The Falkirk FC Thread

It is being highlighted on www.scottishfootballmagazine.yolasite.com that the `big picture` story on front of the FALKIRK website is a year out of date... David Taylor is now in charge of Commerce at UEFA and Gianni Infantino is `Platini`s right hand man` general secretary. Somebody... maybe everybody .. at this club needs a kick up the ideas.

Who gives a fuck!

Apologies if its already been mentioned but a reliable source told me tonight that Pressley helped the club out financially a few months ago when we had major cash flow problems. Maybe this is is why he was not sacked at the end of the season as the club don't have the money to repay him.

Positions at the club are for sale then, what a fucking disgrace we are at the moment.

Really worried if the rumours about Pressley essentially buying his job for another season are correct.

Although, as is standard with any online murmurings about FFC, I'll be taking it with a massive pinch of salt until I know for a fact that it's true.

Edited by Hughsie

it certainly seems to be in keeping with his personality. The more I hear about him the more I like him as a person - he does what he feels is right and stands by the consequences.

Shame he's not a better football manager...

My mate said virtually exactly same as that on Sunday huh.gif

and I know you're not him !!

Whats happening with Mark Stewart has he signed a new contract( old one ran out) or is he going to St Johnstone :blink:

Haven't heard anything for a while. The fact he's had the offer on the table for a while now, but still hasn't signed is a little concerning. If he's interested in developing as a footballer, he'd be better off staying with us for a little longer. If money is his motivation, he'll be gone.

Saints signed Higgins from Dundee a wee while back did they not? Maybe due to talks with Stewart breaking down, who knows. We're due compo as well if he goes, maybe a lack of clubs in Scotland would be willing to pay that.

Apparently Flynn has signed for Hearts, what kind of player is he both in a positional sense, and ability wise?

Winger mainly, although I think he'd be just as effective sitting behind the striker(s).

He's got bags of abilty, and is definitely far too good for the First Division. He's still inconsistent IMO, but what wingers aren't? He's good with both feet, he tracks back and defends, he works hard for the team, he's got pace and skill to take men on and beat them, and is an excellent crosser of the ball. He's got a bagful of assists this season, and has chipped in with a few goals too.

Not too sure who Hearts wingers are, so can't compare him to what you currently have, but give him a run in the team and he'll flourish. Playing in a much better side might just improve his game, and lead him to becoming a little more consistent.

He scored against Hearts in the cup last season, and might have set one up too, not too sure though.

Apparently Flynn has signed for Hearts, what kind of player is he both in a positional sense, and ability wise?

Very good ability only hindered by his very very slight frame. He's quick, was played mostly as a winger either left or right equally confortably. Has also played up front and in an attacking central midfield role. He suffered a dip in form in the middle of the season possibly because he thought he was moving in the January transfer window. He still contributed despite his loss of form though.

How much are Hearts paying for his services. We'd be looking for at least £500k :)

How much are Hearts paying for his services. We'd be looking for at least £500k :)

Isn't he in his last year? No chance we'd get £500k. I think we'd bite their hand off for £100k, given the financial situation. I'd be disappointed if he left for less than £200k though.

Isn't he in his last year? No chance we'd get £500k. I think we'd bite their hand off for £100k, given the financial situation. I'd be disappointed if he left for less than £200k though.

I was just jesting! I agree with your valuation and likely outcome.

£50k apparently.

This would be pretty disapointing. :(

Winger mainly, although I think he'd be just as effective sitting behind the striker(s).

He's got bags of abilty, and is definitely far too good for the First Division. He's still inconsistent IMO, but what wingers aren't? He's good with both feet, he tracks back and defends, he works hard for the team, he's got pace and skill to take men on and beat them, and is an excellent crosser of the ball. He's got a bagful of assists this season, and has chipped in with a few goals too.

Not too sure who Hearts wingers are, so can't compare him to what you currently have, but give him a run in the team and he'll flourish. Playing in a much better side might just improve his game, and lead him to becoming a little more consistent.

He scored against Hearts in the cup last season, and might have set one up too, not too sure though.

Cheers for that mate, I remember him scoring against us in the cup game, he played very well that night too iirc, as did the rest of your team in what was one of the best cup ties in modern times as far as I'm concerned, apart from the result of course :D

Very good ability only hindered by his very very slight frame. He's quick, was played mostly as a winger either left or right equally confortably. Has also played up front and in an attacking central midfield role. He suffered a dip in form in the middle of the season possibly because he thought he was moving in the January transfer window. He still contributed despite his loss of form though.

£57k is the figure being bandied about mate, although (and don't quote me on this) there may be a player or two coming your way for that sort of price, if not then I'd be disappointed at that fee with no return if I was a Bairn.

Cheers for that mate, I remember him scoring against us in the cup game, he played very well that night too iirc, as did the rest of your team in what was one of the best cup ties in modern times as far as I'm concerned, apart from the result of course :D

£57k is the figure being bandied about mate, although (and don't quote me on this) there may be a player or two coming your way for that sort of price, if not then I'd be disappointed at that fee with no return if I was a Bairn.

The result was the best thing about it ;) The team were outstanding that night, but if Jeffries is singling out Flynn based on his performance that night, I'm very surprised he isn't looking at Mark Stewart instead who was MoM by a country mile, with his two goals and assist and all round spectacular performance.

for anyone who's forgotten the magic of that night or was unfortunate enough to not be in attendance.

If this deal turns out to be true, it seems a bit of a strange move in all honesty. Flynn is best used as a winger, where Hearts already have four good players, some arguably superior to Flynn, in Skacel, Driver, Templeton and Novikovas. My guess is that he'll be used as a utility midfielder, as he can play anywhere in midfield and even as a striker if required.

But lastly, the £57k figure is very disappointing considering it was rumoured we turned down a £350k bid for Flynn in January from Bristol City, which was also rumoured to be our valuation for Flynn. A nearly £300k depreciation if true. I do hope we're getting a player or two for that money.

If true, of course.

Edited by ThankCrunchie

We also have Suso, who for me is probably the most explosive winger we have, you never know what you're going to get next with the guy and he'd be my first choice every week. I reckon Driver's goose may well be cooked (I hope I'm wrong though), and Novikovas looks like he's well down the pecking order now. Skacel might well be away too as his year is up, although we have an option to extend it to another year, so there may well be a need for Flynn.

We also have Suso, who for me is probably the most explosive winger we have, you never know what you're going to get next with the guy and he'd be my first choice every week. I reckon Driver's goose may well be cooked (I hope I'm wrong though), and Novikovas looks like he's well down the pecking order now. Skacel might well be away too as his year is up, although we have an option to extend it to another year, so there may well be a need for Flynn.

Havent you also signed Tahouil from Killie....

Darren Barr on loan, I expect and A.NOTHER....if true....

Jeffries didnt sign Barr and obviously doesnt fancy him, tho I did say when he left he would struggle to get a game and I am sure Hearts have signed or signing Aberdeen Celic Jaikey Zander Diamond which will put Barr further down the pecking order, mind you I am sure he played laterly after our game in Sept most of his games at right back added to I think Hearts playing players out of position at centre half with Barr on the bench I think tells its own story, Barr would be a welcome addition in the first division as we dont have anyone to play alongside Scobbie currently.... :unsure:

£50 or 57k will be a disappointing figure but come next Jan = £20k + or May = zero.....I would say tho that all of our players currently are for sale £50k......

Sad to see Flynn go but was to be expected I suppose. When May brought him back from Liverpool he said that he was one of the best young midfielders in Scotland and in my opinion he was right. If the figure is 50k then it just goes to show what a mess we are in to accept it.

I would like to see Darren Barr back. This would be excellent news. It would be good to see him back at centre back along with Scobbie. Playing him at right back should only be in emergencies. Of course there is also a chance Scobbie may be on his way too. Darren is supposed to be on silly money at Hearts. Who pays his wages if he did come to us on loan? I presume we would only make a small contribution.

This thread is getting so depressing. Does no one have any good news?