The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Especially when the transfer window is nearly shut will there be any chance of a last minute loan deal and/or Miller signing an extension?

Loan market is end of September for teams outside the Premiership 

Edited by BPM

7 hours ago, GMBairn said:

Not sure this forum is the correct one to discuss the clubs political stance and support for the British govt. And forces.

If anyone has grievances they should probably get in touch with the club directly and they could potentially poll the support through FSS or something to see if the wider support approves or disapproves of it.

Can you explain how signing up to a covenant to give someone leaving the forces an equal chance of a job or not discriminating against them Is the club supporting the govt ? 

This is effectively the Armed Forces Covenant:

The Armed Forces Covenant is a promise by the nation ensuring that those who serve or have served in the Armed Forces, and their families, are treated fairly.

or would you rather we just not bother about them and deny them medical treatment or chances of a job etc. I've known guys I served with that when going for housing were told "your making yourself homeless by leaving the forces and weren't entitled to a house" and that was a married guy with kids and that was Falkirk Council who told him that.

I get the fact this topic has deviated from Falkirk and football due to a post but signing up to say you'll give someone an equal chance and not discriminate against them for a job they done in the past is not supporting the British Govt its not supporting any conflict or glorifying war. The club has been good in supporting Armed forces day and also in remembrance of Remembrance Day it doesn't change anything that they are doing.

For those who have got annoyed about the club announcing that, have a look into the Armed forces covenant,  do your research before getting annoyed about it its not as i we are going to play the national anthem before each game make everyone stand and make the ultras sing "god save the king" remove the league 1 flag and replace it with a Union Flag or remove the 2 falkirk badges on either side of the stadium and replace them with huge murals of the King. Have a word with yourself . 

Because honestly if you feel that former forces should be discriminated against and castigated for a job they done or you think its about supporting the govt etc then either way there's 2 clubs in Glasgow you might feel better with.

2 hours ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

Just headed out for the dayshift, had to drive past Stadium and there were a few people outside the club shop. Must be an early queue for Celtic tickets.

Someone posted a picture on X a short while ago, about 25 in the queue at that point - about 730am - 2hrs before the shop opens 👏🏻

51 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Someone posted a picture on X a short while ago, about 25 in the queue at that point - about 730am - 2hrs before the shop opens 👏🏻

Going to need to open some turnstiles 🤣

We Falkirk fans absolutely love any opportunity to queue!

1 hour ago, Hughsie said:

Each to their own but I’d say queuing up at 07:30 is maybe a bit excessive. 

I wasn't one of the super-early folk but realistic enough to admit that I've probably queued longer for a ticket than we've got left in the competition 🙄

Football, eh!

2 hours ago, Hughsie said:

Each to their own but I’d say queuing up at 07:30 is maybe a bit excessive. 

Maybe so you can get a ticket before work?

Actually scratch that if the shop doesn't open until 0930 😄

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

4 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Can you explain how signing up to a covenant to give someone leaving the forces an equal chance of a job or not discriminating against them Is the club supporting the govt ? 

The Armed Forces Covenant is a promise by the nation ensuring that those who serve or have served in the Armed Forces, and their families, are treated fairly.

or would you rather we just not bother about them and deny them medical treatment or chances of a job etc. I've known guys I served with that when going for housing were told "your making yourself homeless by leaving the forces and weren't entitled to a house" and that was a married guy with kids and that was Falkirk Council who told him that.

I get the fact this topic has deviated from Falkirk and football due to a post but signing up to say you'll give someone an equal chance and not discriminate against them for a job they done in the past is not supporting the British Govt its not supporting any conflict or glorifying war. The club has been good in supporting Armed forces day and also in remembrance of Remembrance Day it doesn't change anything that they are doing.

For those who have got annoyed about the club announcing that, have a look into the Armed forces covenant,  do your research before getting annoyed about it its not as i we are going to play the national anthem before each game make everyone stand and make the ultras sing "god save the king" remove the league 1 flag and replace it with a Union Flag or remove the 2 falkirk badges on either side of the stadium and replace them with huge murals of the King. Have a word with yourself . 

Because honestly if you feel that former forces should be discriminated against and castigated for a job they done or you think its about supporting the govt etc then either way there's 2 clubs in Glasgow you might feel better with.

I'm not the slightest bit annoyed about it but there is no point pretending that things like the covenant or armed forces day has nothing to do with politics especially in a country like Scotland.

Like I said this isn't an appropriate forum to really discuss what the club should/shouldn't do and I don't know if HSW comments represent a small or large section of the fan base but it is potentially something the club should get an understanding off if they are going to get a negative reaction to it so they can respond however they think appropriate.

I can't imagine there is wide concern in the support as I think most people won't give a f**k.

3 minutes ago, MulsonFFC said:

Anyone been in for tickets (or called for tickets) and know if you get an option of restricted view or non-restricted view?

Or is it just take what going?

Club says they’re forced to sell the tickets in the order Celtic gave them. 

I’ve moved to England in the last week to live so driving to Falkirk to pick up a ticket is a non-event for me. I’ve called and left an answer machine message and followed up as suggested with an email. I’ll be interested to see if this system works or not: if I can’t go because I can’t get a ticket then I’m gonna be rather pissed off. I never miss a game unless I am ill. 

Edited by Roboccop

4 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Spot on. I can't really believe it's an issue as it's just about being an employer who treats staff as human being and recognises that some people have more shit to deal with than others. 

When I first started working many moons ago there was guy straight out the army started at the same time as me. 6 months later he was back in army. It's another world and takes adjustment to get into the world that most of know and everyone who needs support to make that adjustment should get it.

It's not political, it's human.

42 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

I'm not the slightest bit annoyed about it but there is no point pretending that things like the covenant or armed forces day has nothing to do with politics especially in a country like Scotland.

Like I said this isn't an appropriate forum to really discuss what the club should/shouldn't do and I don't know if HSW comments represent a small or large section of the fan base but it is potentially something the club should get an understanding off if they are going to get a negative reaction to it so they can respond however they think appropriate.

I can't imagine there is wide concern in the support as I think most people won't give a f**k.

What the f..k is politcal about wanting to treat someone as an equal ?,  

we treat junkies and terrorists with more humanity.

22 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Whilst i hate the governments that drive their countries to war and conflict i also have great respect for those sent to fight in them. This is what supporting veterans and armed FORCES is about

I agree and my post made it clear FFC has got the balance right. 

I think even if Celtic were insisting on physical tickets, the club could’ve just sold on the ticketing platform like a normal game and then people could have used that to exchange for a physical ticket in the shop at their leisure.

Probably a good reason for that I suppose but doing it this way isn’t ideal for folk who work.

Will see what’s left when I get there later tonight.