The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

This is why it’s such a tricky one. It’s all dependant on individual interpretations. I disagree with others in that I think the level you’re at does have to be a factor. It’s why at the start of this conversation I said Morrison is on his way to potentially becoming a legend, but he’s not there yet. Length of time at the club does come into it for me, outwith achievements such as winning a Scottish Cup which would make someone a legend in my eyes. It would be dependant on him doing it for us at a higher level for him to enter that conversation. Going unbeaten in League One would be an incredible achievement no doubt, it would be an season that would live long in the memory, but labelling some players who were good enough to get us out of League One but (potentially, who knows) might not cut it for us long-term, even in the Championship, as ‘ legends’ feels a bit strong for me.

For what it's worth, I agree with you. I more or less said to the same effect that I'd view Morrison as a legend if he took us all the way back to the premiership, and I get red dotted for it. This forum man. Disagree with me? Fine, but present an alternative viewpoint ffs 🤣🤣🤣

59 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm not trying to punch down and I suppose it is getting you out of the lowest situation you've ever been in, but Falkirk winning League One, shouldn't be getting the players and management heralded as 'legends' just because your previous attempts have been utterly woeful. Only Hamilton have even posed a slight challenge out of the FT teams and a lot of their fans think their manager is incompetent.

Come on lads, great season for you, great to see the back of this league but a club the size of Falkirk should not be deeming people legends for getting you out of League One regardless of going unbeaten or not!

Nobody thinks the team are legends just because we'll have been promoted out of league one.

They'll be legends because of the manner they've done it.

Unbeaten in the league all season(hopefully), 2nd best defensive record in the country, most goals scored in the spfl and the top goalscorer in the spfl. 

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Nobody thinks the team are legends just because we'll have been promoted out of league one.

They'll be legends because of the manner they've done it.

Unbeaten in the league all season(hopefully), 2nd best defensive record in the country, most goals scored in the spfl and the top goalscorer in the spfl. 

So would you say Dennis Mehmet, Joe Chalmers & the like should be regarded as Dunfermline legends based on what they achieved last season if it weren't for that one loss against Montrose?

Team with the biggest budget by far, no constraints in comparison to any of the other sides, put out the SC by lower league opposition, won the league at a canter - it's a good season, great for you lot undoubtedly considering the misery this league has been for you lads, but legendary? Come on now.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

So would you say Dennis Mehmet, Joe Chalmers & the like should be regarded as Dunfermline legends based on what they achieved last season if it weren't for that one loss against Montrose?

Team with the biggest budget by far, no constraints in comparison to any of the other sides, put out the SC by lower league opposition, won the league at a canter - it's a good season, great for you lot undoubtedly considering the misery this league has been for you lads, but legendary? Come on now.

What is our budget and how much more than Hamilton and Cove is it?

Just now, Hughsie said:

What is our budget and how much more than Hamilton and Cove is it?

Just because I don't know the absolute specifics of your budget doesn't mean it's unfair to assume it's considerably more than those two.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

You have to take into consideration how on the brink Falkirk were. We finished 6th before McGlynn came in ffs! Not for me to talk about whether Pars players are legends or not, you'd have to ask a Pars fan that question.

Just now, Bairn to Believe said:

We have the third biggest budget. Cove and Hamilton above us. 

That still blows my mind. How on earth are teams that pull in 800 punters each week spending more than us? 

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Just because I don't know the absolute specifics of your budget doesn't mean it's unfair to assume it's considerably more than those two.

You seem sure enough to use phrases like “biggest budget by far” and “considerably more” though.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Well it does, because it isn’t. 

4 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

You have to take into consideration how on the brink Falkirk were. We finished 6th before McGlynn came in ffs! Not for me to talk about whether Pars players are legends or not, you'd have to ask a Pars fan that question.

That still blows my mind. How on earth are teams that pull in 800 punters each week spending more than us? 

Both have owners willing to just write cheques currently. Tbf hamilton sold a few of their youngsters down south as well. 

Edited by Bairn to Believe

Just now, Hughsie said:

You seem sure enough to use phrases like “biggest budget by far” and “considerably more” though.

Indeed I am. That much is fairly clear IMO.

Look, far be it for me to try and piss on every Falkirk fans cornflakes in this thread, if you want to consider winning League One at a canter as a legendary achievement for your club and in turn, your players and staff will become legends, wire in. You're much better placed than I am to make that assessment. I just thought it was a bit tinpot for a big club, a club the size of Falkirk to be saying that these players will now become legendary if they go undefeated against, part-time Montrose, Hamilton, Cove, part-time Kelty Hearts, part-time Annan & part-time Alloa in their next 6 games.

I'll leave it there!

Thanks for the debate.

Look, far be it for me to try and piss on every Falkirk fans cornflakes in this thread, if you want to consider winning League One at a canter as a legendary achievement for your club and in turn, your players and staff will become legends, wire in. You're much better placed than I am to make that assessment. I just thought it was a bit tinpot for a big club, a club the size of Falkirk to be saying that these players will now become legendary if they go undefeated against, part-time Montrose, Hamilton, Cove, part-time Kelty Hearts, part-time Annan & part-time Alloa in their next 6 games.

I'll leave it there!

Thanks for the debate.

How are you sure? I can tell you how I’m sure - it was confirmed at the FSS agm on Friday night we had the third biggest budget by a club director. 

I'll leave it there!

Thanks for the debate.

The terminology can be debated but there’s very few clubs in Scotland who wouldn’t hold a team going unbeaten for an entire season, regardless of the circumstances, in very high esteem.

They'll rightly go down in the history of the club.

25 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'll leave it there!

Thanks for the debate.

Firstly, you're just wrong about the budget and has been confirmed by a board member. 

Secondly, I find it funny when fans of other clubs try this nonsense because ANY club in our situation would be the exact same. This is our first promotion in a long time with some of our fans never having seen it for themselves, with an unbeaten run and potential invincible season that (even in league 1) only rangers have managed. We have spent 5 years here after absolute charlatans who utterly destroyed this club dragged us down and kept us here before eventually were rightly kicked out. The fans were the ones that took it back in their own hands and the results of this season can ONLY be attributed to that group effort. This win is far far beyond just winning league one as a big club, it has taken far harder graft than any club who has only just dropped down from the championship with wealthy owners that can bankroll them back up. There is often a lot of crowdwanking on here but it's mainly because there are very few clubs that can claim that even in their worst ever season in history they maintained crowds of over 2000 and have average crowds of 5000 in league one. Our success this season has come from that and only that and the team on the park is the fruits of that dedication. I for one, will remember this season as the season we took it in our hands and turned our club away from imminent death. Not by leaving it to someone else to deal with. The results of the season just reflect all of that and any player on the park will be a legend to me as a result. And any other club who can say all of the above would be just as elated as we are. If you don't see that it's because you've had the privilege of not being in this situation and that is fine for you but don't bother coming on here to try and convince anyone otherwise, it just won't work.

Edited by Jimmy1876

5 hours ago, Raybowski89 said:

I'm glad Morrison signed that contract extension, but I can't help but feel we'll have a fight on our hands to keep him this summer, as he'll surely be attracting a lot of attention due to his red-hot form of late. The good thing is that the contract extension puts the ball firmly in our court. Would love him to stay (obviously) but what would be a realistic figure the club would entertain? £1M?

On the subject of legends - I think that, were he to stay until Falkirk are back in the premiership, there would be absolutely no denying his legend status. 

A million pounds Wild West Smile GIF by GritTV

44 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'll leave it there!

Thanks for the debate.

Hamilton, Cove and QotS are full time mate.

8 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

A million pounds Wild West Smile GIF by GritTV

Obviously we wouldn't get that amount for him, but when he's just signed a new contract, it means that the club are in a strong position negotiations-wise.  Care to offer an amount you feel would be more realistic?