The Falkirk FC Thread

From what I heard Houston was despised by some United players, including Millar and Russell.

Players are whiney bitches though. It did put me off the thought of him managing Saints.....then we appointed Tommy Craig :rolleyes: .

I stuck a fiver on Wee Danny a while ago just for a laugh. No news is good news :P

Not so sure about Houston now. This appointment seems to have dragged on for ages. The only stumbling block must be over money. I just get the impression he is not overly keen on taking the job. Probably sees us as a way back into management hoping that he gets his big move down south after a season or two.

I'll probably get shot down for suggesting this but Terry Butcher is a free agent. Admittedly the his last job didnt go to well but he done a tremendous job at ICT.

how many of the 41 are fans who are good at Football manager

Not important so long as they know their way around Powerpoint and phrases like "going forward", "passionate about youth development" and "I'm cheap!".

how many of the 41 are fans who are good at Football manager

I know one who is...

All jokes aside, I won the Championship at first attempt, had no problems with Philip Roberts, got top six the next season but was then lured away by Cardiff as I felt I'd taken the Bairns as far as I could. Jackie McNamara took over from me and is doing a great job.

I saved Cardiff from relegation, then finished 5th and now the likes of Everton and Arsenal are after me. Just goes to show you that the opportunities are there if you take them. I played youths at both clubs and I manged to get the best out of them, even sold Kingsley for £1.2 million.

Contrary to fans opinion, I found Martin Ritchie to be a great chairman. When times got tough he stuck with me and wasn't afraid to break the bank when the big money signings of John Herron, Billy King etc were required. Same goes for Vincent Tan, great chap.

Oh, I can use powerpoint too.

Martin Ritchie, I await your call.