The Falkirk FC Thread

15 hours ago, spratte said:

That miss aside I thought he played well and is such an important squad player for us. Might not always set the heather alight but never has a shite game 

Every team needs a player that just grinds out good consistent performances week after week in their team

Two cracking goals yesterday but moment of the match for me was big Adams bringing the ball down on the right wing and completely bamboozling the Patrick boy who was expecting it to go out for a throw. Brilliant.

6 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Celtic look the slickest team I’ve seen in Scotland since, probably Rodgers last time here. Anything but a spanking would be some result 

Totally off topic, and a bit vomit inducing tbh, but could easily see them doing an unbeaten season for a treble, such is the gap atm. 

3 hours ago, kiddy said:

Nothing new, when you have more than half a stand trying to access through 2 turnstiles; as we found on ‘trophy day’*.

Even at 10 per minute, through both gates, it would take 50 mins to get half the stand in. All turning up 15-20 mins before a game & expecting to get in, for KO, ain’t gonna happen. 

*We we’re queued back round to the ticket office, that day, at 14.10 & managed to get in 5 mins before KO.

100% I know there’ll be some of our fans saying who gives a shit about away fans but I’m not one of them. 
I think it’s good for the club getting extra people through the door to support their team. However I do genuinely feel that as club supporters the experience going to the game either home or away should be positive for everyone so come on FFC - Let’s get the turnstiles opened when required and I suppose the onus is on fans to turn up on time except through unforeseen circumstances. 
I don’t think as a club we are that strapped of cash or indeed volunteers. 

Edited by bejazz1

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

Celtic look the slickest team I’ve seen in Scotland since, probably Rodgers last time here. Anything but a spanking would be some result 

St mirren have been absolutely stinking mind you. Goalkeeper should've saved the first one. Only a few hundred more at that game than we got yesterday too.

Don’t want to get ahead of ourselves, but can’t help but feeling this league is here for the taking. No “big teams” with a far superior budget. Something not right with Raith, both on and off the park. Partick thistle have had a terrible start and really don’t look up to much. Dunfermline are going down. Ayr do look good but there’s no reason why we can’t compete with them. Use some of this Celtic game money, add a couple of players to provide us with some depth and anything is possible. 

11 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

100% I know there’ll be some of our fans saying who gives a shit about away fans but I’m not one of them. 
I think it’s good for the club getting extra people through the door to support their team. However I do genuinely feel that as club supporters the experience going to the game either home or away should be positive for everyone so come on FFC - Let’s get the turnstiles opened when required and I suppose the onus is on fans to turn up on time except through unforeseen circumstances. 
I don’t think Asa club we’re that strapped of cash or indeed volunteers. 

I don't think any supporter would be thinking about that, I think after the last 5 season we understand being on the receiving end Edinburgh City as an Example but the same time you also see the other side where the folk/supporters of Montrose (you tube and footy adventures) were thanking the Falkirk supporters for the boost.

It's about the image you want to have portrayed to the opposition no different.  I don't doubt for a second the club will have learned from this, but given this is our first outing back in the championship we get a gauge of what clubs are going to bring a decent away support I think we already know that Dunfermline, Raith and Partick will bring decent size supports the rest we'll find out by the time we have played each team at home.

1 minute ago, Big chungus said:

Don’t want to get ahead of ourselves, but can’t help but feeling this league is here for the taking. No “big teams” with a far superior budget. Something not right with Raith, both on and off the park. Partick thistle have had a terrible start and really don’t look up to much. Dunfermline are going down. Ayr do look good but there’s no reason why we can’t compete with them. Use some of this Celtic game money, add a couple of players to provide us with some depth and anything is possible. 

Avoiding injuries is going to be the biggest thing for us this season. Thistle have a first team squad of 26 which means they can still put out a decent side with quite a few players missing. I'm not sure we could at present if we had 6 or 7 out at any point. Otherwise nothing to fear.

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Avoiding injuries is going to be the biggest thing for us this season. Thistle have a first team squad of 26 which means they can still put out a decent side with quite a few players missing. I'm not sure we could at present if we had 6 or 7 out at any point. Otherwise nothing to fear.

Yeah you do need to have a bit of luck with injuries to gain promotion. However, we also must expect that at any one point in the season we will have 5 or 6 players not available for selection. That’s football, it happens. I think adding one or two more to give us more depth and cover future injuries is a necessity.

14 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Challenging some others that clearly were up for trouble. 

One part of football I can’t be arsed with, it’s gone on for years though and the majority grow out of it with maturity. Just go and support your team and leave all that shite behind whether it was Falkirk or Thistle fans.

24 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I don't think any supporter would be thinking about that, I think after the last 5 season we understand being on the receiving end Edinburgh City as an Example but the same time you also see the other side where the folk/supporters of Montrose (you tube and footy adventures) were thanking the Falkirk supporters for the boost.

Totally. As an away fan I expect to be treated well, and will be raging when it doesn't happen, so as a sensible adult I expect that we extend the same courtesy to other away fans. I'm not talking about turning it into some cuddly friends league, like for example, letting Dunfermline fans in top set up a TIFO pissed me off. Giving more than the NS to arse cheeks pissed me off, but logistically speaking, I expect away fans to get what they pay us for. (smooth access to see the invincibles chokeslam their diddy outfit, and smooth egress from 70 minutes onwards if you're a jambo)

Scottish Football is generally punctuated by a disregard by the fans, be it from the governing bodies, the media or the Police. The last thing that should be happening is the clubs being involved in that too. 

26 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

In his FTV interview Brad Spencer lets the word "also" slip out when saying Partick see themselves as challengers.  He back peddles later but I think it shows how much confidence is in the squad at the moment and that there is a feeling we can beat anyone in this league.  

Every team in the league will be running tight squads. Therefore, the more flexibility the players have to play in different positions the bigger the advantage over the season. There is only one player who we do not have a like for like replacement for the inevitable injury - suspension - McIvor. That bodes well when we go looking for either a signing or a loan player with a nod and a wink - you will get your chance. Going to be interesting on who we bring in.

21 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Totally. As an away fan I expect to be treated well, and will be raging when it doesn't happen, so as a sensible adult I expect that we extend the same courtesy to other away fans. I'm not talking about turning it into some cuddly friends league, like for example, letting Dunfermline fans in top set up a TIFO pissed me off. Giving more than the NS to arse cheeks pissed me off, but logistically speaking, I expect away fans to get what they pay us for. (smooth access to see the invincibles chokeslam their diddy outfit, and smooth egress from 70 minutes onwards if you're a jambo)

Scottish Football is generally punctuated by a disregard by the fans, be it from the governing bodies, the media or the Police. The last thing that should be happening is the clubs being involved in that too. 

i waited to respond to this as i wanted to check with somebody ITK. the norm in football is the home club takes the advice and details  from the visiting clubs on a whole range of things and needs, likes buses, parking, disability access, banning orders, risk of trouble and predicted attendance usually based on how many travelled in the weeks before. in this case PT turned up with nearly 40% more people than the club were told by the PT reps earlier in the week and all with ten to fifteen minutes or so to go, prob because of the traffic. this ties up with a number of the comments earlier. it did lead to a shit outcome fro the PT fans outside and bad press for the club. perhaps the lesson is to have no PATG and make it all ticket. 

45 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Agree, we’ve started off really well (team looks absolutely togetherness) but feet on the ground. We’re lucky that we can switch/interchange Miller Ross Morrison and Alfie. Defensively we cannot change the back four, as strong a back four I’ve seen (can argue who is the best LB, but Mackie yesterday looked the slot is now his since signing) my concern is the two positions - CB & CF. With no signs of Lang returning, and hopefully McIver stays injury free, these are the slots I’d bring in cover for,  if we could get some of the Tic tie money. That apart if we can stay relatively injury free, I don’t think we’ll be far away. 

1 hour ago, bejazz1 said:

I don’t think as a club we are that strapped of cash or indeed volunteers. 

Many things you could level criticism at regarding match day prep but honestly don't believe much could be done yesterday. As said on the match thread - opening the other side has consequences and the queues can't all be levelled at something going wrong on the clubs end.