The Falkirk FC Thread

Confirmed in the herald today that he's working his notice. That's me one step closer to renewing my season ticket. Also talks about Dodds close to signing. I'll get shot down for saying this but I'd much prefer Potter signing; a dirty bas is exactly what we need in the defence.

Tho in perspective Dodds v Potter isnt actually much of an arguement for Dodds case, Altho Dodds is a clever dirty bassa but time hasnt been kind to him over the last couple of seasons on an injury front....

Potter I think will stay in the SPL if as stated in press that he has offers......

If it was four new players but McManus, Stewart and Olejnik stayed it wouldn`t be as bad to be honest.

2 Defenders, a Midfielder and a Striker.

As much as those 3 would be welcome in most folks eyes, I would like to see fresh blood....easier said than done tho...... :blink:

I'm not sure if it's been discussed or not but I've just noticed this on the Falkirk Herald website.

This was the first I'd heard about but I'm delighted that he'll be leaving as well. I still crack up everytime I think of his 'Dani Marceta lighting up the training ground' speech. Hilarious stuff.

So with Gary Dowson, Ross Wilson and George Craig (has this been confirmed btw?) leaving it looks like we're finally taking a step in the right direction.

I'm also worried about the Dodds signing. At best he'll be a cheap Bullen, at worst another Craig Ireland.

This isn't the 1990's. The gulf between the Premier division and the First in terms of physical demands is minimal if at all. The demands of a 1st division campaign won't be that easier on the failing body of a 35 year old who I thought was struggling back in 2003. If he plays half our games I'll be amazed.

He actually turned 36 just a few days ago. If we can only afford to bring in 4 players at best, I'd rather one of those wasn't Darren Dods. He's fucking shite.

He's only played 11 games in 2 seasons, not a single one of those last season either. I'm surprised he isn't just retiring to be honest.

He actually turned 36 just a few days ago. If we can only afford to bring in 4 players at best, I'd rather one of those wasn't Darren Dods. He's fucking shite.

He's only played 11 games in 2 seasons, not a single one of those last season either. I'm surprised he isn't just retiring to be honest.

If Pressley does sign ths crock, it's another nail in his coffin, as well as our chances of having a stable backline. Has he learned nothing from the messiah's Dads Army efforts?

Unless he signs on a "pay for play" deal, it will be more money pissed up the wall!

This was the first I'd heard about but I'm delighted that he'll be leaving as well. I still crack up everytime I think of his 'Dani Marceta lighting up the training ground' speech. Hilarious stuff.

Likewise. Absolute comedy stuff.

Apparently he is a very nice guy and seemed popular with those that met him. The fact he's off to Watford suggests he does some elements of his job well. What's clear though is he was an absolutely woeful judge of a footballer.

Darren Dodds would be a horrific signing. Not only is he finished he is also really injury prone which is the last thing we need if we are only able to sign 4 players on top of our already tiny squad.

Likewise. Absolute comedy stuff.

Apparently he is a very nice guy and seemed popular with those that met him. The fact he's off to Watford suggests he does some elements of his job well. What's clear though is he was an absolutely woeful judge of a footballer.

That was never his job, he's an administrator.

Darren Dodds would be a horrific signing. Not only is he finished he is also really injury prone which is the last thing we need if we are only able to sign 4 players on top of our already tiny squad.

Exactly. Pressley hasn't got a fucking clue.

I'm more concerned about having no 'keepers or strikers right now, rather than defenders, where as it stands we do still currently have 3 of last seasons first choice back 4.

That was never his job, he's an administrator.

Exactly. That's my point. As I said, he may very well be a good administrator. What is clear though, is that he was a dreadful judge of a footballer.

He made himself look a fool by the following, as Russ says :-

"Danijel is an international player at under-21 level with Slovenia and will progress to their senior team, there is no doubt about that. "He spent two days at the club last week and was the talk of the training ground after one session."

:lol:

Let me cast some doubt....

Exactly. Pressley hasn't got a fucking clue.

I'm more concerned about having no 'keepers or strikers right now, rather than defenders, where as it stands we do still currently have 3 of last seasons first choice back 4.

Yeah I'm the same. I'd assume we will be signing Dodds (though hopefully he fails a medical or wants too much money or something stops us signing him) plus a 'keeper and 2 strikers. Then again with Pressley in charge I suppose anything is possible. It looks like we won't be getting that hard tackling midfielder we have been needing for years yet again.

Exactly. That's my point. As I said, he may very well be a good administrator. What is clear though, is that he was a dreadful judge of a footballer.

He made himself look a fool by the following, as Russ says :-

"Danijel is an international player at under-21 level with Slovenia and will progress to their senior team, there is no doubt about that. "He spent two days at the club last week and was the talk of the training ground after one session."

:lol:

Let me cast some doubt....

He's no Charlie Adam, that's for sure :P

My favourite Marceta quote was from Eddie May, something along the lines of "200k will look like a bargain" just after we'd signed him. The best assessment of him in reality was in the first TBS fanzine, "labelled as the best thing to come out of Slovenia, he was more likely to come out the closet" :lol:

I just saw our bawbag of a manager has been bumping his gums about having no money and wanting a play-off introduced for promotion. Just shut your stupid bearded face, stop trying to put a spin on absolutely everything and do your fucking job.