The Falkirk FC Thread

having lived in Trinidad worked on maraval road and met Russell on his home patch often I sincerely hope it is not him he is an ignorant little man who has no time for falkirk c'mon the gas Meter

No time for you maybe, which is probably quite understandable.

Lets hear your argument against then...you can only treat people as you find them ... I don't give famous people a sore head but you would think a falkirk supporter in POS would be worth 2 minutes of his time just so I could big him up ....tell me about all the times you've met him and how he had time to talk to you..

Personally feel Houstie is best we can get...... unless we throw a double six with an untried manager......

I actually liked Holt, after years of Elvis tactics of playing for draws, it was refreshing to see us going to attack and try to win games, even though some of the times we were very gung-ho, Id still rather see us go out to win games especially in a league where we shouldnt fear anyone

Still no feeling 100% that Houstie will get the job, just never know with our board....tho altho they seem to have the message that the fans dont want a promotion from within the club, ala Eddie May, Elvis........

We really have had a strange time with manager appointments, really would have to go back to McCall for when the majority of fans were happy with an appointment

Dunno if any of you have had a look at this yet. Good read but some of the names mentioned in it are absolutely terrifying. What do folk think about Bobby Williamson?

http://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/falkirk-fc/peter-houston-favourite-to-become-falkirk-manager-1-3433329

Houstie would be exactly the kind of appointment I reckon would get a number of fans excited and back onside again - which means he probably won't get it. Call me a pessimist, but our board now have a track record of incredibly underwhelming managerial appointments and I can't help but thinking this trend will only continue this time round.

Holt was one of the most baffling and unexciting appointments they could have made - he did okay, but I do think a decent manager with at least some experience would have known how to win the league last season and with that squad would have done so, so for me, Holt's spell can be summed up as "a huge chance missed".

This time around, we know we won't win the league this season, and this could allow us to actually build a team with some patience from the fans that could put in a title challenge the following season. I just think we need an experienced manager with a previous record to do that, though.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

Dunno if any of you have had a look at this yet. Good read but some of the names mentioned in it are absolutely terrifying. What do folk think about Bobby Williamson?

http://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/falkirk-fc/peter-houston-favourite-to-become-falkirk-manager-1-3433329

Well we've went from a player who gave me a miserable day in 97, might as well get the manager in too.

We already had the guy who scored the goal play with us so all we need is the captain (Mongomery) to complete the set.

Apart from Eddie May, who was up against it from the start, has the board really failed to appoint a new manager since the Bannon days

Say what you want about Pressley but the fact is he done a good job for us. A lot of Pressleys work is now coming to fruition with the likes of McGrandles, Sibbald, Kingsley etc.

And the opinion of many other fans and also people within the game. Only the people have an agenda against Pressley will say otherwise

Hang on, so what you're saying is that the only folk that disagree with you have an agenda against Elvis? Do you not maybe just think they have differing opinions?

As an outsider, I'd say Holt did alright, but either of Falkirk or Hamilton would not have needed to be a lot better to have won it, so I can see why it feels like a chance was missed.

Houston would not excite me. He's had decent managerial spells in his career, but he always strikes me as a bit of a balloon when he speaks. I'd also worry that he shows too much respect to the 'big' teams in the division.

He still sounds like a better bet to me than Latapy though.