The Falkirk FC Thread

33 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Faigh e deas suas thu accies!

41 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Aye, the constant 17:30 KO times are less than ideal, but Alba just needed to get their Box Office Bairns fix! What's the Gaelic for "Get it right up yeez Accies"?

You're no wrong! Not to mention all the merch I've also bought over that period. The club should have just automatically taken the money out my bank account when they announced the 1991 away shirt. Would have saved me the hassle 🤣

Fair points. It was never in any doubt that I was going, however. I'm skint but I just love following this team so much. These players have a real connection with the supporters and it's just awesome to see it.

There will be a good many clubs in the league that will miss the Blue £ next season.

4 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

It might be tough seeing these clubs ahead of us the pecking order at times but I'd far rather our model than theirs.

Yes but didn't Dee4Life have "our" model and gave it up to accept the investment from their benefactor which has led them to this situation?

I think it highlights that the fans leg of the stool must always be the strongest one.

Right Back
With Keelan Adams on a 2 year deal the management team will expect him to be challenging for that position.
If we get Finn Yeats to sign a contract we will have for the first time for a while competition for the Right Back spot plus Yeats versatility for a midfield roll. Should we consider that position covered?
With few players incoming it would be good to have a long standing position issue off the list.
Thoughts?

18 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Dundee game off again, whit a riddy for the spl bigwigs wanting artificial pitches gone in the top league yet Dundee can't get their grass pitch playable in April. 

SKY will be distinctly dischuffed at such a late call off.

They will use this to screw the SFA when the contract is up for renewal.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:
Right Back
With Keelan Adams on a 2 year deal the management team will expect him to be challenging for that position.
If we get Finn Yeats to sign a contract we will have for the first time for a while competition for the Right Back spot plus Yeats versatility for a midfield roll. Should we consider that position covered?
With few players incoming it would be good to have a long standing position issue off the list.
Thoughts?

No need to shout!

3 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:
Right Back
Thoughts?

YES

2 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Dundee game off again, whit a riddy for the spl bigwigs wanting artificial pitches gone in the top league yet Dundee can't get their grass pitch playable in April. 

Problem is they’ll double-down now, insisting on grass pitches with all sorts of caveats around drainage, pitch protection etc and sanctions for when it doesn’t work. Idiots. 

Worst of all is the fact that there is another club, located across the street, and in a lower division, who don't seem to have the same issues with their pitch that Dundee are continuing to have. I'm not a groundskeeper, and I imagine it's a difficult job, but maybe they should keek over the fence and see what United are doing differently, as it's getting embarrassing now.

Edited by Raybowski89

24 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Worst of all is the fact that there is another club, located across the street, and in a lower division, who don't seem to have the same issues with their pitch that Dundee are continuing to have. I'm not a groundskeeper, and I imagine it's a difficult job, but maybe they should keek over the fence and see what United are doing differently, as it's getting embarrassing now.

Dundee recently bulleted their groundsmen, & have apparently hired Utd’s guy to take over at the seasons end.

FECD5191-A204-4EFA-9C20-1EC79F722710.jpeg

C15822D5-F996-4DFC-ADFB-23B774A41EF9.jpeg

6F8EE5B6-7082-40EF-9504-0AEDE1951EE7.jpeg

14 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Dundee recently bulleted their groundsmen, & have apparently hired Utd’s guy to take over at the seasons end.

FECD5191-A204-4EFA-9C20-1EC79F722710.jpeg

C15822D5-F996-4DFC-ADFB-23B774A41EF9.jpeg

6F8EE5B6-7082-40EF-9504-0AEDE1951EE7.jpeg

A shame to hear folk losing their jobs, especially ones that had been with the club for decades, but the situation at Dens Park is a shambles. They're no doubt the scapegoats.