The Falkirk FC Thread

We need a decent centrehalf an experienced head in the middle of the park and another striker whose at least played a few seasons of pro football before we'll get anywhere near competing with the likes of dundee. As i said we were a country mile behind partick last season and dundee will be at least as good as them if not better this year. If you dont think we need new signings then im very surprised. The fact that we could be starting the season with one experienced striker is a huge gamble . If taylor got crocked we'd be in big trouble.

See, Im not so sure of that. Granted they have some good players but their squad a sit stands is very unbalanced (obviously there is some while to go to add to that) meanwhile several of those players could be described as the very epitome of journeyman, while their sole senior striekr at the moment is a man on first name terms with every physio in the country. There is also the massive unkown that is bomber Brown.

Whiel I think Dundee will start as favourites, and they obviously do have some decent players, I don't think they'll be as good as Thistle were last year, and I do think that you guys would've finished closer but for a slow start. All in all, Falkirk should be up there challenging (assuming you keep or adequately replace taylor) with what you have.

What is Botti being ready for the first team based on? Anyone who watched the reserves regularly last season said he wasn't a standout, he was outperformed by Shepherd against Queens Park and he certainly didn't show me anything on Saturday.

This is what I'm basing it on, I would be surprised if I'm the only one who rated him highly in the U20s!

Herald reports rotheram put in a 200k bid for taylor on friday and our board are still mulling it over and they also say there is two other unamed english clubs who have bidded. 200k would be good but can't help but thinking if theres alot of interest surely we could get more fair enough hes only got one year left on his deal but goalscorers don't come around very often. Four players on 500p/w(our supposed wage cap) is 100k surely after all the money weve had come in over the last year the board will let holt bring in four players. We released 6 players(weatherston,flannigan,smith,fulton,dods,???? and got compensation for one(murdoch) surely to f**k were not only getting one player in.

Herald reports rotheram put in a 200k bid for taylor on friday and our board are still mulling it over and they also say there is two other unamed english clubs who have bidded. 200k would be good but can't help but thinking if theres alot of interest surely we could get more fair enough hes only got one year left on his deal but goalscorers don't come around very often. Four players on 500p/w(our supposed wage cap) is 100k surely after all the money weve had come in over the last year the board will let holt bring in four players. We released 6 players(weatherston,flannigan,smith,fulton,dods,???? and got compensation for one(murdoch) surely to f**k were not only getting one player in.

Not a snowball's chance in hell. If Taylor goes, I reckon GH will be allowed to use Taylor's wage, and nothing more, and in all probability, he'll go for a centre half, and try to play a higher line and spread the goals amongst the team rather than rely on a striker. Whatever cash we get for Taylor will either go as part payment for the pitch, or go straight out the back door to repay soft loans. Not one penny of it will be spent on the team.

The chances of all 6 of these guys becoming first team regulars this season though is slim and I think its pretty obvious that some are simply being brought through as cheap squad fillers. Our only external signing is also a 19 year old with none or very little first team experience. Again its unfair to expect him to run our midfield at that age. Its a shame that having again backed the club by buying over 1700 season tickets the fans are again being let down by MR and the rest of our bod.

Id take the 200k for him. That surely will give holt the money to build a decent side. This is our last chance before sevco and hearts come to the first maybe even dunfermline plus another side fi the spl if the playoffs work out. Give him some bloody money Ritchie. This is ridiculous. Our academy is good but we cant go into this season like this.