The Falkirk FC Thread

Biggest surprise of the last two season has been watching Luke develop. He started as a good wing back but as last season progressed his ability to defend shone through. When we are defending watch how often it is Leahy who is putting a vital block in. Would be sad to see him sold

Sent from my iPad using Pie & Bovril

Would we be due a development fee for Leahy?

Think we signed him from non league rugby when he was 19 ....the boys from Coventry I think...not sure how that works development wise & yes he has been excellent & I would agree with BPM when I compared both that leahy was better going forward than Kingsley ...kingsley however was some player both at LB & especially at CH & it's a shame he's not really playing just now...he will however go on to play for Scotland...guaranteed

Agree on Leahy. Not getting the credit he deserves IMO. Him and Vaulks are very sellable assets who didn't come through the academy, I hope we've got both on deals to 17/18.

Both elvis signings...whoduvethunkit...wasn't an elvis fan he played scared pussy football but judged these two correctly

I think the difference is that Luke is always looking for the ball. Whenever he's open you'll see him screaming for it which is something I don't feel Kingsley ever did when he played full back. Saying that always felt Kingsley was something special and hope he makes it down south

Both elvis signings...whoduvethunkit...wasn't an elvis fan he played scared pussy football but judged these two correctly

Elvis never played Vaulks and Leahy was signed as a left mid and Elvis gave him 6 league games.

All the credit for Leahy for me is down to Houstie for playing him at left back and persevering with him, tho Leahy deserves credit for putting the work in.

Vaulks is a tremendous athlete, his greatest and perhaps worst strength is that he can cover a lot of positions. He's had amazing games in positions he's covered and poor games there too.

The thing about us now is we win as a team and lose as a team, years gone by it was if an individual didn't turn up, we'd struggle. The recent two 5-0 games and i personally couldn't say one player was MOM for sure as we won as a team

Elvis never played Vaulks and Leahy was signed as a left mid and Elvis gave him 6 league games.

All the credit for Leahy for me is down to Houstie for playing him at left back and persevering with him, tho Leahy deserves credit for putting the work in.

Vaulks is a tremendous athlete, his greatest and perhaps worst strength is that he can cover a lot of positions. He's had amazing games in positions he's covered and poor games there too.

The thing about us now is we win as a team and lose as a team, years gone by it was if an individual didn't turn up, we'd struggle. The recent two 5-0 games and i personally couldn't say one player was MOM for sure as we won as a team

Listen sunshine all I said was elvis signed both players who have both gone on to be excellent for us...I have a boner for vaulks who I think is a fantastic footballer & could be played in almost any position & leahy has shown he has an amazing left foot & scored one of the top five goals ever in a Falkirk jersey with his screaming left foot buddy holly....obviously stainrod at mcdiarmid & crunchie against Huntly were better but it's in my top five

Listen sunshine all I said was elvis signed both players who have both gone on to be excellent for us...I have a boner for vaulks who I think is a fantastic footballer & could be played in almost any position & leahy has shown he has an amazing left foot & scored one of the top five goals ever in a Falkirk jersey with his screaming left foot buddy holly....obviously stainrod at mcdiarmid & crunchie against Huntly were better but it's in my top five

I just don't think Elvis deserves much praise in signing them, both players could've easily been freed and I for one wouldn't have blinked an eyelid if Leahy hadve been freed by Holt/ Houston. The end of the day, Houstie has turned round Leahy's career at Falkirk.

I just like a manager to sign a player and get praise for getting the best out of them of which Elvis wasnt

Think we signed him from non league rugby when he was 19 ....the boys from Coventry I think...not sure how that works development wise & yes he has been excellent & I would agree with BPM when I compared both that leahy was better going forward than Kingsley ...kingsley however was some player both at LB & especially at CH & it's a shame he's not really playing just now...he will however go on to play for Scotland...guaranteed

We signed him from a club called Rugby Town (who play in the Northerm Premier League Division One South 8th tier in England) and also spent time with the Strachan Football Foundation.

I get the impression that Vaulks has requested not to play centre back.

If I remember correctly, he went on trial at Blackburn and they basically said he was good but physically too small to make it as a centre back in England at that level. Since then he's moved to right back and been ok/good but seems to be excelling as centre mid. Always been impressed with his application and attitude and it seems like he has decent aspirations within the game too. Wouldn't begrudge him a decent move in the future.

Do Falkirk fans realistically think you have a chance of winning the championship.

Not really.

If Rangers get deducted points then I'd fancy it.

My big fear is this window.

Can see both Rangers and Hibs strengthening whilst I doubt we will sign anyone.

We have 4 games with both you coming up in the next 2 months.

Win 2 of the games and I may fancy us for 2nd