The Falkirk FC Thread

Given how many players we are missing it's not a huge shock we've been below our best in what seems to have been a poor game.

A great run and let's hope we've got a few players back and can start a new one next week. 

What you've probably seen today is what the top end of this league is going to be like. Dragged into a shitty game where two squads of good players turned in a bit of a stinker and ultimately the game gets won with the only shot on target. Pretty grim stuff but quite incredible that one of those hasn't happened already. The table will tighten right up in the coming weeks IMO.

1 minute ago, HonestAl said:

No need for this, you’re not supporting the blue arsecheek now.

The stats *are* abysmal though. Not a single shot on target is really really poor. We seemed allergic to hitting a shot all game and I don't know why.

I applaud the players for this magical run and it's something I'll never forget. I'm just so bitterly disappointed that this is how it ends - to a bang average side that made no attempt to play football the entire match. We didn't do ourselves justice at all today.

Think theres a real moment of hard work coming up now for McGlynn to hopefully get it right. Finally undone by what amounts to running out of steam/fit players to go and win a tough game. Next week will also be tough. We need to get back on the horse to avoid slipping back into the pack and getting into the all too common Championship mode of being totally unable to avoid nonsense results. 

Positives today.... Luke Graham slotted in fine and looked like hel fit the McGlynn system. Moreso if he plays on the left alongside Coll. And Keelan Adams was defensively very solid today in a busy shift. 

Glaring negative. We 100% have to sign someone to cover Maciver or else we have to change the system without him. 

A ridiculous time to be a bairn. Thank you to this team, a lifetime of memories provided in about 18 months. Only really stopped by an injury crisis that was bound to happen eventually. The navy blue army. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Think theres a real moment of hard work coming up now for McGlynn to hopefully get it right. Finally undone by what amounts to running out of steam/fit players to go and win a tough game. Next week will also be tough. We need to get back on the horse to avoid slipping back into the pack and getting into the all too common Championship mode of being totally unable to avoid nonsense results. 

Positives today.... Luke Graham slotted in fine and looked like hel fit the McGlynn system. Moreso if he plays on the left alongside Coll. And Keelan Adams was defensively very solid today in a busy shift. 

Glaring negative. We 100% have to sign someone to cover Maciver or else we have to change the system without him. 

Hendo's been making a lot of mistakes lately and I wonder if the plan will be to play Graham alongside Coll.

First thing’s first, everyone involved in the invincible run deserves thanks. There’s a reason nothing like it has ever been done in the club’s history before and probably never will be again. 

Bit of a funny game to lose it but think injuries have just caught up with us. Really poor first half hour but felt we were the better side after that. Lacked a bit of quality in the final third but had two good chances to score.

Goes without saying that McKenna isn’t the answer up front. Need another option in there as cover for Maciver. A few others weren’t at their best today either though- Tait and Mackie in particular were wasteful in possession.

Alfie wasn’t the player we’ve seen in the last few weeks but still offered a thread. Ross is our most popular player and can’t fault his running but feel there’s no end product there a lot of the time.

4 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Very cheap squad filler. The reality is to get someone who can be at Ross MacIver's level will cost money we don't have. 

Don’t think we’ll get someone at Maciver’s level but I do think we need someone who can play a similar role. Shanley will be on buttons but ultimately don’t think he’s good enough, even in the back up role.

1 minute ago, ElectricWire said:

hahahahhahahahshhahahahahahahahhahahhahahah.

Yes beating a bunch of sparkies and teachers on £20 a week a week and winning a few games at the start of the championship is definitely legendary. So small time. 

If it's so easy to do then how come Rangers are the only other team to do it in the lower leagues? Dunno why I'm even biting at this utter nonsense 🤣

5 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

If it's so easy to do then how come Rangers are the only other team to do it in the lower leagues? Dunno why I'm even biting at this utter nonsense 🤣

He joined 15 minutes ago, just to post this.  Ooft.

Just now, PedroMoutinho said:

Ross is one of, if not our most popular, player. I can see why as you can’t fault his effort but I don’t think his end product is of the same quality as our other wingers much of the time.

I have never seen anything to suggest hes more or even as popular as Morrison, Miller or Agyeman. All of the players in this side are popular with the fans, just seems a really weird distinction to make for Ross

15 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Don’t think we’ll get someone at Maciver’s level but I do think we need someone who can play a similar role. Shanley will be on buttons but ultimately don’t think he’s good enough, even in the back up role.

I think this is easy to say but hard to do. 

I'm just not sure there's quality out there we can get unless it's an untried young player from a bigger club and even then that's a big risk to start him straight into the side.

I don't think McKenna is any better than Shanley at this stage of his career either. 

I think we're just f**ked if MacIver misses any substantial time.