The Falkirk FC Thread

Hope we sell Flynn, even for a small fee. With The c**t in charge, will be another season of going backwards for him next time out.

Perhaps a better manager (which is pretty much anyone bar The c**t) will be able to bring some consistency out of him.

Edited by H_B

The Facebook thread makes me laugh and saddens me in equal measure.

Withot meaning to sound like a stuck up arse, it's funny that everyone defending Pressley seems to be illiterate.

EDIT: It was inevitable I would make a typo/spelling mistake when writing that. I'm not going to bother editing it.

Edited by Marshmallo

The Facebook thread makes me laugh and saddens me in equal measure.

Withot meaning to sound like a stuck up arse, it's funny that everyone defending Pressley seems to be illiterate.

I've noticed most of them seem to be female too.

Edited by ditots

I've noticed most of them seem to be female too.

Female and middle-aged.

As you both seem near as dam it middle aged I will just assume you are both sexist!!

And yes before you go poking around previous posts I have defended pressley, I do not agree with his tactics or lack of them at times however I do support FFC irrespective of who is in the managers seat.

Edited by BlondeBairn

As you both seem near as dam it middle aged I will just assume you are both sexist!!

I don't think it's sexist to point out that most of the people defending Pressley on the Facebook page are women - it's the truth.

And yes before you go poking around previous posts I have defended pressley, I do not agree with his tactics or lack of them at times however I do support FFC irrespective of who is in the managers seat.

And there we have the crux of the argument of the Middle-Aged Woman's Pressley Supporters Club - that just because certain people do not want Pressley as manager it means we're not proper "supporters" of the club.

You'd do well to remember that not only are we supporters of the club, we're arguably the sort of supporters the club needs, rather than blind yes-men or yes-women who think that the club can do no wrong.

People like you need to realise that the appointment of a manager is the number one effect on the performance of the players, and directly the attendance at games and the money sponsors are willing to pay - and it's the attendance at games and sponsor money that keeps the club alive. Keep employing a shite manager and attendances fall, sponsors stop paying and before you know it there is a real risk of going concern.

Persevering with Pressley when we shouldn't have has already almost fucked the club financially into oblivion, but you can't see that at all - you're too busy thinking you're some kind of uberfan because you cheer on the team regardless of what imbecile is in charge.

And there we have the crux of the argument of the Middle-Aged Woman's Pressley Supporters Club - that just because certain people do not want Pressley as manager it means we're not proper "supporters" of the club.

You'd do well to remember that not only are we supporters of the club, we're arguably the sort of supporters the club needs, rather than blind yes-men or yes-women who think that the club can do no wrong.

People like you need to realise that the appointment of a manager is the number one effect on the performance of the players, and directly the attendance at games and the money sponsors are willing to pay - and it's the attendance at games and sponsor money that keeps the club alive. Keep employing a shite manager and attendances fall, sponsors stop paying and before you know it there is a real risk of going concern.

Persevering with Pressley when we shouldn't have has already almost fucked the club financially into oblivion, but you can't see that at all - you're too busy thinking you're some kind of uberfan because you cheer on the team regardless of what imbecile is in charge.

Spot on post.

Spot on post.

I dare say you'll have probably seen similar arguments a few times as a Raith fan!

It's always the same, though.

Middle-Aged Woman: Lookin 4wd 2 next season COYB

Me: Will be there next season as usual, but Pressley is not going to bring us success, his track record is terrible.

Middle-Aged Woman: OMG why dnt you watch the shire, cld do without fans like you. Support the team COYB

I don't think it's sexist to point out that most of the people defending Pressley on the Facebook page are women - it's the truth.

Really can't not be arsed putting on my computer to argue all your points separately. I will conceed your point that most of the FB followers are female and I am not an "uber blinded follower" however everyone is entitled to an opinion irrespective of sex or age that should never have been raised.

The board appointed him for there own reasons and I think his appointment will seriously impact on the season ticket sales leaving the fans concerned as to the general wellbeing and long term future of the club we will no doubt have to bail out.

Unfortunatly we will just have to agree to disagree on our defence or attack on pressley.

I would like to see him prove you and the doubters wrong however sadly come December I fear you will have been correct all along.

Really can't not be arsed putting on my computer to argue all your points separately. I will conceed your point that most of the FB followers are female and I am not an "uber blinded follower" however everyone is entitled to an opinion irrespective of sex or age that should never have been raised.

Okay... so you will concede that saying that most of the Pressley supporters are female is, in fact, correct and not sexist?

The board appointed him for there own reasons

We will have no idea of the 'true' reasons they appointed him. I was mystified why they gave him this season after his dreadful management skills at the tail-end of last season - why they have decided to give him another year after this season's shambles utterly bemuses me.

and I think his appointment will seriously impact on the season ticket sales leaving the fans concerned as to the general wellbeing and long term future of the club we will no doubt have to bail out.

Which backs up EXACTLY what I have been saying all along. Football clubs aren't run on nostalgia or fan power any more - they're run on money. Cold, hard, cash. Appoint a crap manager and crowds tail off, sponsors don't renew contracts and before long you're in administration.

Unfortunatly we will just have to agree to disagree on our defence or attack on pressley.

Why? You've already admitted yourself that appointing him could have a serious detriment on ticket sales. Supporting him blindly when the very future of the club is at stake is completely foolish.

I would like to see him prove you and the doubters wrong however sadly come December I fear you will have been correct all along.

We shall see.

FWIW, I would actually love him to prove me wrong too.

Edited by Gaz

I do agree with blonde bairn that the age or sex of the sympathisers isn't really relevant at all.

It's not, no - I was merely contending her point that saying that most of the Pressley defenders are women is sexist, when really it's correct!

I do agree with blonde bairn that the age or sex of the sympathisers isn't really relevant at all.

THANK YOU.

The token "middle aged female" had taken offence!

I have been following the bairns since it was still "unconventional" for women to attend football matches.

I dare say you'll have probably seen similar arguments a few times as a Raith fan!

Me: Will be there next season as usual, but Pressley is not going to bring us success, his track record is terrible.

Middle-Aged Woman: OMG why dnt you watch the shire, cld do without fans like you. Support the team COYB

To be fair, this argument frequently crops up when the team plays badly. The 'trust the manager' or 'have faith' brigade come out and start belittling people for taking a dim view of things.

A couple of people in my newsfeed on FB went into semi-literate meltdowns when we lost to Dunfermline. Pretty much a carbon copy of the last sentence of your post, actually.

Actually, there was a woman who phoned Your Call after our 2-1 defeat in Falkirk who was saying the same sort of thing...surely it's not her?

Folk were being made to feel guilty about not travelling through to Firhill today when they had explained that they had affordance issues.

Some folk just like to make out that they are superfans.

I always try to look for the positives in my club but sometimes you just need to be realistic.

Actually, there was a woman who phoned Your Call after our 2-1 defeat in Falkirk who was saying the same sort of thing...surely it's not her?

Was her name Dawn? I would expect so. She turned up at the Falkirk fans' meeting a few weeks ago slavering some rubbish about Pressley doing a good job (needless to say just about everyone else shouted her down). I believe she's well-known for contacting the phone-ins claiming he'll be the next Alex Ferguson.

It wouldn't surprise me if she was the person with the "Well Done Elvis" banner I heard about.