The Falkirk FC Thread

I just saw our bawbag of a manager has been bumping his gums about having no money and wanting a play-off introduced for promotion. Just shut your stupid bearded face, stop trying to put a spin on absolutely everything and do your fucking job.

I fancy Falkirk to win the league next season, so surely you can put up with him for another season?

I fancy Falkirk to win the league next season, so surely you can put up with him for another season?

Given that we don't have any goalkeepers, have released more than half of our playing squad without signing replacements and are talking about selling any half-decent player we've got that's still under contract, I don't fancy us to be anywhere near winning the league at all.

I'd much rather he fucked off now. Unless Barcelona fancy lending us their starting 11 for next season, then there's little chance we'll be challenging for the league, letting alone winning it.

I'd much rather he fucked off now. Unless Barcelona fancy lending us their starting 11 for next season, then there's little chance we'll be challenging for the league, letting alone winning it.

Pressley would still feck it up.

Here's a scenario that's more likely to happen that Pressley guiding us to the title this season:

I win the Euromillions, buy the club and install myself as player manager, firing us to promotion.

Is Scobbie really on wages so high we are willing to let him go on a free?

Here's a scenario that's more likely to happen that Pressley guiding us to the title this season:

I win the Euromillions, buy the club and install myself as player manager, firing us to promotion.

If you're a left-back and would play ahead of Twaddle, I'd say this is the perfect plan.

Is Scobbie really on wages so high we are willing to let him go on a free?

That particular piece of crap looked like it was lifted off some daft football rumours site with no basis whatsoever. I'd imagine he'll be on more than the £500 a week limit which we seem to be imposing this season.

That particular piece of crap looked like it was lifted off some daft football rumours site with no basis whatsoever. I'd imagine he'll be on more than the £500 a week limit which we seem to be imposing this season.

He signed a long term contract when he was a fringe player and wasnt an automatic pick, ok it is Falkirk and daft wages seem to be easily got but I will be surprised if he is on a big wage considering when his contract was signed..

I was told via a good source that our average wage next season will be £20,000 regarding the playing field.....

He signed a long term contract when he was a fringe player and wasnt an automatic pick, ok it is Falkirk and daft wages seem to be easily got but I will be surprised if he is on a big wage considering when his contract was signed..

I was told via a good source that our average wage next season will be £20,000 regarding the playing field.....

Was this the same source that told you BoB wasn't even the second-highest paid player at the club last season?

Edited by Gaz

I'd expect that to be the case, or not a kick in the pants off if it's above. It will also be the case at every side in the league, give or take a few grand.

I'd expect that to be the case, or not a kick in the pants off if it's above. It will also be the case at every side in the league, give or take a few grand.

I'd have my doubts, though it might not be too far away. Dundee's will be higher than that. County's will be. Morton's probably will be. Might not be far away from everyone else right enough. Depends who is included in making up the "average" inevitably.

Always amused me in the past when people talked about the massive wages Falkirk paid, because the likes of Russel Latapy was on more than they paid their top earners.

All that matters is the total wage bill. If you choose to give 3 players 3 grand a week and have the rest on minimum wage, then so be it.

SATURDAY JULY 2 ALLOA AWAY 3PM

TUESDAY JULY 5 DUNDEE UNITED HOME 2PM (CLOSED DOORS)

FRIDAY JULY 8 INVERURIE AWAY 7.45PM

SATURDAY JULY 9 PETERHEAD AWAY 3PM

WEDNESDAY JULY 13 LEEDS UNITED HOME 7.45PM

SATURDAY JULY 16 PRESTON NE HOME 3PM

TUESDAY JULY 19 HIBERNIAN HOME 7.30PM

All of our pre season fixtures. Will probably go to at least 2 of the home games(most likely Leeds and Hibs), Alloa and probably Peterhead.

Greg Stewart offered a two year deal today.

cowdens Greg Stewart??? my mate works at grangemouth ware he works and knows him,he said he's only been offered a part time deal by cowden but he's just signed up with an agent as he wants a crack at going full time,he's from the stirling area so Falkirk would be ideal for him,he's out of contract but under 23 so were entitled to some compo for him,must say he would be a great signing as he was outstanding for us near the end of season(as wer most of the young lads in the team) top scorer in his 1st season say's it all,only started 19 games(9 goals) so think playing in a better team and he would get 20 goals a season no probs lo i hope he stays with us for next season to get us back to div 1.