The Falkirk FC Thread

Yeah as Welshbairn said he signed a 2 year deal so unfortunately we're stuck with the useless c**t for another season.

Who knows though he might actually be able to go 90 minutes without getting a booking next season.

I hope he ends up with us. Bit wild, but a good player.

No, he signed a two year contract, so I hope we keep him. I thought he showed his worth when BoB was benched...

Disagree - He was still pish. He doesn't know how to tackle without assaulting the other player and 9 times out of 10 when he attempts to pass he passes to the wrong team.

Edited by ditots

9 times out of 10 when he attempts to pass he passes to the wrong team.

Yep. He loves to try his long range passes but the vast majority of the time he fails miserably. The less we mention his shooting 'ability' the better.

I hope he ends up with us. Bit wild, but a good player.

Take him please

This.

He's really quite shit.

Is this in the same way that Kate and Gerry McCann's parenting skills are on a bit of a shoogly nail?

Kate and Gerry have lived thro' Hell these last few years, do you care? I think not

Get a grip.

i think most decent minded folk would know WHO should get a grip

I agree, absolutely abhorrent stuff H_B.

Kate and Gerry McCann have been through enough without being compared to Pressley.

Note that the above FFC fans find the abduction of a 3 year old child and the anguish of her parents for the last few years amusing.

Interesting, tells us a lot, eh?

Edited by Wee Sandy

Kate and Gerry have lived thro' Hell these last few years, do you care? I think not

i think most decent minded folk would know WHO should get a grip

[/b]

Note that the above FFC fans find the abduction of a 3 year old child and the anguish of her parents for the last few years amusing.

Interesting, tells us a lot, eh?

Away and sh!te wee man. If you don't like the patter, you know where to go. Banters banter, and I very much doubt Jerry reads this thread. He's a Celtic fan, he'll be in the SPL threads.

From the club...

Out of interest 8 players? Where do you see the money coming from to do that. I can't see us signing more than 4 and that assumes we will sell 2000 season tickets - Only 1300 to go

We may need 8 players however as it stands just now, I cant see us signing more than four, granted if we sold Flynn and Stewart - 8 would be realistic. This can't be a shock though Colin?, the club have been upfront for a while now about the cuts and lack of money. Not just at Falkirk but in Football in general.

Things looking bleak as fook.

Well as it stands just now:

New GK

Duffie - Scobbie - New CB - Twaddle

Flynn - Murdoch - Millar - Compton

New ST - New ST

A few gaps there then. Of course we have Higginbotham as well, and if I'm right he's the only other 'first team' player left from last year? I have no idea about any of the youngsters, as in who will be making the step up, or what position they all play, but I'd imagine they'll occupy some spaces on the bench.

New 'Keeper & Striker are the main priorities for sure, as we currently have no players in those positions, unless Stewart signs on again. Darren Dods' name has been banded about thus far, and if brought in, he would fill the gap alongside Scobbie at the back. Not that I would be too pleased to sign him join, mind you.

Might be a case of Pressley trying to work his contacts to get in youngsters from the OF, with them picking up the wages.

This seasons going to be fucking murder.

Is this in the same way that Kate and Gerry McCann's parenting skills are on a bit of a shoogly nail?

I hate to have to agree with pencil boy, but on parenting issues, he's on the ball...

From the club...

Things looking bleak as fook.

So, we've only sold 700 seasons? If that's true then they can dream on about reaching 2000 before the start of the season.

I haven't renewed yet but I will before the end of the month.

Might be a case of Pressley trying to work his contacts to get in youngsters from the OF, with them picking up the wages.

This seasons going to be fucking murder.

Aren't the OF notorious for asking for loan fees etc.

If so, there's no chance we'll be taking any on. I agree the football will be murder but the away days should be good?

So, we've only sold 700 seasons? If that's true then they can dream on about reaching 2000 before the start of the season.

Yeah, I expected there to be more than that. Especially given a number of fans said they renewed in the aftermath of the infamous Monday meeting.

I don't think it's unreasonable to say that sacking Pressley would have had that figure at 1,000 or so. That could prove to be the ultimate in false economies.

I would have bought one today if that had been the case. (now that it's confirmed Craig is leaving). Not very scientific, but I know 2 or 3 others who are in the same boat.

I'll happily stump up for an ST now that GC is finally headed out the door. I can take another season of Pressley knowing that it'll probably be his last (given that he will struggle to achieve little more than SFL1 survival in the season ahead). The damage he can do is only short term, whereas GCs continued presence and applied business acumen has left us with a decade's worth of payback. If he'd been allowed to carry on with his lunacy, we'd be out of business in a year or two.

The next important step will be the removal of MR from the decision making process. I guess that given his shareholding, he has to have some sort of say, but it would serve the club better if it were on a veto basis rather than him continuing to make policy that shows him to be utterly and completely out of touch with both the needs of the club, and the opinions of those who pay to watch FFC.

Craig's out........that's the bit that is crucially important. Even if we are paying his salary for the next month or three, I sincerely hope that he's involved in nothing more than bottle top collecting and baby kissing for photos.

Confirmed in the herald today that he's working his notice. That's me one step closer to renewing my season ticket. Also talks about Dodds close to signing. I'll get shot down for saying this but I'd much prefer Potter signing; a dirty bas is exactly what we need in the defence.

Edited by wee_bairn