The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Thoughts on Layton Bisland lads?

He was brought in as a cheap back up as I don't believe the Peterhead fans had much good words about him. Didn't get much gametime at all but in the games he did play he was far too eager to get rid of the ball and a bit too gung ho in the tackle too. Alfie Bavidge teared him a new arsehole away at Kelty in February.

13 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Not sure what relevance PT / FT has here

They've learned nothing from the past decade and are about to tell you part time clubs are always worse than full time clubs.

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They've learned nothing from the past decade and are about to tell you part time clubs are always worse than full time clubs.

So, you would have no qualms if St. Johnstone went part time? They would obviously still be able to cope in the Premiership?

Edited by Bairn in Exile

17 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

So, you would have no qualms if St. Johnstone went part time? They would obviously still be able to cope in the Premiership?

At your level the lines are more blurry. The best part time players can be better than the worst full time players.

That gets different once you're at the top level.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

At your level the lines are more blurry. The best part time players can be better than the worst full time players.

That gets different once you're at the top level.

Obviously.

But a team of 11 full time players should be better than a team of 11 part time players, yes?

So, I'll ask you again - if St. Johnstone were to drop into the Championship, you would be quite happy if they went part time?

5 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Obviously.

But a team of 11 full time players should be better than a team of 11 part time players, yes?

So, I'll ask you again - if St. Johnstone were to drop into the Championship, you would be quite happy if they went part time?

I think the big problem is that Bisland trained and was employed full time. With going part time he will need other employment during the week. He has been in full time with Dundee United since leaving school

Watching the comments after the Hungary game. Am I the only one getting frustrated about comments about losing because we had to ‘go for it’? 

Perhaps if we had went for it a bit earlier than after 80 minutes we might not have found ourselves chasing it. I don’t want to criticise the Scotland team too much as we did well to get to Germany, and Clarke an excellent coach, but I really think that we were far too negative tonight. You could see as soon as we brought on Shankland and Armstrong we looked so much more capable up front than we did through the first half in particular.

Really disappointed tonight as i honestly thought we let ourselves down a bit tonight.  
Hope Clarke stays on though….

Edited by roman_bairn

We haven't kicked a ball since we qualified for the euros. What was it 1 win in 11 or something?, it's ok saying it's only friendlies etc but if your form is ganting going in then it doesn't bode well. Injuries to key players don't help but that was absolutely brutal tonight and Clarke slavering about having an Argentinian ref post match was cringeworthy. 

Chronic performance last night.

For a must win game against really pretty average opponents the lack of attacking threat was shocking.

Che Adams was basically another midfielder as he constantly had to come deep to get the ball.

The manager should look in the mirror rather than whining about the referee who dodgy penalty call aside was pretty good.

Anyway back to the real stuff now, can we expect any additions to the squad given the vast fortunes we have been pumping into the club over the close season…

Steve Clsrke's time is up, Scotland have been brutal for  9 months and 12 games now and he looks like more out of ideas than the team itself. Everyone's time in football comes to an end and his happened some months back, unfortunately for us.

We’ve been woeful for most of the last ten or so games, and our formation is far too rigid. McGregor was obviously told to keep things tight, but he hardly placed one forward telling ball all night when he regularly does it every week. Yes injuries didn’t help, but we still had players like Armstrong who came on and at least looked positive going forward. Easy to criticise but for me I’d have a change of manager. He’s done great in getting us to a tournament, his comments about the ref being Argentinian was poor at best.

Edited by Springfield

I was at the game last night and it had exactly the same feel before during and after as it did in St.Etienne in ‘98. Great fun and optimism, shocking performance and ultimately just not good enough again.