The Falkirk FC Thread

I think folk are exaggerating the strength of the other teams in this division. Every team in the first division will be worse next season, it's not just us. I'm expect another mediocre title challenge (pretty much like this season) that will never really get going resulting in a second or third place finish. But to suggest we are more likely to be fighting out at the bottom rather than at the top is completely wrong.

Next season is one where we're more likely to be battling over the bottom two places rather than the top two. Thing is, that's actually ok.

Behave. We will be much closer to 1st than 10th. It's still the First Division we are talking about here, and we will still have one of the highest wage bills in the league.

We are all in agreement that Pressley is a useless incompetent, but even with that parameter known, he will struggle to be worse than 5th.

Murals up in the South Stand and look cracking!

well done to the brockville spirit,they look fantastic and hopefully inspire the team to promotion next season,if not promotion then maybe even playing with a bit of heart wouldn`t go a miss

Behave. We will be much closer to 1st than 10th. It's still the First Division we are talking about here, and we will still have one of the highest wage bills in the league.

We are all in agreement that Pressley is a useless incompetent, but even with that parameter known, he will struggle to be worse than 5th.

Oh 5th or sixth is where I expect us to finish, but in terms of points on the board, I reckon we'll be closer to 9th than 2nd. So not too much to behave about.

You've probably all gone on OneF to have a look (and pretended you never... :rolleyes: ) but the other side has Houstie, McGivern, Stainrod, Kenny Dawson, James, Barr, Arfield and Latapy.

Full marks to TBS guys - these look tremendous.

I dont have a OneF account. Any chance someone could post it up here please?

If we get a reasonable sum for him - bearing in mind he only has a year left - then I wouldn't mind him going. He's a fantastic little player on his day, one of the best, if not the best in the division, but he just wasn't in the game post-Xmas.

Mind you, after the first few months of the season every team more often than not, were putting two men on him, and he was marked out of games. His workrate is second to none, and he runs himself in to the ground each game - if only the rest of the players put in the same degree of effort.

He's destined for better things than the Scottish First Division, good luck to him if he does go.

Oh 5th or sixth is where I expect us to finish, but in terms of points on the board, I reckon we'll be closer to 9th than 2nd. So not too much to behave about.

Pray tell, who are all these teams who are suddenly going to improve and finish so far ahead of us.

Don't think its been mentioned on here but it looks like Flynn is on the move :(

http://sport.scotsma...aits.6771519.jp

I'm sure some token Hearts fan would be able to argue that everything is rosey (although I feel that would be much like the Dundee fans posturing about having no debt before they went into admin) but it does irk somewhat that yon article goes on to point out that 'the cash-strapped Bairns are unlikely to be difficult to deal with' when we are dealing with a club a couple of gazzillion pounds in the red !

I guess you could argue that three of them were better than us last season and that we will probably have a worse team than last ?

You could also argue that pretty much everyone in the league is going to have a worse team next season, look at the number of players being released across the board.

We finished 12 points off 1st and 25th off 9th, there's no logical reason to believe that sort of scenario will reverse next season, sheer negativity for the sake of it and nothing more.

Don't think its been mentioned on here but it looks like Flynn is on the move :(

http://sport.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Falkirk-winger-Ryan-Flynn-waits.6771519.jp

Thing is, I can't think where Hearts would play him? Don't know if Santana's moving but, if not, they'll have him, Driver, Templeton and Tahoul (if he signs) all vying for a similar position in the team. I don't think Ryan would even get on the pitch!

You've probably all gone on OneF to have a look (and pretended you never... :rolleyes: ) but the other side has Houstie, McGivern, Stainrod, Kenny Dawson, James, Barr, Arfield and Latapy.

Full marks to TBS guys - these look tremendous.

Perhaps being cynical on the modern footballer types but for me Barr or Arfield shouldnt be up there....

Im not poo pooing the murals that look great from the photos

Perhaps being cynical on the modern footballer types but for me Barr or Arfield shouldnt be up there....

Barr was the first Falkirk player to get a Scotland cap in a looong time and Arfield (as far as I recall) was sold for a club record. (Both coming from the Academy too)

Probably why theyre in there.

Barr was the first Falkirk player to get a Scotland cap in a looong time and Arfield (as far as I recall) was sold for a club record. (Both coming from the Academy too)

Probably why theyre in there.

Both of them scoring against Dunfermline too.