The Falkirk FC Thread

If you are looking for something to do (re-watching the highlights is a definite starter though), then we’ve just popped out on our socials as a reminder that…

🎙️ 2023/24 had a few “Falkirk Daft meets..” as well as some special guests on our regular podcasts…

🧢 John McGlynn & Paul Smith
👕 Chris “Bigtime” McGill 
💷 FFC Directors 
🤸🏻‍♂️ Will Vaulks
⚽️ Tam McManus
👨🏻‍🦰 Sammy McGivern
🏆 Lauren Shaw
👦 Tony Begg

Find them all at👇🏼

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_9441.thumb.jpeg.7122c56d139627f5577cb83fff316dd4.jpeg

2 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

If you are looking for something to do (re-watching the highlights is a definite starter though), then we’ve just popped out on our socials as a reminder that…

🎙️ 2023/24 had a few “Falkirk Daft meets..” as well as some special guests on our regular podcasts…

🧢 John McGlynn & Paul Smith
👕 Chris “Bigtime” McGill 
💷 FFC Directors 
🤸🏻‍♂️ Will Vaulks
⚽️ Tam McManus
👨🏻‍🦰 Sammy McGivern
🏆 Lauren Shaw
👦 Tony Begg

Find them all at👇🏼

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_9441.thumb.jpeg.7122c56d139627f5577cb83fff316dd4.jpeg

They’re all good but I really recommend the Will Vaulks one for anyone who hasn’t seen it. 

31 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

DVD of highlights of all 36 games or we storm the stadium.

I still have this, despite the fact I no longer have anything to play it on and the whole video is probably online as part of the FFCTV back catalogue. Should probably try to sell it on ebay. 

Doubt there is a market for these things nowadays with match highlights (and maybe entire match reruns?) being available for anyone to watch and download. 

20240511_181944.jpg

Just now, Bainsfordbairn said:

I still have this, despite the fact I no longer have anything to play it on and the whole video is probably online as part of the FFCTV back catalogue. Should probably try to sell it on ebay. 

Doubt there is a market for these things nowadays with match highlights (and maybe entire match reruns?) being available for anyone to watch and download. 

20240511_181944.jpg

I have that too, on VHS!

Remember the pop-punk riffage between each game.

5 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Is this a warning that I should stop doing that act in my car?

As long as you make your deposit in the meter, it’s fine.

45 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Never quite worked out who is who between you and KJLK but I assume you're collaborating on a project I know about. 

Can't wait to see the end result. 

Same person: one is my telephone account. The other is my main computer.  I’m not trying to pretend I’m two different people.    

5 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

... I’m not trying to pretend I’m two different people.    

Know how you feel. Tried at five-a-sides for weeks to be Calvin Miller, Callumn Morrison and Aiden Nesbitt but to no avail! 😮‍💨

15 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

20240511_181944.jpg

I’ve got that on VHS too and let me tell you a story. 

Stan Taylor, who scored the last ever goal at Brockville had moved on and was at St Johnstone by the time we were in the premier league. That was the time I was doing media at the work at the club and he’s one of the nicest guys I’ve ever met. He approached me when they played us at TFS and asked if there were any spares of those lying around. I got a hold of one for him, and he passed over  a £20 note for it despite me thinking he was just looking for one Buck shee. He then stuck it up his juke as they say, since he didn’t want his current team mates to see him getting a hold of a Falkirk video when he was playing against us. 

What a guy. I stuck the £20 in the charity box at reception and never forgot his smile when he took the tape. 

11 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I’ve got that on VHS too and let me tell you a story. 

Stan Taylor, who scored the last ever goal at Brockville had moved on and was at St Johnstone by the time we were in the premier league. That was the time I was doing media at the work at the club and he’s one of the nicest guys I’ve ever met. He approached me when they played us at TFS and asked if there were any spares of those lying around. I got a hold of one for him, and he passed over  a £20 note for it despite me thinking he was just looking for one Buck shee. He then stuck it up his juke as they say, since he didn’t want his current team mates to see him getting a hold of a Falkirk video when he was playing against us. 

What a guy. I stuck the £20 in the charity box at reception and never forgot his smile when he took the tape. 

Great story, and good for him. I never met Stewart Taylor as I was just a fan in those days but I've found most Falkirk players to be sound. They're just ordinary guys who're doing a job and aren't high enough up in the pyramid to have developed a superiority complex. That goes for almost all the managers and coaches too, with only one exception. 

It's one of the things that make the current team so special. They love the club and appreciate the support they've had from the fans, as various TV interviews will confirm. There's a bond there which we haven't had for a very long time. Long may it continue. 

6 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Great story, and good for him. I never met Stewart Taylor as I was just a fan in those days but I've found most Falkirk players to be sound. They're just ordinary guys who're doing a job and aren't high enough up in the pyramid to have developed a superiority complex. That goes for almost all the managers and coaches too, with only one exception. 

It's one of the things that make the current team so special. They love the club and appreciate the support they've had from the fans, as various TV interviews will confirm. There's a bond there which we haven't had for a very long time. Long may it continue. 

Totally agree. There’s always the odd bad apple like you say, but few and far between thankfully. And he was the most rotten apple of them all. 

On 09/05/2024 at 15:29, Tamtheman said:

Ross and John speak as they see it, and long may it continue.

Falkirk Daft best thing to happen in a long time

keep it going boys. 👏👏👏

Really? FFS.

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

20240511_181944.jpg

Yep I've still got this on dvd too. I watch it on a little portable dvd player I bought to take camping.

1 hour ago, printer said:

Really? FFS.

Trying to find something to discredit to make yourself feel better after a tough day? It's okay, I understand, better luck next time 

5 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Trying to find something to discredit to make yourself feel better after a tough day? It's okay, I understand, better luck next time 

Yeah, that's what's happened. 😂😂😂

5 minutes ago, printer said:

Yeah, that's what's happened. 😂😂😂

Thought so because otherwise it would be really strange to look down on someone else's opinion of a podcast for their club that they want to support wouldn't it? No worries, try again next year