the worst dive you'll ever see and the red card for Vargas. By contrast he couldnt wait to send Shanley off - yes his boot was high but he made minimal contact with Kingsley and was clearly going for the ball. Felt we had a very good shout for a penalty in the first half as well. Hopelessly inconsistent throughout and assume MacIver got booked for telling him that. Cant remember a ref being booed off like that at half time in a while. Could tell Donaldson was hugely frustrated as well. Every bit as bad as Iain Sneddon who for me is the worst ref in Scotland. That was a victory very much in spite of the referee, hopefully we don't have him again for a long time.Β 

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

The ref was f**king horrendous. No issue with our bookings but he gave Hearts every single soft free kick going, even some blatant non fouls, whereas didn't award us half a dozen clear freekicks. Very quick with our yellow and red cards but shat out of booking Dhanda for the worst dive you'll ever see and the red card for Vargas. By contrast he couldnt wait to send Shanley off - yes his boot was high but he made minimal contact with Kingsley and was clearly going for the ball. Felt we had a very good shout for a penalty in the first half as well. Hopelessly inconsistent throughout and assume MacIver got booked for telling him that. Cant remember a ref being booed off like that at half time in a while. Could tell Donaldson was hugely frustrated as well. Every bit as bad as Iain Sneddon who for me is the worst ref in Scotland. That was a victory very much in spite of the referee, hopefully we don't have him again for a long time.Β 

Totally agree, wasn’t until we went two up we got decisions going our way.Β 

8 hours ago, MrDust said:

Personally thought the ref had a decent game and all the yellows were deserved.

Personally think Spencer made the most of the shove like most players do in that scenario, only idiot refs send players off for that.

I've also seen players sent off for the challenge Mackie made for his bookingΒ 

Extreme nit picking faults for the ref who for me was a Bobby DazzlerΒ 

I can only assume you're trolling. He had an absolute shocker and was deservedly booed off at half-time.

Don't want to detract from the players, management and fans though, all absolute first class.. TFS finally feels like home.Β 

Apologies for the random question but, does anyone know why there's no league fixtures above the Highland and Lowland league on 7th September? I know there's internationals on but surely that wouldn't impact the championship?

I'm wondering if the Livi game may be brought forward to then? Otherwise after Saturday we've no home game until 5th October!

(Please don't see this as finding something to moan about, it's a curiosity and a hope the Livi games moves forward as opposed to back).

Β 

13 minutes ago, One off poster said:

Apologies for the random question but, does anyone know why there's no league fixtures above the Highland and Lowland league on 7th September? I know there's internationals on but surely that wouldn't impact the championship?

I'm wondering if the Livi game may be brought forward to then? Otherwise after Saturday we've no home game until 5th October!

(Please don't see this as finding something to moan about, it's a curiosity and a hope the Livi games moves forward as opposed to back).

Β 

R3 of the SPFL Trust Trophy. The draw is today @ 3PM:Β SPFL Trust Trophy R3 draw today | SPFL

We are ball #11.

Incidentally, quite sad that you felt this might get criticisedΒ πŸ™„. Anyone should be able to ask questions - it's the answers that should be scrutinised...

Edited by Blame Me

35 minutes ago, Bula Bairn said:

I can only assume you're trolling. He had an absolute shocker and was deservedly booed off at half-time.

Don't want to detract from the players, management and fans though, all absolute first class.. TFS finally feels like home.Β 

I agree. He was horrificΒ 

12 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

R3 of the SPFL Trust Trophy. The draw is today @ 3PM:Β SPFL Trust Trophy R3 draw today | SPFL

We are ball #11.

Incidentally, quite sad that you felt this might get criticisedΒ πŸ™„. Anyone should be able to ask questions - it's the answers that should be scrutinised...

Thank you! Fingers crossed for a home draw.Β 

Not to fussed about receiving criticism myself but just hoped my comment on a lack of home games didn't seem negative.

OUT NOW!

πŸ†•πŸŽ™οΈEP:93 SIPPING EWEN CAMERON’S TEARS

πŸ”΅ Review the League Cup win over Hearts with Bairns fan @richard_lindsay πŸ†
βšͺ️ Sammy returns! πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡Ή
πŸ”΅ Ross MacIver extension ✍🏻
βšͺ️ LIVE reaction to the QF draw πŸ€
πŸ”΅ Preview Partick Thistle (H) with David from @DrawLoseOrDraw podcast πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺ &Β 
βšͺ️ All the latest FFC News πŸ—žοΈ

πŸ“Ί πŸŽ§πŸ“±falkirkdaft.co.uk

Thanks to our sponsors Falkirk FFIT T8’s & Behind The Wall 🀝🏼

FB40140A-DBF0-41BD-A591-8D69BD4A94DB.thumb.jpeg.78336da02f8e1a32751d53b653e1181e.jpeg

14 hours ago, bejazz1 said:

It’s kinda unbelievable the transformation at this football club over the last couple of years. The profile of the club is rising at an incredible level that none of us could ever imaging in our lifetime due to the damage done in the last 7/8 years and some more.Β 
There are so many factors that make this club an absolutely f***ing magnificent place to be at this time and most of us probably thought couldn’t be bettered after last season but this club continues to get better and better and there are so many factors that have made this possible, we are stronger with a remarkable growing feel good factor.Β 
Sometimes I feel that we need to pinch ourselves and I remember looking about the stadium yesterday and at EEP last week and shaking my head and thinking what the f*** has happened here? Even going back to 2016/17 TFS felt like a morgue sometimes and you could hear pin drop.Β 
The young lads of the Ultras have made a huge difference to the club, energy, atmosphere, togetherness, synergy with the management and players and we appear to be as one in everything we do all moving in the same direction.Β 
Absolutely Incredible. What a happy place we are in just now and I think there is more to come!

Β WELL DONE TO EVERYONE CONNECTED TO THE CLUB

🎢FALKIRK FC…THE NAVY BLUE ARE WE🎢

As for the Ultra's in a few years time and they start breeding the next generation of support telling of grand times and good days out. But joking apart having so many young people being together and passionate about the club can only be good for the future and a commendable initiative by the club. Long term in 30-40 years time ex Ultras will be on the board of the club and that future proofs the club.

Word of caution though! other clubs have had 'Ultra' problems as they become a law unto themselves, damaging the club they support. So the importance of good relations and ensuring they have a meaningful voice will help avoid that scenario.

2 minutes ago, grumpyoldman said:

Love to see what Dickinson’s report says with regards to the Vargas booking.

As far as I’m concerned the it looked like he momentarily lost the plot.

Should have been a straight red

He'd already totally lost it when after Mackie (professionally) fouled him? Craig Gordon had to have a wordΒ 

51 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

OUT NOW!

πŸ†•πŸŽ™οΈEP:93 SIPPING EWEN CAMERON’S TEARS

πŸ”΅ Review the League Cup win over Hearts with Bairns fan @richard_lindsay πŸ†
βšͺ️ Sammy returns! πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡Ή
πŸ”΅ Ross MacIver extension ✍🏻
βšͺ️ LIVE reaction to the QF draw πŸ€
πŸ”΅ Preview Partick Thistle (H) with David from @DrawLoseOrDraw podcast πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺ &Β 
βšͺ️ All the latest FFC News πŸ—žοΈ

πŸ“Ί πŸŽ§πŸ“±falkirkdaft.co.uk

Thanks to our sponsors Falkirk FFIT T8’s & Behind The Wall 🀝🏼

FB40140A-DBF0-41BD-A591-8D69BD4A94DB.thumb.jpeg.78336da02f8e1a32751d53b653e1181e.jpeg

Will second Richard Lindsay's Reuben Sammut call. Would also be my worst ever.