The Falkirk FC Thread

Unless the rules have changed, the spl board have the call on any plastic pitch, doesn't matter how it's rated. Obviously the better the pitch the more chance you have but your still relying on them waking up to the quality of artificial pitches these days, and how useful having one is to Clubs wouldn't bet on it tho. Common sense and the SPL don't go together very easily. Tho with yourselfs and qots installing one takes the number of sfl clubs using them to 11, they can't stay ignorant forever.

And now Accies apparently

And now Accies apparently

Well there 12, anymore and Falkirk fans won't be able to count them using their fingers :-), it wouldn't surprise me if a few more clubs announce plans over the next few weeks and even if they don't do it this season, more will announce next season no doubt, soon we will be better off counting those that use grass.

Well there 12, anymore and Falkirk fans won't be able to count them using their fingers :-), it wouldn't surprise me if a few more clubs announce plans over the next few weeks and even if they don't do it this season, more will announce next season no doubt, soon we will be better off counting those that use grass.

But the fifers will.

Edited by RobBairn1876

How much will the new pitch cost to install? Aren't they quite expensive?

I know I am not answering your question but they make money after the initial outlay.

You can hire them out round the clock and it should mean an end to home games being cancelled, which loses you crowds when rearranged and hospitality.

We will also have the best surface in Falkirk so should make a few bob from other teams in the area and Falkirk fans wanting to try it out.

Yeah, I know they are a great way to make extra money for the club. My only concerned was the initial cost, then how long it would take to make that money back.

As NavyBlueArmy said, the pitch probably needs relaid anyway so it makes sense to go for an artificial surface.

I'd also wonder how much revenue the club have lost from postponements due to weather in recent seasons. Hospitality refunds, less home and away fans, even stuff like having to chuck out the pies all adds up.

A couple of seasons ago when we went 6 or 7 weeks without playing the club had some pretty serious cash flow problems.

Most clubs have received grants from the likes of sportscotland to install the pitch, qots I think are quoted at paying out about 60k from there own funds, with the total cost being about 500k, though that probably means that some of the income you'd receive if you payed out fully will be taken up. I think 60k is probably covered just by not postponing games.