The Falkirk FC Thread

If this goes through I will be feckin chuffed to bits .. the first bona fide football manager we'll have appointed in 12 years !!

Anybody remember Houstie coming off the bench at Albion Rovers only to immediately foul a player right in front of the Falkirk support, control the ball with his hand when he was on the ground then jump up and swan off with the ball as if he had done absolutely nothing wrong ^_^

"NEW BOSS UNVEILED THURSDAY

Press Conference Scheduled For 1 p.m.

The Club would like to advise their supporters that the new Falkirk Head Coach will be unveiled tomorrow (Thursday) at a Press Conference within the Falkirk Stadium scheduled for 1 p.m."

Pieter Hiustra !? :P

And yet nobody went to the effort of a classy song.

We had two with the Houstie Hardcore and I think two for Houstie....to the songs Poison - Alice cooper and David lee Roth - just like paradise

Well good luck.

Personally, I don't see this as a good appointment at all. I think Houston's a bit of an unpleasant dick and his managerial record is actually less impressive than is often portrayed.

We'll see.

Houstie is far from unpleasant, he is a nice guy.

Safe pair of hands but will need backing from the Board to put together a squad that can compete.

Looking forward to see what players he brings in.

I've read a few articles stating that Casaba Laszlo applied ... I would take him ahead of Houstie but I assume he would be looking for top dollar to take the role !?

To be fair Laszlo seem to whore himself about for any job that's going. Did he actually apply?

Houston is a pretty solid appointment, think he'll do well.

Scott must be ready to jump ship. Isn't it Homecoming this year?

I can understand Houstie not considering us previously. He'd finished 3rd and 4th twice with a Scottish Cup win on his CV. He was being bandied about for the likes of the Blackpool job. I wouldn't have expected him to drop down a division to a club battling with a tax bill.

Circumstances change and we would be foolish to cut our noses off to spite our faces. Fans of other clubs (and Bairns of the younger variety) will probably not understand the bond we have with Houstie. It's not every club that has a proper cult favourite that goes on to have a very solid, decent career in club and international coaching and then management.

I think we have the potential to suffer this season. We needed a safe pair of hands that the fans can get behind. He's not a Calderwood or McPherson and he ain't got the baggage Jeffries or McCall would have brought. He'll also be in charge of some teenage boys with 50+ games under their belt, not some EPL wannabes who think they have made it after 8 starts.

Let's hope his scouting for Celtic involved watching some realistic targets.

We needed a safe pair of hands that the fans can get behind. He's not a Calderwood or McPherson and he ain't got the baggage Jeffries or McCall would have brought.

He's a million miles ahead of any of those names, particularly Jefferies who is an old wreck these days.

Scott must be ready to jump ship. Isn't it Homecoming this year?

I can understand Houstie not considering us previously. He'd finished 3rd and 4th twice with a Scottish Cup win on his CV. He was being bandied about for the likes of the Blackpool job. I wouldn't have expected him to drop down a division to a club battling with a tax bill.

Circumstances change and we would be foolish to cut our noses off to spite our faces. Fans of other clubs (and Bairns of the younger variety) will probably not understand the bond we have with Houstie. It's not every club that has a proper cult favourite that goes on to have a very solid, decent career in club and international coaching and then management.

I think we have the potential to suffer this season. We needed a safe pair of hands that the fans can get behind. He's not a Calderwood or McPherson and he ain't got the baggage Jeffries or McCall would have brought. He'll also be in charge of some teenage boys with 50+ games under their belt, not some EPL wannabes who think they have made it after 8 starts.

Let's hope his scouting for Celtic involved watching some realistic targets.

Pretty good summary