The Falkirk FC Thread

Not seen it posted anywhere on here but Falkirk have shown an interest in Gavin Swankie which has stopped him signing on again at Arbroath.

"I was all set to sign a new deal with Arbroath," Swankie said last night. "Then my agent phoned me to say that there had been contact from Falkirk who are keen to sign me.

"For that to happen though, I think they need to trim their existing playing staff and they are looking to do that this weekend.

"So, I face an anxious wait until Monday to discover if that has happened and whether they will follow-up their initial interest.

"I have always been honest with Arbroath that I want to go full-time again.

Story in The Courier

Edited by SuperTommy

Isn't he a winger? Can't say we really need one of those.

This is quite interesting though:

"For that to happen though, I think they need to trim their existing playing staff and they are looking to do that this weekend.

:unsure: Who's going then? Scobbie? Flynn?

Why do you like him? Think I'm far from alone in needing convincing that this signing has any merit at all.

Seems a bizarre signing to me. Especially when St Johnstone struggled for goals last season. He won't help.

More cards than goals is an absolute certainty.

Falkirk fans - any idea if Scott Davidson is any good and what type of midfielder he is?

He has signed for Stirling on a 6 month loan

A quick google suggests he was released though :unsure:

He was on the list to be released initially but that was reversed after some superb displays for the 19`s toward the end of the season.

More of a forward than a midfielder and has the potential to be a very good player..unfortunately, like many other young guys with similar talent, his workrate and commitment could have been better. There were signs midway through last season that things had improved on that front which is why he was given another chance.

Both he and Lewis Bonar scored a multitude of goals for the 19`s last season and if they can repeat that in Div2, you`ll be in for a treat.

Isn't he a winger? Can't say we really need one of those.

This is quite interesting though:

:unsure: Who's going then? Scobbie? Flynn?

Mark Stewart. His wage had to be included in the budget due to a contract being offered to him. Not keen at all on Gavin Swankie...

He was on the list to be released initially but that was reversed after some superb displays for the 19`s toward the end of the season.

More of a forward than a midfielder and has the potential to be a very good player..unfortunately, like many other young guys with similar talent, his workrate and commitment could have been better. There were signs midway through last season that things had improved on that front which is why he was given another chance.

Both he and Lewis Bonar scored a multitude of goals for the 19`s last season and if they can repeat that in Div2, you`ll be in for a treat.

Agree with this. Everytime I've watched the 19's I've felt he has been the best player on the park, was shocked to see he was maybe getting released.

Since discussion about shite strikers seems to be flavour of the month,how was Kjartan Finbogasson when he played with you lot?

A couple of whispers around that we're interested in him. <_<

I actually thought he was pretty good. Excellent link-up play, strong on the ball and scored on his debut. However, he went on a run of missing absolute sitters and hardly scored. Maybe was turning into a confidence thing? Majority of Falkirk fans will probably give you "He's shite," but I reckon he's worth a shot. Some of the sitters were unreal though and cost us a fair bit of points...

Since discussion about shite strikers seems to be flavour of the month,how was Kjartan Finbogasson when he played with you lot?

A couple of whispers around that we're interested in him. <_<

I liked him. He was a hard worker. Pretty awful technically though.

I actually thought he was pretty good. Excellent link-up play, strong on the ball and scored on his debut. However, he went on a run of missing absolute sitters and hardly scored. Maybe was turning into a confidence thing? Majority of Falkirk fans will probably give you "He's shite," but I reckon he's worth a shot. Some of the sitters were unreal though and cost us a fair bit of points...

I'll stick up for him too. I thought he looked quite dangerous first couple of times I saw him. If he'd only scored that sitter in his first home game could have been very different.

Compared to Showumni he was Marco Van Basten.

Sounds decent enough but with Hasselbaink, Thompson, McGowan and young McShane, we have a sufficient number of strikers. Aaron Mooy can also play there.

I think this is probably another wind up rumour on our forum, though.

Sounds decent enough but with Hasselbaink, Thompson, McGowan and young McShane, we have a sufficient number of strikers. Aaron Mooy can also play there.

I think this is probably another wind up rumour on our forum, though.

Could be,but there are two different sources.

Anyway,surprisingly,I'm a tad happier about his potential signing than I was earlier.

Given the absolute sitters Higdon used to miss,I doubt we'd be surprised by another players similar shortcomings in that area. :rolleyes:

Cheers HB etc. for your info.

Edited by FTOF

Mark Stewart. His wage had to be included in the budget due to a contract being offered to him. Not keen at all on Gavin Swankie...

Ah, that makes more sense. Hopefully the Swankie thing doesn't come to anything.