The Falkirk FC Thread

Complete riddy for St. Mirren. Definition of wee team that is currently lucky enough to be on the crest of a wave, voting to pull up the drawbridge. Won't be forgotten that's for sure. 

4 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Complete riddy for St. Mirren. Definition of wee team that is currently lucky enough to be on the crest of a wave, voting to pull up the drawbridge. Won't be forgotten that's for sure. 

Agreed. St Mirren's vote is particularly poor for this reason. They've certainly gone down in my estimation as a football club - as will Ross County, St Johnstone and Motherwell if they vote the same way. 

I get the feeling we’re going to have to suck this up. Many football fans will take a reactionary view and not think through the issues, just say “grass is good”. 

I would love us to finish top of the Championship and then tell the Prem to shove it up their arse when they try and force us to dig up a perfectly good pitch, I would rather just stay in the Championship that bend over and take it from the ugly sisters. 

3 hours ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Hi folks, I am following up on the idea that I floated in various threads to write to local representatives to try and prevent the ban on artificial pitches in Scottish Premiership. 

If you read the Consultation paper, it is crystal clear that the ban is unfair and regressive - the recommendations for ensuring quality artificial pitches are sound.

Numbers and momentum is everything, so please, please do email (if you have 5 minutes for reading nonsense on P&B you have 2 mins to send two emails!). I recommend sending two emails, one to your MSP and one to your councillor/council lead.

I have created a draft email to copy and paste. I have also included instructions for who to email for rovers fans in Kirkcaldy (perhaps some kind soul could do similar for their own team in Airdrie/Falkirk/Dumfries/Hamilton/Cove respectively. I have left the Rovers version below as a template). I also have included how to find who to email. Thanks folks!

EMAIL SUBJECT LINE: RE: Potential ban of artificial surfaces in the Scottish Premiership

Dear NAME OF MSP/COUNCILLOR,

Purpose of writing

I am writing to raise concerns about the potential ban of artificial surfaces in the Scottish Premiership. There is a proposed vote taking place in the coming weeks. This vote will only be open to current Premiership clubs with the vote being for a blanket ban of artificial surfaces from season 2026/27.

Facts of the case

I would like to draw your attention to this joint statement provided by several clubs who presently have artificial surfaces (Raith Rovers, Falkirk, Queen of the South and Hamilton Academical), and especially to the detailed position paper which sets out a series of arguments and recommendations to allow artificial surfaces to continue to be used. The joint statement is here: https://www.raithrovers.net/artificial-pitch-statement; the consultation paper is here (created by the four aforementioned clubs alongside Airdrieonians and Cove Rangers): https://online.publuu.com/516411/1157872

Key points: Artificial surfaces are permitted at the very pinnacle of the game, being used in Champions League fixtures. There is therefore no good argument for banning them with regards to quality. Banning artificial surfaces would have a deleterious effect on sporting integrity and, most importantly, have a devastating impact on various clubs’ capacity to act as a sustainable community hub, providing a basis for boys, girls and women’s football to thrive.

Request

I would like to request:

a) Public support of the consultation paper and to advocate that a ban on artificial pitches should not be permitted.

b) That this issue is raised with appropriate senior ministers with the request to support the consultation paper and to advocate that a ban on artificial pitches should not be permitted.

c) Raising the issue directly with the SPFL, the Scottish football governing body, to advocate that the consultation paper’s recommendations be accepted and a ban on artificial pitches should not be permitted.

Yours Sincerely,

YOUR FULL NAME:

YOUR HOME ADDRESS:

Find your MSP here: https://www.parliament.scot/msps; find your local councillor here: https://www.gov.uk/find-your-local-councillors

For Rovers fans in Kirkcaldy I recommend contacting a) David Torrance, MSP for Kirkcaldy here: David.Torrance.msp@parliament.scot and b) Cllr. David Ross, who is leader of Fife Council and represents Kirkcaldy North, here: cllr.david.ross@fife.gov.uk For Rovers fans, here is the link to Fife councillors:  https://www.fife.gov.uk/kb/docs/articles/about-your-council2/politicians-and-committees/your-local-councillors/councillor;

Done, thanks.

Posted (edited)

The government should be getting involved in this. At a time when money is tight 240k of tax payers cash shouldn't be getting pished down the drain due to a cartel of 12 Mickey mouse businesses selfish decisions especially when it's a scheme backed by the bloody sfa themselves.

Mulraney had the brass neck to state this at the time our grant was agreed

'The Scottish FA’s grassroots strategy, Football for All, aims to increase participation at all levels by removing barriers and improving accessibility to the game.'

You really couldn't make it up.  It's typical of the shambles that is Scottish football.

Edited by Shodwall cat

4 hours ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Hi folks, I am following up on the idea that I floated in various threads to write to local representatives to try and prevent the ban on artificial pitches in Scottish Premiership. 

If you read the Consultation paper, it is crystal clear that the ban is unfair and regressive - the recommendations for ensuring quality artificial pitches are sound.

Numbers and momentum is everything, so please, please do email (if you have 5 minutes for reading nonsense on P&B you have 2 mins to send two emails!). I recommend sending two emails, one to your MSP and one to your councillor/council lead.

I have created a draft email to copy and paste. I have also included instructions for who to email for rovers fans in Kirkcaldy (perhaps some kind soul could do similar for their own team in Airdrie/Falkirk/Dumfries/Hamilton/Cove respectively. I have left the Rovers version below as a template). I also have included how to find who to email. Thanks folks!

EMAIL SUBJECT LINE: RE: Potential ban of artificial surfaces in the Scottish Premiership

Dear NAME OF MSP/COUNCILLOR,

Purpose of writing

I am writing to raise concerns about the potential ban of artificial surfaces in the Scottish Premiership. There is a proposed vote taking place in the coming weeks. This vote will only be open to current Premiership clubs with the vote being for a blanket ban of artificial surfaces from season 2026/27.

Facts of the case

I would like to draw your attention to this joint statement provided by several clubs who presently have artificial surfaces (Raith Rovers, Falkirk, Queen of the South and Hamilton Academical), and especially to the detailed position paper which sets out a series of arguments and recommendations to allow artificial surfaces to continue to be used. The joint statement is here: https://www.raithrovers.net/artificial-pitch-statement; the consultation paper is here (created by the four aforementioned clubs alongside Airdrieonians and Cove Rangers): https://online.publuu.com/516411/1157872

Key points: Artificial surfaces are permitted at the very pinnacle of the game, being used in Champions League fixtures. There is therefore no good argument for banning them with regards to quality. Banning artificial surfaces would have a deleterious effect on sporting integrity and, most importantly, have a devastating impact on various clubs’ capacity to act as a sustainable community hub, providing a basis for boys, girls and women’s football to thrive.

Request

I would like to request:

a) Public support of the consultation paper and to advocate that a ban on artificial pitches should not be permitted.

b) That this issue is raised with appropriate senior ministers with the request to support the consultation paper and to advocate that a ban on artificial pitches should not be permitted.

c) Raising the issue directly with the SPFL, the Scottish football governing body, to advocate that the consultation paper’s recommendations be accepted and a ban on artificial pitches should not be permitted.

Yours Sincerely,

YOUR FULL NAME:

YOUR HOME ADDRESS:

Find your MSP here: https://www.parliament.scot/msps; find your local councillor here: https://www.gov.uk/find-your-local-councillors

For Rovers fans in Kirkcaldy I recommend contacting a) David Torrance, MSP for Kirkcaldy here: David.Torrance.msp@parliament.scot and b) Cllr. David Ross, who is leader of Fife Council and represents Kirkcaldy North, here: cllr.david.ross@fife.gov.uk For Rovers fans, here is the link to Fife councillors:  https://www.fife.gov.uk/kb/docs/articles/about-your-council2/politicians-and-committees/your-local-councillors/councillor;

Done 

4 hours ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

FSS now co-ordinating distribution of this template to members so they can write to their national/local representatives.

Please do write and show the strength of feeling against this exclusionary proposal.

19 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

FSS now co-ordinating distribution of this template to members so they can write to their national/local representatives.

Please do write and show the strength of feeling against this exclusionary proposal.

As I said should possibly be contacting local MPs too as it's a UK govt grant that paid towards the new pitch I think.

This is what gets me if a "Premiership" game gets called off due to weather and pitch being unplayable yet Championship games can be played who has got the high ground in this situation because the first thing the Premiership clubs will do is moan about a fixture backlog depending how long inclimate weather lasts not to mention other issues that occur i.e. failure of undersoil heating, forgetting to turn it on it, you've then got issues of if the game is televised etc.

27 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

This is what gets me if a "Premiership" game gets called off due to weather and pitch being unplayable yet Championship games can be played who has got the high ground in this situation because the first thing the Premiership clubs will do is moan about a fixture backlog depending how long inclimate weather lasts not to mention other issues that occur i.e. failure of undersoil heating, forgetting to turn it on it, you've then got issues of if the game is televised etc.

They'll just shrug their shoulders and lament that it's a "freak" event and point to all the reasons indicated in the Championship sides letter - climate and resources.

Similarly, what will be done when if one of the Premier pitches falls below the agreed standard and can't be made back to the standard in a timely fashion - are they going to let those fixtures pile up or put additional wear on another of the 12's pitch? Its grass after all and is subject to so many outside factors in different areas of the country. 

2 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

IMG_4158.thumb.png.a11e5ed1e559da68ddd9e1fc7ab55d10.pngWho ever you are in charge of that twitter, f**k right off ya dick

He’s having a shocker. Praised many games throughout the years that have been played on Astro, including one at airdrie very recently. Just shows you even reasonable people’s minds can be bent and twisted into arguing for something just because their own club supported it.

17 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

He’s having a shocker. Praised many games throughout the years that have been played on Astro, including one at airdrie very recently. Just shows you even reasonable people’s minds can be bent and twisted into arguing for something just because their own club supported it.

I was just going to post this.

He's been (rightly) praising Rovers to the high heavens for the tremendous games put on at their patch this year, now suddenly all against it.

Basic tribalism just because the Paisley Luddites have spoken. So, so disappointing.

6 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Would like a good run in this cup this year so...

Pot 1 - St Johnstone (away) - local ish and potentially beatable ish

Pot 2 - ICT (home) - all the other teams are in our league and we'll play them enough

Pot 4 - Stirling Albion (away) - love Forthbank and it's local

Pot 5 - Brechin (home) - not fussed about this pot as long as its at home, don't want a Bonnyrigg away result again

Assuming it's the same as previous years, games against Pot 1 and pot 3 will be at home, pot 2 and pot 4 will be away